Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm planning to unmod my game(first playthrough), and I need to know if this will affect it negatively in any way, also can I just leave the mods in the data folder for later use or do I need to delete/uninstall them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chronojam posted:

Hate that song :hfive: If you ever find a good way, do let me know immediately. Maybe it's fit for an 'irrational hate' thread but I switch stations the moment I even hear it announced, or the intro melody.

Would it be possible to make a radio mod like CONELRAD or Existence? It would just the vanilla stations, except every reference of Johnny Guitar is removed, the only problem that I can see is that it would conflict with Extended New Vegas Generator.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brace posted:

Also on top of my question posted a few posts up, what's the better Weapon Mod mod, WMX or WME?

The thread consensus is that they are basically the same thing with some variations, so I would recommend choosing the one that is most compatible with whatever mods you are using.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Is ED-E the Vic Viper? Do the options also shoot lasers?

As much as I wish it was, it's not. :sigh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fat_Cow posted:

I Installed the MMM successor the other day but I see no changes in monster spawns?

The cells need to reset first, he recommends before installing it that you find an empty house(like Victor's) and wait three days.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cortex posted:

Well drat, I've been playing up to Novac, I got Boone with me, and I went into the REPCON test site, helped the Ghouls get the basement back, and now i got to help them get the parts for the rocket, and until now, my game has run fine, but now EVERYTIME i leave the basement ladder to outside, or from inside the building to outside, my game crashes! The game has ran fine until then, so i don't know what would cause it, here's my addon list if maybe it'll get me some answers on why It's decided to just crash everytime i leave :/

FalloutNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CFWNV.esm
MoMod.esm
Mo'.esm
Caliber.esm
Active Wasteland.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
The.Armory.esm
Military NV Backpacks.esm
NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_WastelandEditon.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
OFT_Base.esp
OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Weapons.esp
IWS-MoMod.esp
NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Classic FO SM_v1.2.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Continue After End.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
The.Armory.Realism.Setting.esp
The.Armory.Realism.WPTweak.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
31 New Food Items.esp
Active Wasteland - Vanilla Replacements.esp
Active Wasteland - Coffee Maker.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
ManualReload.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
Unique Items & Collectables.esp
Collectable NES Games Bonus Pack.esp
Vinyl Collection Bonus Pack.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
better that gun 223.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration_SoundRestoration.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
that gun holdout.esp
DragonskinTacticalOutfit.esp
DragonskinNCRPersonnelWearingOutfits.esp
DragonskinBonusPack.esp
Military NV Backpacks - BumBagUseSlot1.esp
Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
Immersive Karma with NoStealingKarma.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
Destructibles.esp
noautoaim.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
dD-Smaller Wounds.esp
dD-Reduced Ragdoll Force.esp
dD-Screen Blood Vanilla.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
HighGrass.esp
PipLantern.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
UnderwaterFX.esp
Active Wasteland - Goggle Tints.esp
FNVIcons.esp
The.Armory.CaliberX.esp
IHATECAZADORES.esp

Total active plugins: 77
Total plugins: 77

I know you solved your problem, but you only need one Simple Street Lights active, same thing for a better that gun. Also I'm not sure about El Ray Motel and West Vegas Fringe, but I do know that NVInteriors does add interiors to Cottonwood Cove so there's going to be a conflict there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Naky posted:

Molerat Boobs was deleted for suspected vote dogpiling with the FOTM and yet somehow this doesn't qualify despite people auto-voting only because GOD BLESS 'MERICA!!!! and those votes are somehow different I guess.

Well they can't take it down otherwise that would be :911:UNPATRIOTIC.:911:

Also:

quote:

Don't forget to leave positive comments and endorse. Vote for Septembers file of the month to show the tribute for this month! A special edition version will be released on the ten year anniversary 9/11/11.

Can't wait. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That 9-11 mod has to be a troll. Look at the author's name: agoon69.

That doesn't change the fact that the comment section is absolutely hilarious, granted half of them are probably trolls, but still look at this!

Also have a bonus Nexus.png, courtesy of one of those Type 3 body replacer mods:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not trying to defend the guy, but this isn't the first time he brought up the shojo mod up why didn't you mock him then?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chronojam posted:

My eyes look for specific things in load order postings; that is not one of them.

