Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
That's a fantastic name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I'm only just now finding out that Reggie Willits isn't black

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
For the longest time I thought Jimmy Wynn was white, too.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

The broken bones posted:

I thought Dick Allen was white for a long time too

Alright, now that's hilarious to me.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

FairGame posted:

Joe Thurston was that way for me. I read about him in spring training 2009 and was like "Hrm...a top prospect in the BOSTON organization, plays a LOT OF POSITIONS with SPEED and HUSTLE but never really cracked the bigs?

SPRINTS TO FIRST BASE ON A WALK?

And jogs back to the dugout after making another out on the basepaths.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Roger Clemens award, just to piss everybody off

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Yeah Madonna is awesome.

Music critics are definitely loving awful, it's all nothing but lifestyle criticism and posturing.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pat Dooley
‏@pat_dooley
Today is always the most bittersweet day of the year. My daughter Jenny was born same day John Lennon was shot. Never know how to feel.

This is especially funny to me because not only does my dad, who is a huge huge huge Beatles fan, have a December 8th birthday, but December 8th 1993 was the day the doctors at the hospital told my parents that I would be profoundly deaf from meningitis. Somehow he's never had a problem celebrating his birthday.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Well they're paying Stephen A Smith $3million a year so think about this: the hosts of First Take are earning a combined $7million a year

Has anybody mentioned yet that your username is totally outdated?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

I, what? Holy poo poo. :psyduck: Didn't realize that had gone down.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

my favourite Grantland piece was the minute by minute breakdown of how many times Kate Winslet tried to kill Leonardo Di Caprio in Titanic, and all I can do is giggle all the way through

Holy hell, I missed that one and just read it and laughed my rear end off. I love Titanic but that was great.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Timby posted:

That became patently obvious two years ago, when four more people voted for Clemens for the Hall of Fame than did Bonds.

Four whole people? There are over 400 voters for the MLB Hall of Fame. That's nothing but noise.

Even if you could chalk that up to anything, I'd be inclined to bet it was something much simpler and less insidious: dingers. People care deeply about the home run record.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Here's a spicy take for you all!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19564712/jerry-remy-boston-red-sox-announcer-says-pitchers-get-translators

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I'm not at all a food snob and am fine with most any chain restaurant, it's whatever, but Applebee's is really that bad yeah. I'm not sure how they gently caress up so bad. I feel the same way about Papa John's re: pizza chains.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Crazy Ted posted:

Yeah I learned that when I took a random trip to Dallas in about 2005, went to a BBQ place because we'd driven 14 hours and were hungry, I ordered a "sampler platter", and didn't realize until the food arrived that I'd actually ordered three pounds of meat plus the usual sides.

The toilet in the hotel room never stood a loving chance.

I worked BBQ in KC, one of the busiest joints in town. The go-to fatboy plate is the judge's: three meats (we offer six) and two sides. Thing is though you can just add extra portions of whatever. Will never forget the couple I had, weightlifter and his girlfriend, where the guy cackled upon hearing this and the girl just buried her face in her hands. Dude polished off a half rack of ribs, a sausage link, and 4 oz each of brisket, chicken, burnt ends and pulled pork plus fries and beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I suspect the current court would also overturn the tobacco ban as well

I remember a tweet a few years ago saying we really got that smoking ban in under the wire or you'd have chuds walking around blasting Marlboro Reds in nonbinary kids' faces to be anti-woke