Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Tea-san posted:

Well it's not really a beard, I just hadn't shaved

Edit: Huh! My avatar has changed. I've had the same one since I joined SA, I think!

Don't talk it down, it was a pretty good beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

karmicknight posted:

But the Rocks and stones are powerful teeth of his..

Read that chapter again (obviously) and now I'm wondering who's body renard stole. That seems like the sort of thing that would be important.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I always kind of assumed Anthony threw himself into his work because his wife died and he's emotionally repressed so doesn't know how to deal with it. It also explains why he's avoiding things which remind him of Surma, including his friends and even his own daughter.

I mean it's not nice but people are hosed up and do lovely things when they are grieving.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

TOAST7312 posted:

I'm no expert on accents, and that the characters as supposed to be 'English', but for some reason the voice feels wrong to me. Perhaps it's because it represents a younger Annie, but it feels like there's more emotion behind her voice than there should be. That and, to me, it almost sounds Irish.

Hey welcome to Britain, we have hosed up accents, especially those who are unfortunate enough to be in Yorkshire.

That said I always kind of imagined that Annie had one of those non-accents. But that might be because I don't have much of an accent and was projecting.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The Walker posted:

I'd say it may be a good time to find a new place to live. That's some scary stuff.

It's probably because of all the sabre rattling over the Falklands. Gunnerkrigg Court is a British product after all. I imagine most readers of this thread would have similar problems importing books from Iran.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

Zimmy talks a little like the fairies.

No Zimmy is a brummie and the elves all speak estuary like the oiks they are.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

You're all wrong. Antimony's a teenager nearing adulthood, remember? Kamlen is masculine and sensual. Ms. Jones is androgynous and wears sensible shoes. This is a metaphor for Antimony's sexual indecision.

Should she be more like Bill Clinton, or more like Hilary Clinton. The question all girls have to ask themselves at some point.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

kirrus posted:

Does anyone know if Tom is going to MCM Manchester?

Good question, I think everyone I like should come to Manchester, because traipsing over to Leeds for thought bubble is a pain in the butt.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

My first though was "Oh so Kat's the Shrike now."

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Why is Eglamore talking about the court in the third person? I would have though as their Dragon Slayer and PE teacher he would have had some say in these things.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Rasamune posted:

I sincerely, earnestly hope that after the collapse of civilization, there are tribes on the North American continent passing down the oral tradition of Bugs Bunny stories.

Anthropologist all positing that Elmer Fudd and Wile E Coyote are both the same meta-character representing the god of bad hunting decisions.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

Kat is going to be the big bad at the end. Or possibly there will be a war and she will be a hovercopter pilot and go down off screen after a dramatic falling out.

Her hovercopter was shot down over the annan waters... it spun in... there were no survivors.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, the last panel was years ago, so several years ago could imply 15-20 or so.

I would say several means less that 15.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If Annie is descended from Fire Elementals, why can't Jones be descended from Earth Elementals?

When you think about the practicalities this seems a lot more reasonable.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Would that explain things? I don't know much about Welshness except that Welsh Scrabble would be insane.

Unlike the English who are born normally we Welsh are mined out of ancient dragon nests. That's why we hate Thatcher so much for closing down the mines.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

ymgve posted:

While the art is gorgeous, I feel this chapter is dragging on a bit. Yes, we get it, Jones doesn't age. Now, get to the start of it all.

Yeah I'm kind of feeling that every time period needing to be a new page is dragging this out a lot more than it needs to.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Rome didn't have that many stone/marble buildings when it burnt down :colbert:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Jones is Meresankh III?

Well, she certainly loves life too much to give it up. ("Meresankh" means "she loves life" according to Wikipedia.)

Man there is some serious boob groping happening in that statue.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

In the beginning was Jones, and Jones was with God, and Jones was God, and through Jones all things were made.

e: basically I am saying Jones is Jesus.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

drat I guess that ends my run as the only person on earth with a copy of volume 2.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

Clearly the letter is from Kat's old boyfriend. It's hard to write without hands, but with a computer he can at least use the hunt-and-peck method.

That dude is never coming back, we were specifically told she would never hear from him again.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Tom doesn't look like either of those people though.

From what I remember he actually looks sort of like a less chubby Guy Garvey.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

I think all these pictures were taken in good ol' Brummagem. That "Livery Subway" at least here's another view of it. I can't be certain for the two landscape scenes, but they certainly look like the West Midlands. Same for the city shot.

Well he lives in Birmingham so it all adds up.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Conot posted:

I prefer Mort's old comic. Not because of the joke, but because of the subtle nod to his origins.

The cursive script he uses is one that a English schoolboy in the early 1900s would have been taught, say at about the age of 16 or so

Doesn't everyone learn how to write like that? Speaking as a 24 year old British person.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah it's how I was taught to write. I then had to unlearn it because my penmanship is atrocious and un-joined-up writing is the only way anyone can read my handwriting

Yeah I mostly write in print now (unless I'm just scribbling notes for myself) but I wrote joined-up through the whole of school.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yet another unknown difference between us and the yanks revealed.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Forgall posted:

I guess that's what a pigeon looks like when seen from another dimension where her brain resides.

I guessed it was an etheric pigeon.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Brightman posted:

It's a cat's eye. Spaghetti marbles have more swirls and randomness. Still, cat's eyes are also stupidly common.

That's clearly a toothpaste :colbert:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Red Bones posted:

How old are they now? Jack never struck me as being old enough for patchy, terrible facial hair yet.

I think they're at the end of year 9 so they should be 14?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

For all you non Spanish speakers she just said "let off some steam Bennett."

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Tollymain posted:

so is achewater like, super alcohol for the elf people or is it just regular alcohol and annie just got wrecked because she had no idea what her tolerance is

http://www.achewood.com/about.php

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Because zimmy started looking like annie in the ether do you think he thinks she broke his arm and thats why he's so pissed off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yes I'm definitely hearing the voice of a man who could read the shipping forecast.