JackMackerel posted:

in b4 getting yelled at for shojo race

:colbert: Then again I didn't call him out on it when he posted that either, so my post comes off hypocritical. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bunky posted:

So I searched the thread and Nexus, but I didn't see what I'm looking for. Is there a mod that removes the annoying voice from the X13 armor? I'm so sick of that voice talking to me while I'm trying to sneak around.

Here you go, but keep in mind I haven't used it, so I have no idea if it works as intended.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm on my phone so I can't conveniently link it, but Pipboy Readius owns bones.

E: brackets on literally the last page of alt characters :negative:

If you plan on using this I would also recommend this Re-Texture, it also comes with an option to keep the original Pipboy sounds, and also the Pipboy Lantern Replacer.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That being said, I've got my evil eye on the Legion Power armor, next. :ssh:

Looking forward to it. :allears:

Will you be taking suggestions on what to add?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's a few suggestions:

The Duster from the Lonesome Road concept art

The Man With No Name Ensemble

The Colossus Power Armor that was linked to earlier

A different gunslinger outfit

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One more suggestion Cream-of-Plenty, any chance you can add The Legendary Hunter Pack from the OP into LPAM? Also according to the comments there are a few bugs that need working out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm okay with anything, as long as you can make the station play music the whole time and not stop after about 5-7 songs.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

To anyone that uses Pipboy Readius, have any of you tried this, it's supposed to fix most of the problems with the Readius or at least make them less frequent.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doomsayer posted:

Kind of a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of Signature Weapons 2.22? 2.23 removes the clip size increase from "bottomless". I get why Strudel Man changed it (if you go over a clip size of 255, it rolls back around), but dammit, I want a .357 with 50 rounds crammed in a 6-round cylinder :colbert:

Hope a dropbox link is acceptable:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33803873/Signature_Weapons_2-22-43557-2-22.zip

Also does anyone know what happened to Simple Street Lights? The link leads to a site error and I couldn't find either file on Nexus, regardless I downloaded an updated version before it disappeared, so if you need an alternative to Electro-City here you go:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33803873/SSL2-44669-2-0.rar

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gyoru posted:

Pretty sure that's an old version. Here's a FOMOD of Simple Street Lights v1.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?dyhzeqbu4biv2bd

The modder updated it to v2.0 before it vanished.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33803873/SSL2-44669-2-0.rar

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pretentious Turtle posted:

I'm apparently too stupid to use FOMM, because I can't get this mod installed right. I'm trying to get ADAM installed, and the directions included in the readme aren't making much sense.
The process I'm going through to install it is:
Go to package manager
Select Add FOMOD
Extracting the file to the FONV Data folder
Activating mod

Is it not working because it's a .rar file I'm working with instead of 7zip? It's adding the .esps to the Data folder. Is the problem that the .esp files are inside their own folders and should be just straight into the Data folder without their own folders?

ADAM doesn't use a FOMOD script and the way it's packaged means you are going to have to install it manually.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Red Mundus posted:

I'm looking for a mod that allows me to blow open locks with explosives. I remember Project Nevada had this feature but I'm using Ropekid's mod and don't want PN to conflict. What's a good alternative?

Looking around nexus, I found this:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38653

But two things:
1) You'll need to go here and download this:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38649

2) I can't comment on the quality since I just use Project Nevada.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Omnides posted:

Does anyone knows if Project Nevada or FOOK interferes with GRA? I have both installed and the GRA weapons spotted appearing in the vendors selection.

Everything should be fine if you install the appropriate patches, that is what the optional files download is for FOOK, and PN's can be downloaded here:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42363

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Edit: Ignore. Bad link.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 21, 2012

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

misterdoo01 posted:

Wait, why is World of Pain suddenly poo poo? Honest question, I haven't used it in awhile, but I remember it being pretty good.

It added too much unnecessary stuff and became too bloated. I'm not the kind of guy that will go on about "MY IMMERSION:qq:" but even I found it stupid that there was NCR troops in Goodspring, it didn't help that they were "Special Forces." It's the same reason why people hate EVE or Electrocity, I just want a mod that will do one thing, if they want to add extra stuff, fine, but at least let me turn it off.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

xanthan posted:

Don't we need an ESP or something?

