Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Project Reality was good but gave me some annoying performance issues. I also think the New Vegas version is kind of outdated, since he moved on to Fallout 3 and then Skyrim. If you want something along the lines of Nevada Skies, you should give a try to URWLNV from the OP, it's got a lot of swell-looking sky boxes and the lighting isn't half-bad either.

This is a bit late, but Project Reality does have a pretty weird problem with performance. The weird part of it is that framerates in exteriors will drop and drop over time, but then you can instantly fix it by toggling the fx settings or whatever (heat shimmer, subtle dof, etc) in its MCM menu on then off again. (The other way around may work too - I dunno; I always have them off.)

Something not right with the scripting there I think; it's almost like a memory leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I haven't heard of that kind of VATS problem before I'm afraid, but that load order looks fine to me.

Just to build on what you've got there already; you've got WMX but none of the add-on patches for it and DLC and whatnot. You can use WMX and the DLC stuff without those patches, but then you won't have new weapon mods for the DLC weapons, of course. Anyway, those are on the WMX Nexus page. I am actually updating a bunch of WMX stuff sometime soon though (next few days, maybe), so... keep an eye out for that, I guess.

Also, there's a support patch for PN and WMX on PN's patches page. Again you don't have to use it, but it should make things a bit smoother, give you more stuff, etc.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Cool, didn't know you were a goon, Antistar.

Well, a fairly newgoon. :v:

I used to lurk in this thread a while back (plus in the LP sub-forum). Only got around to registering recently. I ended up doing some more FNV modding lately (been busy with Skyrim, and I will be going back to that), and remembered this thread.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Ddraig posted:

So I decided to try Beyond Boulder Dome and :catstare:

They obviously put a lot of effort into it, but it's the details that kill it for me. The most threatening enemy I've encountered have been mutant cannibals. I guess they're supposed to be intimidating, as I found a Shack Town where the entire population were eaten by them, and this one old duffer wants you to look and make sure his friend is OK (surprise surprise he's dead and a cannibal is eating him)

They just look and sound so loving goofy. I'm guessing they're supposed to be new enemies but they just look like tunnelers that have had virtually all intimidating characteristics removed and given a cartoon voice. I also encountered a mutant cat that looked like it had been ripped straight from Stalker, but with terrible textures.

The "coolest" thing I found was the jury-rigged recon ghouls because those do look rather neat, even though it's largely thanks to the textures I'm using for ghouls.

Plus it has the most absurdly racist Chinese accents, even for Fallout standards.

I tried it out just recently too, and I think I agree with everything you said there. That bit with the Chinese ghouls at the start is a bit weird; that whole prologue section doesn't really need to be there, and makes very little sense (even in the often sort-of-goofy Fallout universe).

The mod does improve as it goes on, though. More interesting characters and environments, better art, etc.

There were still some rough spots, like a bit where you need to kill everything in an area to progress, but the area is a samey maze and it's easy to miss a group of enemies in a random cul-de-sac. There was also a part where I had to kill a particular NPC and take something from them, but I had already killed them earlier and ended up having to use the console to resurrect them then kill them again, to get the item to spawn and the quest to progress properly. It also felt a bit rocks fall, everyone dies towards the end.

Overall I was impressed, though. It would have been a gargantuan amount of work, and it really does feel similar to the official story DLC packs in terms of volume of content.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Psion posted:

haha if I wish it was easy. Nifskope is loving nuts

People swear to me you can figure it out eventually but they lie.

I think it sort of depends on what you want to do. I've been using Nifskope for a long time now; some things are easy, and other things... yeah I dunno either.

When working with anything rigged to the skeleton (I.e. armour), you really want to be using 3dsmax/Blender/whatever and just exporting as a nif, ideally.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Probably just use FOMM, yeah. I have had some trouble with NMM, but not as much as you, by the sound of it. I've only had one mod that NMM completely choked on (Pelinor's Selective Fire, from memory). Certain others with scripted installers also made it crash on the first attempt, but then starting NMM back up and trying again worked.

Never had any problems with installing standard, no-FOMOD-scripting mods though.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, I was going to suggest PPA too; it's pretty great.

