Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Weird. I got almost 400 hours clocked in (I know... :smithicide:) and I've never seen, or at least noticed, that bug before this reinstall. Though I got a new motherboard and processor now so who knows, maybe a mysterious spirit world hardware thing is involved.

Although, new hardware got rid of the bug where I couldn't play the game at all without the DLL fix from Nexus, so I'll gladly trade that problem for this.

e: Also, come to think of it, it might very well be the DR from Med-X causing it then. Playing with Logan's Loophole and I've been snorting that stuff down like there's no tomorrow.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

SourceElement posted:

EDIT: Here, have a video of this behavior in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1Ch1tUHTU

Yeah this was clearly a good idea for a "project reality" mod that most people download for weather effects and sky textures. Can't wait for next version. People want sky texture mod and suddenly the courier has been fully voiced by uncle Rupert. :allears:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I was thinking of playing New Vegas after a long break and was going through which mods I wanna get. J.E. Sawyer's Overhaul looks really interesting, but had a question regarding it. Now, I don't mind losing a lot of health and such, but does the mod also lower enemy health? Or are they still huge ammo soaking healthballoons while only player gets adjusted down to the endurance level of a wet paper bag?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

scamtank posted:

It owns is what I'm getting at.

Hope so! My view on the hit points might be a bit skewed since I usually play on very hard. That's mostly to slow down exp rate though, which seems to have been looked at on the mod anyway. I just went straight for normal now with the Sawyer mod so it'll probably be fine.

No error messages or crashes from my latest install yet :toot:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Smol posted:

Difficulty level has no effect on XP in New Vegas.

Really? Welp. Dunno where I got the idea it did, must've been some memory remnant from FO3.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

O lawd the Sawyer mod is punishing the little hoarder inside me. All those pretty duct tapes and wonderglues I must leave behind to walk their paths alone in this cruel world :qq:

Loving it though, my inventory has never been this clean.

Got a weird little bug, which I don't really know if it's even related to any mod. If I start the game and try to load my recent saves, it just hangs on loading screen forever. However I can either start a new game or load a save from early game, which load fine, and then load my recent saves without any problems. Maybe its some kind of "too much poo poo to load" error? But only memory intensive mod I use is the NMC medium graphics thing and I'm using the 4 GB mod. No difference if I drop the 4 GB one.

Not that I really care if it's caused by a mod, it's so easy to circumvent that I wouldn't stop using anything because of it. Just wondering what's causing it.

Synnr posted:

Besides the Hardcore mode (which didn't appear to be particularly difficult even after I dumped the canteen/flask into storage), is there any particular mods to make it somewhat more [b]harsh[/]? You know, blasted post-apoc and all that. Or any general mods for play? The OP is mostly broken up by types. If it matters I have the NV pack with the DLC that went up on steam some time ago.

All the things you get from the Courier's Stash DLC also make the early game really trivial. Sawyer mod gives you none of that poo poo, and instead spreads the DLC items into specific places in the wasteland.

Also if you're planning on mods to install, I can recommend NMC texture pack + Project Reality + Vurts plants and trees and whatever mod (dead) combination for the environment. I'm going with those at the moment and they make the game pretty :3:

Fewd fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 21, 2012

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Normal saves. I don't use any mods that would affect mechanics beoynd the usual .esp level besides the 4 GB mod. And no huge overhauls, unless you count Sawyer as one.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

JSawyer 5.1 looks pretty good, I just might get that and restart. I'm not very far at all in that latest playthrough since Borderlands 2 came and did a thing.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I thought JSaywer only added the Pre-order DLC?

It does, I don't think it conflicts with that mod you linked if the description is accurate and it only distributes non-uniques.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I started a new game (again). I was kind of bored with the default hairs and feeling a mighty amount of dread, I entered "hair" into Nexus search box. After carefully navigating around my worst nightmares, I actually came across something usable!

Receding hairline! gently caress yeah! Mostly similar with the default one except this one actually has decent textures instead of the terrible shiny brown. I also got a good couple minutes of laughing and snorting from the fact it's named Midlife Crisis in the game menu. :unsmith:

Just thought to mention it here.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36343

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I threw together a hair pack a while back, and I think this was one of the styles I included. Like the "medium beard", it's a nice compromise between different styles, and most PCs look pretty badass with it. It's cooler than a combover, older than "clean cut". Speaking of which, if you haven't gotten the "medium beard" style, you should do that. And then combine the two, and look amazing.

Heh, searched for medium beard and I'm pretty sure the first picture I clicked had the receding hair mod. And yeah, you're right, it looks awesome.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Arenovalis posted:

Thanks to Naky and MG again, here's another standalone weapon - Mare's Leg:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48241/

I just watched Once Upon a Time in the West yesterday and this looks mighty familiar :haw:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This is why I prefer to emphasize scarcity over lethality when modding Fallout. The game can certainly withstand some cuts to the availability of pretty much everything without seriously impacting gameplay.

While I like the 5-second gunfights, I also want horrible scarcity issues on top of that. Even with the JSawyer mod, supplies are still pretty easy to come by in FNV, especially so considering it's an apocalyptic wasteland that was mostly a desert to begin with. I just noticed yesterday that I'm lugging around 10 weight units worth of normal stimpaks + about 20 super stimpaks. I started tossing the expired ones a long time ago. And I haven't bought a single one.