Nope, Extended New Vegas Radio Generator in the OP has the ESPs you need.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Beaumont posted:

Wait, how did you get the Mod Configuration Menu to play nice with all those mods? Trying to update MCM with Project Nevada just shits up my version of MCM and leaves Project Nevada unplayable.

Have you tried using this?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38961

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

bunnielab posted:

Which one?

Just follow these instructions:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Help! My mouse feels like poo poo!
To Remove Mouse Acceleration:
Open FALLOUT.ini (located in Documents / My Games / FalloutNV) and under the [controls] section add:
fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Hair posted:

I think that finishs off my modlist, then. Enjoying the playthrough so far. Only thing I kinda wish for is a re-fill bottle mod like FO3 had, but from what I've seen/read its pretty much impossible to do.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34840

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can I get a few more impressions for TTW? Fallout 3 keeps crashing on startup no matter what I do and it seems like my only option is TTW if I want to explore DC again.

I just want to know about general stability, any weirdness, major bugs, and if I'm going to be dealing with any problems when I throw more mods on top of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you both!

Also I tried everything and Fallout 3 just didn't want to start, until I made that post. I don't know what I did different but before I did the installation process for TTW I gave 3 another try and it started up no problem, granted I did quit after the title screen popped up, but still weird.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

nekoxid posted:

Nope, I forgot about that part. Thanks!

Another question: This is the first time I'm playing with the J.E. Sawyer Overhaul, but also I'd like to try out the Tale of Two Wastelands mod (I never really got into F3, but I'd like to give it a try this way). Anyone can tell if using these two mods together is okay?
(The other mods I'm using right now are CASM and R.A.C.E. but I'm sure those are okay.)

Yeah, I can't link anything due to phone posting, but check the TTW mod forums and look for the compatibility patch thread it's stickied so you can't miss it and I think you'll need to search the thread, but it's a small thread.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Going past 100 plugins is when the game starts acting weird because of too many plugins, right?

Also has Cliff Briscoe always been a terrible caravan player with a load of cash or did one of the mods I'm using do that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Antistar01 posted:

I got the collector's edition of the game, and one of the things it came with is a deck of cards with characters from the game on them, along with an extra card that explains the rules of Caravan. Being able to refer to that while playing helped a lot, though it still took a little bit before it suddenly clicked.

It is good for getting money early on (for example by buying something and then winning your money back), but holy balls the interface is terrible; you can't use the mouse for it.

It's even worse when the game doesn't tell you this, at first I thought my game was busted, but it turns out the only way chose a card is with the directional keys.

Also got to the point ED-E's quests where you have to choose between BoS and FoA and for some reason someone decided to redo Lorenzo's line except they are poorly implemented so the first few lines are spoken with his original voice and all of sudden his voice changes for the last line to some Spanish sounding dude.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

King Vidiot posted:

I laughed my rear end off when that happened. I started getting flashbacks to Oblivion, it was like Obsidian was struck with the Bethesda Curse.

Wait this was a problem in vanilla New Vegas? It sounded so low quality I thought a modder felt like we weren't getting the full experience from someone named Lorenzo and wanted to fix it.

I wouldn't mind a Lorenzo voice change actually it would fix the problem of everybody except like two people in the Brother of Steel being voiced by the same guy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Using the survivalist bunker mod in the OP and I don't like location, how hard would it be for someone who has never used GECK to move it somewhere else?

edit: is the guide in the OP enough?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah it's in the vanilla game. I thought the same thing myself but I looked it up, it's just part of the game.

What I want to know is if this occasional thing I get where an NPC will say "Whatever" with no dialog is part of the game or a mod. I'm pretty sure it's a mod because I don't remember it happening on any previous playthrough, I just don't know what mod it is. Tale of Two Wastelands seems the likely culprit but I could be mistaken, it's one of the few new mods I'm using that I didn't before.

Same here, came to the same conclusion also because I also had unvoiced dialogue of people giving me poo poo for moving their stuff or just looking at a locked door in Mojave which is probably a consequence of getting 3 to work with New Vegas.

Hobo on Fire posted:

Not hard at all.