The King of Swag posted:

Does anyone know exactly how label/goto work in scripts, and are there any common pitfalls in nvse/vanilla that I need to know about? Because I've spent half the day fighting with lists of containers, and it turns out that my issues were that label/goto aren't confined to the script they're in, they're global. If you call goto 10 in one script and another is running that uses label 10, then the execution of the script with the goto will jump into the other script. Now I don't know if they're truly global, because I've only encountered (and been able to replicate) the problem in scripts that call each other.

Keeping in mind that I hate scripting and haven't used the NVSE label and goto stuff (I don't think), could you just use different numbering schemes in these conflicting scripts? As in use 10, 20, 30, etc in one, but 15, 25, 35, or whatever in another?

Just as a quick and dirty workaround.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Krowley posted:

So is the Battle Rifle scope (from WMX, I think) supposed to be fitted like this?

I'm not gun expert but it doesn't seem right to me ...

EDIT: Hah, nevermind. I shot a few rounds into Novacers and it immediately became obvious why it's like that :v:

The King of Swag posted:

As an actual gun person, I just want to weigh in and say that with modern optics, you'd be much better served mounting a long-eye-relief optic in front of the receiver instead of above it, because as you found out, the enbloc clip ejects out the top of the receiver when empty. That said, the old-school way of mounting an optic on a Garand was that you didn't, but if you really wanted to, you'd have a side-mount, which is exactly what you see used there.

Yeah, I based it on the sniper variants. (Well, I say "I", but the scope was from a resource that I tweaked.)

I tried to base things on real-world variants and mods as much as possible in WMX.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Sorry for the double post, but what is causing this to happen to the 357 texture/mesh here?

I'm running WRP, this WRP GRA unofficial patch, WeaponModsExpanded.esp, WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp, WMX-POPMerged.esp, and WMX-DLCMerged.esp. Those are the only mods I have that affect weapons. I've also got Fallout 3 Weapon Restoration + the WMX patch for that.

I'm also making a bashed and merged patch (removing the leveled lists and items/npcs from the merged patch) so I'm not sure if that is causing it too.

The Colonel posted:

I'd like to chime in and say that I get this issue, too. Mostly same set of mods, but I'm not using the WRP GRA Unofficial patch, because I heard that jsawyer gets rid of the GRA versions of the standard weapons, so I don't know if I need that or not. I'm also not using F3WR. I'm using Project Nevada, too. Creating a merged patch doesn't seem to have fixed it.

It's not a huge issue, since I mostly use other revolvers, but I'd prefer for the .357 to not look like poo poo.

FauxGateau posted:

The reason for this is because the arenovalis patch for wmx is hosed up and doesn't work with the 357 revolver for some reason. I got the same issue when I installed it as well.

This catches a lot of people out, and that's not actually the reason. The WMX-WRP patch covers all of Millenia's retexes, but the WRP package itself hasn't yet been updated to actually include all those retexes. Notably, it's missing the .357 Revolver retex. (And a couple of others, but I think most people notice the .357 first.) Here's an excerpt from the WMX-WRP installation instructions:

quote:

- First install WMX and all add-ons (WMX-DLC, WMX-EVE, etc) you want to use. (Unless its readme specifically tells you to install it after WMX-WRP.) Ensure you have the latest versions of all these packages. Go update if you need to.

- At the time of writing, you'll need to install *all* these retex packages by Millenia:
--- WRP v1.95 (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38285)
--- .357 Revolver Re-Retextured v1.2 (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47714)
--- 12.7mm SMG v1.0 (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38285 OR http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47057)
--- Single Shotgun Re-Retexture v1.0 (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48049)

- 357retex.esp and singleshot_retex.esp should be deactivated and removed; their changes have been rolled into WMX-ArenovalisTextures. If they're loaded at the same time as WMX-ArenovalisTextures, they may cause problems (depending on the plugin in question).

Oh, also; as of the recent update to WMX-WRP, you won't need that WRP-GRA unofficial patch. WMX-WRP now does the same sort of thing (though a little different since it accounts for WMX weapon mods too, of course). Using them at the same time may cause problems too, depending on load order.

