Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I've always used bead organizers from craft stores for small/ unique pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I still need to get the chain on mine. It wasn't pulling the lift up properly. I have to go back and figure out what is wrong

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I picked up skull island (7279) from a woman getting rid of her son's stuff. It's still in the box and only built once. She also has android base (6958) same condition I'm pretty sure I'm going back for.

I'm not into trains but she has 10014, 15 etc My own trains used in boxes. Is there anyone looking for those?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Hope she had her son's permission to sell them.

He died last year and she's alone trying to move :/

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

OSU_Matthew posted:

Train guy here, I actually bought some tracks from another poster in this thread earlier this year :)

Would definitely be interested in hearing more about what all you picked up! I believe I have 10014 in my collection, but not 10015 for starters

There were like all 5 of those? In the series she has. Another train which is a different set and a tub full of tracks

There was also bags of phantom menace sets. Random city sets. Some star wars buildable figures in boxes

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Cloks posted:

If you're going back, I'd be interested in the Star Wars stuff

If you guys want to PM me I can send you a list of what I can see in the pictures. Not sure on prices of everything but she wants cash only.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

xzzy posted:

Next up is the adult buildings, the brothel and the gallows.

I guess the sherrif's office too if you MUST be complete.. with a jail cell where you can hitch a horse up to the window bars and pull the whole wall out for the epic escape.

Also fake town blazing saddles style

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I wanted the dragon parade last time, but I think it was regional only, right?

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Another local facebook post. All put together once it seems
Diner 125
Parisian 225
Pet shop 210
Brick bank 180
Corner garage 150

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Is the nebulon still going live tonight? Haven't found it on the site yet.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Store I went to did that. That was the only way they were letting people buy things because of state restrictions

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
They should just do a roman line, like castles. Colessium is cool but if I can drop $600 on that then I have no excuse to give myself for the falcon

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Ah, forgot I don’t have PMs any longer.

If guys want, you can reach out to me at whowatchesthem @ gmai and I’ll respond.

For Goons, I was thinking half off of retail price? I honestly don’t know how people price these things — they’re not new and I want to get rid of them quick.

I’ll start breaking down the Batmobile, Assembly Sqaure, and the two architecture sets tomorrow morning.

How do y’all usually ship these things?

I'd be interested in the slave 1

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Would anyone be interested in

70144 chima fire lion
75912 speed champions porsche 911

Trying to consolidate things in my house. Both are new in box. Both boxes have some wear. I'll make a SA mart post if so

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I didn't even know that was going live. I kept searching under new and only saw the one with the lion. At least they're taking backorders

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I dug my skull eye schooner out of the box and it was almost all complete still. Had to put the masts and sails up obviously. I can't believe the instructions go for 150 on ebay

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
All my money gone

That bad batch ship is cool. Imperial shuttle is one of my faves so fits right there with that

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Forestmen
Blacktron
Imperials

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

mitochondritom posted:

If the Pirates of Barracuda Bay sold half as well as it was received by fans and critics alike, I think Lego would be insane not to make a follow up with a reimagining of Imperial Trading Post, the jewel of my childhood Lego and probably my favourite set.

I remember looking at all those in the catalog as a kid and seeing how "expensive" they were then and knowing I couldn't get them.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

davebo posted:

Oh god, the ucs falcon is actually available on the website. But I should like, buy a knockoff and NOT spend $800. Right?

I just called my gf and said hey persuade me not to buy this. She said well where would you put it? And its your money do what you want.

That didn't help

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
That's amazing

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I know it wouldn't probably help a whole bunch but I'm surprised lego just doesn't put a limit of 1 on everything. You can buy only 1 pack of toilet paper but you can buy 3 millennium falcons

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
There was a comment on one of their insta posts saying the medevial set listed is supposed to be a creator castle.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I don't want any of what that is

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I bought the purple spider base thing because it's cool looking and different from most sets. A lot of the new ninjago and monkie kid sets are really good looking.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I finally got around to building barracuda bay and just wow. Easily one of the best looking sets. The box doesn't do the final product justice. It's huge, vibrant and just awesome. I want to buy more of them just to build pirate ships.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Target has buy one get 40 percent off. a lot of mario and ninjago.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I've been wanting to just build things for a while but never had a very good assortment from my childhood sets. I found a big lot on facebook, about 50 pounds. I started to try and sort it but it's really overwhelming. The best way I figured was to just start building.

Im a big castle fan so I started with that idea. That was pretty much the only "planning" that went into this. It then turned to a castle jail cell. Then I came across a ton of the dark red pieces and always wanting a roman/greek line so I went with that.

This by no means is very good. Very basic building, in fact it's daunting to post in here with the talent that gets posted.

Ideas I had to change this:
Make the whole top removable
Make the back open instead of the side
Make the natural rock wall inside slidable to open a secret hallowed waterfall

Apologies for terrible pictures, too.

http://imgur.com/gallery/OfowX4x

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

One of my favorite Lego things is completely enclosed structures that hinge open to reveal detailed interiors. Hell yeah dude.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I quite like this

Carbohydrates posted:

I like the waterfall and the varied foliage a lot, and you did a good job adding texture to the walls with various modified bricks and SNOT tiles and such. The main thing that I really like, when I glance at this, is the overall composition. Everything is laid out really nicely. Definitely keep posting as you tweak it!

Thanks you guys!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
That's amazing

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Boba Fetts pick up truck

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
How the hell do you buy it

Nevermind it's just became available after 10 min of refreshing

Captain Duvel fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 1, 2021

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Well looks like they are doing the Seinfeld set

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Electromax posted:

You gotta help me offload these bricks, Jerry! The investors, they won't touch 'em! Something about the studs not having the right stamps, they're saying they're knockoffs! like I'm supposed to examine all 4,241 pieces?
*elaine picks up a box and squints* "...Lepin." *audience laughing*
Jerry: Kramer, did you get these from that Chinatown market I warned you about? These aren't even official!
*kramer, fumbling comically* Newman said it was in Danish!

:five:

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Electromax posted:

Off the top of my head...
- Courtney Cox was Jerry's gf in one episode, she has a Friends minifig
- Marisa Tomei was George's gf in one episode (I know...), probably had an Aunt May minifig
- Jon Favreau ("you're hung up on a clown from the 60s, man") got a Happy minifig
- James Spader (mad at George for stretching out his sweater neck hole) got an Ultron minifig, but reusing that face might look odd

Would probably be fun looking at all the different "non-yellow" heads on bricklink and seeing whose faces matched close enough for Puddy etc.

Holy poo poo that was Jon favreau??

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Usually $8-$10 a pound

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Micro builds keep popping up on my Instagram feed so I thought I'd give it a go. Trying to get some creativity flowing.

Just a fort in the woods
http://imgur.com/gallery/tByxcR9

River along the sand/desert. Still working on this
http://imgur.com/gallery/UnWVlOp

Roman aqueduct. I think this looks pretty good to be honest.
http://imgur.com/gallery/ho1oM6J

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Mameluke posted:

Okay, how would you make a good set out of some of these sitcoms? UCS Fusilli Jerry, or Puerto Rican Day parade playset maybe?

Central Park with a rockin' van

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Those are so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

My dad texted me asking if there’s a Lego Home Alone set, and I said yes, sending him the link. He asked if I was going to get it, and I replied not this year, but I would be getting Barracuda Bay, and sent him the link for that. He also likes that one :3:

Also, this moc microbuild castle was on Reddit and I love it.

That's beautiful