Technically, all you would need to do is one of the following:

A) Move the exterior door (the one you would use to enter into the bunker) to your new location. You just find said door in the worldspace and drag it and it's teleport marker (the yellow box) to the new spot. Easy if you only want to move it a short distance, but a pain if you want your bunker in another part of the map entirely.

B) Place a new door in your desired location and edit the interior door (the one you would use to leave the bunker) to teleport to the new door instead of the old entrance. You'll need to have already placed the new door, and know what cell it's located in so you can find it in the menu. If you plan on putting the bunker out in the middle of nowhere (i.e. somewhere with no other doors around) you'll just need to remember the name of the cell if it has one, or it's coordinates if it doesn't.

Obviously you would want to add some static objects to the worldspace around your new entrance so it looks like there is a bunker there, and probably get rid of the bunker mound at the original location, but that's purely cosmetic. You won't have to gently caress around with the bunker interior other than possibly editing the door.

How much pain are we talking about with A? I want it on the complete opposite side of the map probably somewhere near the cave where you start Honest Heart.

Regardless both methods sound easy enough, thank you for your help.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Oh poo poo, that's who I was thinking of who plays all of those goddamned Jacks, not Briscoe.

It's actually No-Bark just got done playing a few games against him half of which I lost because that dude just loves using Jacks and sometimes Kings. gently caress Kings.

Also Cliff doesn't want to play Caravan with me anymore :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

People using RobCo Certified, is there somewhere I can get all the recipes for the junkbots? I would like to be able to do it in the field rather than trying to whack a fire hydrant, having the game tell me im lacking "certain components", having to go back to Cerulean Robotics every time and checking the recipe that way.

There's a robot you can make I think it's called a recursorbot which acts like the Cerulean Robotics machine and lets you make robots anywhere, but that takes up robot points and weighs 90lb when not in use. You can also try making a separate plugin or editing one of Robco's esp files so that you get a note that is just a copy/paste of the Junkbot readme.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm enjoying Tale Of Two Wastelands but annoyingly their forums are really vague on how to install or create FNV editions of certain Fallout 3 modules.

It's really simple as long as the mod is(doesn't use FOSE), but you'll need FNVEdit
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/sites/default/files/chucksteel/ttw_mod_conversion_guide_v1.2_0.pdf

Quick guide
-Get the conversion pack for FNVedit here: https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/fnv-edit-series-converting-fo3-mods
-Install it in your Edit Script folder
-Install the FO3 mod you want use doesn't matter how you install it just make sure it's installed properly.
-Open up FNVEdit select the mod you want to convert plus TTW and it's masters(both main games and their DLC except for the Courier's Stash pre-order stuff)
-After FNVEdit says it's finished it's startup right click on the FO3 mod and click Add Masters add everything TTW, NV, FO3, and their respective DLC
-Next click Sort Masters then expand the FO3 mod and check it's File Header and make sure it matches with TTW(It usually does, but it's nice to be sure.)
-Exit FNVEdit, save changes, and open it back up.
-Find the mod right-click and click Apply Script
-Click on the drop down menu and find TTW Conversion Script and click ok
-Wait for the Script to finish, save changes, and you're done!

You can also check for errors and make the mod consistent to whatever is in front of it, that's not in the guide I linked so I don't know if it's required, but I like to do it just to be safe.

Also you can convert mods that use FOSE it's just I have no idea how to do it and I can't find any guides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Yeah, I unloaded 300+ rounds from a light machine gun into some super mutant and ended up having to slowly whittle him down with a Chinese officer's sword to kill him. Thanks, TTW.

Also anybody know a good alternative to fast travel for TTW? I'll be damned if I'm gonna go through 8 subways to drop my stuff off at megaton.

vvv :bahgawd: vvv

What about this? It's a TTW compatible Mobile Truck Base from the OP.
https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/mobile-truck-base-travel-between-wastes#new

It requires Sortomatic and the load time fix update but the truck can now travel between both wastelands and the modder just updated it so you can find a map in the glovebox that allows you to travel to the Mojave and does the "Nine Years Later" thing letting you bypass the train, don't know if that will break things though.

If you decide to download it, you'll be interested in this because the truck is loud, really loud.