On the Lombard station stuff; the weapon walls reminded me that something I'd love to see in FNV is weapon racks similar to those in Skyrim; able to accept any weapon, rather than it being hard-coded that 'this slot is for this specific weapon'. Probably ridiculously difficult, but it would be great.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Dude, awesome, thank you.

No problem - and it's cool to see a picture of the problem solved. Often when I help people out, the only indication I get that the problem is (possibly) solved is that they stop complaining that things are broken.

Kumaton posted:

So I got 3 questions;
I've got Mod Organizer all set up for Skyrim but I have no idea how to set it up for New Vegas. How would I go about doing this?
How do I fix the hosed up textures when using Aeronovalis' weapon textures and WMX?
Is the WMX-WME Merged Patch any good,and does it support Aeronovalis?

1) Dunno, I don't use it.

2) Grab the WMX-WRP patch from the WMX Nexus page.

3) There's a WMX-WME merge? How would that even work?

Edit: Beaten, sort of. I should refresh more often.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

I've got another (I think) problem with Textures and WMX:

I'm sure this is also a case of me not RTFMing the two mods.

e: Oddly enough, that was caused by YUP. Hiding the Hunting Rifle meshes for YUP in MO did the trick.

Yeah, WMX doesn't edit the Hunting Rifle; it already had the max of three weapon mods. That's sort of strange though; I also use WMX, WRP and YUP together but I don't have that problem.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Castomira posted:

Weird texture fuckery in my TTW game:

The top sniper rifle is the Reservist's Rifle with a TTWized version of UWWUT, and the bottom is the Tiger Siberian from a TTWized An Evening With Mister Manchester.

Something is making retextured sniper rifles look like this, and since as far as I can tell, the mesh is the exact same in bot F3 and FNV, I have no idea why it's happening. (It's only for the Sniper Rifle, too, as far as I can tell; ever other weapon in Puce Moose's mods and UWWUT looks fine.) Is this something I can manually fix in FNVedit? Or does it require actual expertise?

Castomira posted:

Huh, interesting. Through what avenue then would I go about reassigning them? It's not something I've done before, but I'd like to try.

Edit: So I did some playing around, and figured out that Fallout 3 textures for the Sniper Rifle look totally different from Sniper Rifle textures in NV:

Even though the mesh doesn't seem to be any different, it seems to be mapped differently. On a hunch, I used FOMM to export the Sniper Rifle mesh from Fallout 3, renamed it to something unique, and moved it into \Meshes\weapons\2handrifle, then opened the mods in FNV Edit and manually changed the Model filename for the weapons to the renamed Fallout 3 mesh. Then I loaded up the mods to see what I had wrought.

Now, discarded, the weapons look exactly like they're supposed to:

But when I equip them:

They go back to being jacked up. Yeah, I'm out of ideas now.

I think I know more or less what's going on here, because I was messing around with it recently for WMX-WRP. It's actually a couple of things (probably), but both basically down to using WRP.

The textures you posted there aren't from FO3 or FNV themselves - they're from mods - but they do show the problem: WRP changes the UV-mapping for the Sniper Rifle, and the texture layout needs to match it. Those textures in your first shot were made for the original mapping, rather than Millenia's altered version from WRP.

Another problem is that the Sniper Rifle (and .44 Magnum Revolver) in WRP insist on using the textures from the game's bsa files rather than the replacer textures from WRP - but only for the 'third-person' models* (used any time the weapon is not currently equipped by the player). I have no idea why; I couldn't work it out. Something in the depths of their nif files, maybe. I included a workaround in a recent update to WMX-WRP that was just pointing the models at duplicates of the textures in a different location so they couldn't fall back on the bsa files... but then forgot to merge across a necessary accompanying change in WMX itself so I'll have to update that again sometime soon. :saddowns:

But for those two rifles specifically, you were on the right track. You just need to also point their 1stpersonstatic records at the mesh you extracted from the bsa file.

*There's actually a bit more to it but that's what it mostly boils down to.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Castomira posted:

You're talking about this, right?

I can't seem to figure out how to change that value to the extracted mesh. When I try to put in the filepath, it says that it "is not a valid integer value." I probably have no idea what I'm doing, but it seems like it should be simple.

