Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Sporadic posted:

The Universal Classic Monster boxset dropped down to $79.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FL8OTK...P8SFG1FSTMJ6ENF

Dracula/Drácula/Frankenstein/Bride Of Frankenstein/The Wolf Man/The Mummy/The Invisible Man/Phantom of the Opera/Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D

On the UK Amazon it's only $33.59 CAD with shipping. Same set and of course region free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Hatter106 posted:

I just bought this Canadian version of The Terminator, which apparently came out last September:

Is it the same new transfer featured on the new "Remastered" version hitting next week?

No, the one you bought is the old transfer :(

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Hopefully they get to releasing Coonskin if that goes well.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Amazon has the Universal Monsters set for $66 right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Cla...versal+monsters

Amazon UK has the same set region free for 42.71 USD (Shipping included)!

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Max22 posted:

Canadians! Cineplex is running an incredible deal for Boxing Week:

-- 50% off everything
-- Free shipping on any order
-- Free movie ticket with any disc purchase over $14.99
-- They have Criterions

And a Merry Christmas to you too !

Edit: The free movie ticket doesn't stack so I had to make 7 separate orders, I'm a pig.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 24, 2013

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

With Criterion releases I usually have more fun with the special features than the movie.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

More DVNR crap from Universal (I know this is Shout! but it was licensed from them)

I was almost shocked they didn't include the DVDbeaver boob shot as I scrolled through the screengrabs but then I reached the last one.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Batman: The Complete Series is coming in November, I'm one step closer somehow to getting my remastered Miami Vice collection somehow.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Has there been any word on that big Herzog bluray collection coming out, I have it pre-ordered but I have a bad feeling it'll be blech transfer wise.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Blu-Ray.com on Shout! Factory's Herzog set

Most of the films appear to be from older transfers that have some noise and filtering built-in, but nothing horrible like a typical Universal no-effort video master. However, the BFI release of Nosferatu is apparently less filtered, so we'll have to see if there's major differences on that set.

Cancelled my pre-order, disappointing.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Just pre-ordered that Twin Peaks boxset from Amazon UK for 81 shipped to Canada. I'm going in blind.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 24, 2014

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Is it preferable to watch the movie before or after?

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

RichterIX posted:

Is the UK version exactly the same as the US version? That's a really good deal.

It's the same set.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is the Amazon.co.uk price for the Twin Peaks Blu Ray some special sale, or is that just the price? It would be about $70US to ship it here, as opposed to being $119 plus tax on Amazon.com.

I'd like to buy it, but not right away if I can help it.

That's their normal price.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

caiman posted:

Fantastic that they're not wasting time releasing the restored Caligari. Can't freaking wait.

I feel bad that I was more excited when I misread that as Caligula which painfully needs a better bluray.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Sirotan posted:

Anybody own the new bluray Twin Peaks set? I'm currently making my way through the set (slowly), and was chatting up a friend about it when I found this discussion on Amazon regarding some audio syncing issues with a couple of the discs: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2BNW5FKOHDPXM/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00KCTG4PO&nodeID=2625373011&store=movies-tv#wasThisHelpful Amazon has actually stopped selling it seemingly as a result of the issues. I haven't had any problems yet but now I'm getting worried...

Yeah I noticed that on the previously on Twin Peaks sections the audio was really off, but the episodes themselves were fine. However, I am only on disc 2 I skipped to the Fire Walk With Me discs and the audio is all off slightly and it's horrible.Thanks for bringing this up as I would've missed the deadline for replacements (September 12). I got mine from the UK Amazon, they sent me a new one free of charge, just have to mail them back the defective one (They also refund any postage) .

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

RichterIX posted:

Wait so is there a replacement program going now? Or did you just trade Amazon your defective one for another copy (which might also be defective)?

Traded for another probably defective one but fingers crossed.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

I can't seem to find that Texas Chainsaw release anywhere around me here in Canada and Amazon.ca isn't selling it, will have to wait to get lucky on ebay, it's the same with the Friday the 13th set.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

mallratcal posted:

TCMShop has the Halloween Blu set for $20

http://shop.tcm.com/detail.php?p=695827

It's obviously a mistake but worth a shot.

Just ordered this, charged me the 20 + 20 shipping to Canada, can't wait to finally see the producer's cut of the piece of poo poo 6th film.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It was available on Amazon.ca. I ordered it on September 12 but it hasn't arrived. I received an email confirming that it shipped on September 18 but when I check the website it says to expect delivery by October 25. I have no clue when this will end up arriving.

It's up on Amazon.ca now but as an import for 50 dollars, still not listed on any Canadian sites that I can see. I'll hold out hope though!

Fake edit: My Halloween boxset from TCM went from backordered to pre-ordered and they sent a confirmation email so fingers crossed on that too.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I got an email from TMC offering 30% of my next order. However, it seems that it was sent to everyone and my order is still active.

Yeah everyone got that on their mailing list, mine's still showing active and I've been charged the 41 dollars.

Edit: Boo cancelled and refunded.

E.G.G.S. fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 23, 2014

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Rusty Staub posted:

can someone explain steelbook fetishism to me? I don't get it.

People are stupid, I got 200 USD from ebaying Inglorious Basterds and Indiana Jones 4 Futureshop steelbooks. The best though are the slip cover crazies.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

morestuff posted:

The giant Hitchcock blu-ray set is down to $99 is you haven't bought the cheaper one or imported a copy.

Better to import the region free UK set it's about 50/55 USD on Amazon uk shipped but it's missing North by Northwest.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Egbert Souse posted:

Disney is releasing Swiss Family Robinson and Return to Oz as Disney Movie Club exclusives. They've also released Pollyanna, Old Yeller, and The Love Bug this way. It looks like these exclusives are still high quality remasters, but no sign of being released outside the club.

Sorry Mickey Mouse tea towels, looks like I'm cashing in on Return to Oz.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Dr.Caligari posted:

Can anyone confirm this Universal Monster BR collection UK release the same as the US release? Everything seems the same, but the price is half of the US..

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Monsters-Essential-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00G3LO64G

It's the same, might even be cheaper to actually order it from the UK Amazon

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

They never put that out in any of the Costco stores I've been to :(

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Jedit posted:

For anyone who hadn't seen 28 Days Later, anyway.

The only really good bit of Dawn of the Dead was when they were communicating with the guy in the gun shop across the car park by writing on whiteboards. You see him on the roof writing on his board after a zombie attack on the shop and he lifts up his board to show smears of blood. It was obviously telegraphed, because nothing in that movie is subtle, but it did hit the same note Romero was aiming for: that the zombies were doing what they did in life out of some dim remnant of memory.

I think this is more of a this will be faster then using a marker thing. It's too bad the remake of Day of the Dead was not even close to being the same quality of Dawn, I would've liked to see that world months/years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Miami Vice: The Complete Series in October from Mill Creek Entertainment.

• Locked thread