Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Trin Tragula posted:

Or cars?

Or antiques.

Mind you, there seems to be quite a lot of competitive antiques-shows nowadays, so what about a competitive videogame show? Perhaps we could get some loveable curmudgeon to be the ajudicator, a "Games Master", if you will.:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Captain Mediocre posted:

His persona is clearly exaggerated for comic effect. Da big daaaaaawg.

Nothing about his time presenting Pimp My Ride UK was comic, however, except in the tragic sense.

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I don't like music but I find Radio 4 too stuffy and I'm not that into sport. What radio stations are there for me??

Buy an mp3 player, buy a shedload of audiobooks/subscribe to podcasts, roll your own radio. It's just the shame the Bugle has finished, really.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Another 4oD recommendation: Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Nonononono. Get this one on DVD. Watch it once straight, once with commentaries.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Flipswitch posted:

Just got round to watching Question Time, and Christ is Ann Leslie difficult to listen to.

On a related note, I caught the end of Any Questions getting into my car, just in time to hear Ann Widdicombe vomit up an amazing little dollop of internalised mysogyny. You'd think after her finally airing her mental dirty laundry on the I2 debate, she'd not be invited back to anything at the beeb, but...
Kind of sad to see that level of cognitive dissonance so obviously on display, but given who she spends her time associating with, I suppose it's to be expected.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Mickolution posted:

You seem to be confusing what you like with what the BBC are supposed to do.

The BBC do have some sort of duty or other to put out programming that wouldn't be viable on advertising-driven stations.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Kin posted:

For as long as I can remember ITV has always been mediocre.

Behold, the shameful, craven words of someone who never watched Knightmare!

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Kin posted:

Why can't we have a great Mechanic-off? 20 contestants battle eachother to see who can build/repair various vehicles and vehicle parts the best.

Each week the vehicles get more varied and interesting until a champion is crowned.

I'd rather watch and learn about building/repairing cars than some shite cake-off.

This is from a week ago, but Jesus Christ, someone needs to give Tim Hunkin a shedload of cash to update the Secret Life of Machines.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

GordonTheDeadFish posted:

Has anyone else been having problems with iPlayer desktop? So often recently all the programs in my library disappear. I read elsewhere that this is caused by dodgy downloads, and removing some files from my repository brings the others back, but I haven't been able to actually view anything in a while.

An update to Air buggered it. help and stuff here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

VogeGandire posted:

As a wrestling fanboy, I enjoyed the gently caress out of the BBC4 documentary on British wrestling.

Plus Christopher Eccleston has one of those voices that I could listen to for days.

EA-SY EA-SY EA-SY

I like me a good freakshow.

TO 4OD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9al-mpqXjc