The field circled there points to the 1stpersonstatic record; it's separate to the weapon record. Ctrl-clicking on the field should take you to the record you're after; it's a shortcut.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Is there a mod that allows you to repair vanilla weapons with their GRA counterparts? Or should that already happen and I just have too many mods to notice?

Basically looking for something compatible with WMX that removes the (GRA) tags from weapons and allows mods to work between vanilla and GRA variants.

I don't know about the cross-repairing thing off the top of my head; it's never actually come up for me.

WMX-GRA doesn't remove the GRA tags because of the confusion that would result in, but apart from that it sort of does what you're after itself. Some weapon mods work on both vanilla and GRA weapons, and others can be 'converted' from vanilla/WMX to GRA (and vice-versa), if they're similar enough.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

ps antistar when u gonna finish Clockwork dawg?!?

Urrgh... when I stop getting distracted by other projects - like the recent update to WMX, and this tileset for Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead. CDDA has really got its hooks into me - and I normally don't like roguelikes! I'd really recommend it to people who like Fallout, actually; it's a post-apocalyptic roguelike, basically.

Clockwork though... my motivation for it goes up and down over time; forcing myself to work on it when there's something else I'm dying to work on instead doesn't really result in much getting done.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Somebody must make a mod that adds groin attacks to VATS. Successful hits are instant death.

That'd unfortunately require re-exporting the mesh for every creature, person and outfit you wanted to give a targetable groin - plus various other things that may or may not be possible to make the game support it.

Still, if anyone out there was to put that much effort into groin-related modding... they'd probably be at Lover's Lab. Of course you don't really want to go there, though.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Naky posted:

Just like anything there's a ton of obscure stuff or well known stuff that was really only used by one or two guns like the Tokarev TT but adding stuff like that is where you start getting overboard IMO.

In my own game I just called it the Tokarev Model 213 and said "close enough". Since it's a Chinese variant, that seems to fit in well with the Sino-American War stuff in Fallout lore, actually.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Right, sorry; I was a bit vague there. I meant that I called the gun that since the Model 213 uses 9x19mm, which is already in the game of course.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Nobody Interesting posted:

As far as I know, making a merged patch is really just right clicking one of the esp files in FNVEdit, going to options at the bottom and then hitting 'Create Merged patch' and that's all the magic done, because it handles detecting all the conflicts for you. You can then BOSS your load order to put your new merged patch in the optimal place in the queue.

Anything more advanced than that and you need to use Wrye Flash or some poo poo.

Maybe doing this poo poo properly might be good content for op?

The 'Create Merged Patch' function creates an 'automatic merged patch', which won't resolve all conflicts you may have; just those concerning lists of various kinds (formlists, containers, levelled lists, etc). Anything more complicated than that generally needs a human brain to say "for this weapon I want to use the altered mesh from this mod, but the rebalanced stats from this other mod", or what-have-you.

You don't need Wrye Flash for that, but yeah; it does need some manual work.

Also I've never used BOSS, but I wouldn't have thought it would know what to do with an automatic merged patch you've generated yourself. In any case, those just go at the bottom of your load order (in all cases I'm aware of).

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Naky posted:

Millenia don't add poo poo to poo poo, I do :colbert: Also, adding stuff via script does have one really, really bad drawback versus adding stuff manually - have fun with your save game if you decide to remove a mod that added stuff via script. You can't clean that poo poo like you can with the manual, 'dirty' way. There are drawbacks to both but making a merged patch is arguably the lesser of the two evils in the long run. Fortunately for me, I don't give a rats rear end about any of your save games and just wanted to cut down on the amount of bitching in the comments about incompatibilities :smug:

This is basically why I usually do it the manual way (though I try to do it in as compatible a way as is reasonably possible); I like to give users more control. The downside is that the user needs to be literate and ideally not an 'Ask-Firster'.

It's probably also partially habit for me, going back to my FO3-modding days - and there I was influenced by ElminsterEU (original creator - from memory - of TES4Edit/FO3Edit/FNVEdit/etc), when he told me to "do it this way, it's better". To be fair this was in the context of WMK, where it was more necessary due to the way the weapon modification script worked (formlist contents needed to be in a precise order). The 'OrderedList' thing in FO3Edit/etc was largely added with this part of WMK in mind, iirc.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Ddraig posted:

e: As far as using FNVEdit goes, I feel like I'm only really beginning to scratch the surface... but is there a way to change all references of one form id to another? So if I wanted to change all references in the Worldspace element from having formid x into formid y is there a way to do this? Either as a process or some sort of script.