So yeah, even while JSawyer does reducee their numbers, I still get so much I'm gonna have to start throwing them away. I might be interested in a stand-alone mod that vastly reduces the amount of stuff you find and what merchants have for sale.

Not holding my breath anyone is ever going to make a mod like that stand-alone though, they're usually always part of complete overhauls. And I don't want an overhaul since I'm otherwise happy how my game is at the moment.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know what would cause the idle stance to be so...rigid?

I could be remembering wrong but I think Weapon Animation Replacers mod had different stances on it, even idle ones. Could try reinstalling/installing that. Or it was some other mod. :frog:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cheers! :toot:

The PMT - Reduced World Items module looks like just what I'm looking for. I think it should play nice with JSawyer.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Cirosan posted:

Sorry to report that after taking a closer look at Puce Moose's Reduced World Items, it conflicts with both CCO and JSawyer. The reason it does this is because the author attached the script that makes the disappear-sorcery happen to the base form of all affected ingestibles. Generally, tweaking the base form of something is going to make your mod a compatibility nightmare.

drat. Well, I suppose it wouldn't have impacted my current game anyway. I'm at the point where I got 100k caps extra lying around, so a few stimpaks less on a shelf somwhere isn't making a difference.

Also RE: Stimpaks, noticed that NCR rangers are a pretty big source for them. NCR keeps sending those chums after me and each one drops like 2-4. I looted 14 off the last bunch alone.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I'm currently reinstalling and selecting mods. I can't see EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements in the OP, is it because it's terrible/broken/buggy? :ohdear:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Raygereio posted:

EVE makes eneryg weapons and explosions look really pretty, but it's not the most stable of mods and can lead to increased CTD & freezing issues. Someone who uses the last release may correct me, but as far as I know there haven't been any improvements in terms of stability.
Also EVE adds some dumb poo poo that have nothing to with the premise of the mod like people vomiting when they get hit by a critical hit (which was also broken when it was originally introduced and caused NPCs all over the place to continually vomit).

Ah. Eh, well I don't need blood splurts that badly, gonna skip it.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I saw Tracks the other day and now I need to play a game with desert in it. :cripes:

Gonna give FNV yet another go after I get my mods in order, again. Any goon opinions on Caesar's New Regime and NCR Rearmament? They both seem to be mostly armor mods so I'm thinking they should play ball with the Sawyer overhaul.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

New NPCs or quests doesn't bother me, just trying to keep everything compatible and balanced with Sawyer. That NCR mod you linked does look better than the one I did, thanks.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah, some of the changes are kinda dumb, but overall it doesn't look half bad.

And drat that ghoul race :stare:

I'm not even out of Goodsprings in my new game but FCO was one of the mods I got and I'm pretty impressed with it. It tends to have more problems with neck seams than vanilla but the faces are drat good. And yes, that ghoul race :stare:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

My biggest annoyance were those two pre-requisite body mods. Installing them was a very :nexus: experience. At least there were underwear options.

e: woah :nexus: has its own smiley now, lacks floppy dongs tho

e2: derp, it was Spice of Life I was thinking of regarding body mods, not FCO. Still, FCO is pretty great. Spice of Life is good too. Very nice looking outfits and they aren't balanced in a retarded way, aka here's a cotton shirt that gives you 20 DT.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 6, 2014

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Outside Bets.

I don't normally add mods to a game in progress because I don't want to melt down the game, but made an exception for this. It is a good mod.

It does great job at adding more life into the towns and even some fresh dialogue lines for the npcs. I did a quick stroll around the places some people on :nexus: claimed to be buggy but didn't see anything out of ordinary. Also, this seems to work nice with Spice of Life because the extra npcs had SoL outfits and such.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Roobanguy posted:

Just to clarify, the mod requires custom body mods to work properly. You don't need them but some of clothing options that have exposed skin will have wonky textures there. I think that's a decent trade off to not have mods that make it so all dudes have giant dongs.

The body mods do have underwear options, you know.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

The Colonel posted:

I remember hearing people say that even with the underwear options enabled, Legion soldiers and White Legs all run around with their dongs out. Somebody even posted screenshots once after they spent a ton of time trying to get one of the non-nude female body replacers to work so they could use Spice of Life in the first place.

:nexus:

Thankfully I use Breeze and haven't been molested by dongs. Though my Legion is modded and haven't met White Legs yet. I could see myself living a full life without seeing White Legs cocks so hopefully it's just Roberts' models that are bad.

Speaking of Legion, that Caesar's New Regime mod is pretty good. The new armors look great, big improvement from the vanilla footballskirts or whatever you'd call them.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Anyone know a mod or just some gameplay way to fix the bug where neither NCR or Legion no longer send assassins or rangers after you no matter how bad your reputation is? I think they stopped coming after the plot related negative reputation reset. I've fixed my reputation back to the pre-reset vilified levels but still can't get anyone to send assholes after me :(

Guessing the reset is breaking some script somewhere but I can't even find anything related in geck.

e: Found it, VFactionSquadMasterScript. Now to make sense of it.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 27, 2014