Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

take three tablets posted:

The latter. I don't mind dialogue; it's the repetition that gets to me.

Also, I played Golden Sun as a teenager. I won't be falling for that.
Sword of Mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Levantine posted:

I think Golden Sun was pretty amazing for the time it came out and the platform it was on and I enjoyed the everloving poo poo out of it, with the caveat that I don't think I could go back and play it today.
Golden Sun is very much a game that's defined by the platform and era. Being a first-year GBA title it, along with The Lost Age, were arguably the best RPGs on the GBA until Square finally caved and brought over the Tose FF remakes.

Across the entire GBA library, something like Final Fantasy VI is a much stronger title. But given that, FFVI was a very late release, the Golden Suns were pretty good during the GBAs actual run.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Between the recent Retronauts episode on Xenogears (Patreon exclusive though) and the Kotaku feature on The History Of Monolith Soft I think I have a better understanding on what the hell is going on with Xenoblade. A bit better, anyways.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Ace Transmuter posted:

I'll pick up the Remaster on Switch eventually, excited to give it another go.
It's the only Square Enix title that has never gone of sale, which is really odd considering how all their other titles do after some time.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Tae posted:

They just announced the Octopath Engine remake for Dragon Quest 3.
Wow, OK, this will get me to play DQIII.

For DQ I & II do you all recommend playing the GBC version or the Switch(/mobile) version? I bought the latter, but I have a GBC flash cart too.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I like playing games to the end of the main story and/or the credits sequence. Sometimes optional content is great if the cost/reward balance is in my favor. I rarely go after super bosses.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Morpheus posted:

Now, let's talk about Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights...
I'm five hours in and it's a great game that more of you should be playing. It's a Metroidvania and not an RPG though.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The Last Remnant has the distinction of being the only Square title on the Switch to have never gone on sale. It's like they forgot about it.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but can anyone explain the KotOR situation to me?

From what I can tell, the version on Steam is (more or less) the original BioWare 2003 release. Aspyr has the publishing rights to it now, but they haven't provided any real updates to the PC version since they were (allegedly) working on a remake, which apparently now has been moved to Saber and will come out TBA.

However, Aspyr was in charge of last year's Switch port of KotOR which has numerous QoL improvements and is the best way to play it at the moment?

Meanwhile, for KotOR II, Aspyr did produce an updated version in 2015 with widescreen support, and this is (more or less) what the recent Switch version is based on? And while the lost content was never officially added, Aspyr has publicly endorsed the Restored Content Mod? And this is what they're bringing to the Switch as free DLC at some point?

Asking because I have KotOR on Switch, and both I and II on Steam, but trying to figure out which of the Switch or Steam Deck is the better way to play each.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

fridge corn posted:

Isn't the dev Canadian? And specifically French Canadian at that?
I'm sure Thierry wrote the script in English first and they probably outsourced all the localizations. It sounds like Thierry is writing a separate Quebecois script expected to be released later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Jealous of the people that get to play Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes right now.
If you're interested in the Switch (US eShop) version I'm selling a backer key in SA Mart.