If you're asking what I think you're asking, well I'm not sure about FNVEdit off the top of my head, but the GECK has search and replace.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Ooh - nice. I've been wanting something like this since... well, since Fallout 3 came out:

New Vegas - Enhanced Camera

It's a 'your body actually exists in first-person' mod and it seems to work fairly well - though I only tested it for a few minutes. I saw a version for FO3 pop up as well.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

Speaking of Millenia's retextures, I am getting a weird bug that is connected to them, or probably the gra compatibility mod for it. When wielded by an enemy the .44 magnum has a broken texture, but when I wield it, it shows up fine in both 1st and 3rd person, which just seems really strange to me. Its minor enough that I'm not really concerned fixing it, but I am kind of curious how that could even happen, because the enemy should be using the same 3rd person texture too, right?

The game uses the '1stperson' mesh for the player in both first and third-person, and the 3rdperson or world mesh when the weapon is on the ground or equipped by NPCs.

I know the problem you're talking about with Millenia's .44 Magnum Revolver retex; it also affects the Sniper Rifle. I couldn't work out why it does it (it's a really weird problem), but I included a kind of workaround in the recent updates to WMX and WMX-WRP, if you happen to use that.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

Thank you, that makes perfect sense now, but it does seem a little strange they do it that way (or maybe they have good reasons?)

I wasn't using WMX, because last time I used it it wasn't compatible with Millenia's retextures, but now that it is, I definitely will be.
Edit: Order should be Base Mod, DLC patch, Millenia patch, right?

No problem. And just check out the WMX-WRP readme; it'll tell you what you need to know. Seriously... read it; there's been a number of people who think that WMX/WMX-WRP isn't compatible with Millenia's retexes basically because they've tried to install it without reading the instructions. It's actually only ever not been compatible for up to a few days at a time after Millenia released each retex.

Oh - maybe a bit longer during those few weeks when I was moving house and had no internet access (and no primary computer when it literally exploded after the move). Madcat kindly kept it updated for me during that time though (I just don't really know how long it took since I was incommunicado at the time, of course).

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Naky posted:

People who don't read the readme and post blindly in the comments infuriate me. If I respond at all, and normally I don't, I tend to be fairly sarcastic in response. Nothing makes me sigh more audibly than this, I think.

Yeah... Ask-Firsters. :eng99:

Not even considering that it is sort of rude and an imposition on the author... locating a method to contact the author, articulating the problem they have, and then waiting and hoping that the author responds to them seems like so much more work than just checking the readme. Does that not occur to them? Do they assume that there's no useful information in the readme? Do they not even realise it's there - perhaps because they've only ever known Nexus Mod Manager et al and don't know how to open an archive file? But then there's also the description on the download page; did they not read that either?

I don't know; it's a state of mind I don't think I'll ever understand.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Well the art assets (such as they are) in Ammo Crafting Schematics are free to use in FNV mods, so go nuts if there's something useful in there.

From memory that might only be icons though. I think I ended up doing basically what you were thinking there with the models for hull plastic and brass. It's very very rare to see them just sitting on the ground, anyway (at least in ACS). You usually just see them in inventory menus.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
For me, Lonesome Road is the Operation Anchorage of New Vegas DLCs. Linear and ultimately pointless-feeling. Ulysses was really disappointing after all the build-up in the main game and the other DLCs. I had that same reaction: "wait, he's just some crazy guy droning some made-up histrionic nonsense at me as if it's important". I think I actually talked him out of fighting in my first playthrough, leaving him there in the Divide in a "right... you have fun with that, then" sort of way.

Honest Hearts was just sort of boring, unfortunately. It never really grabbed me. It's possibly telling that the most memorable part of it - the Survivalist - was pure text and mostly divorced from anything related to gameplay.

Dead Money and Old World Blues though; I love those. I had a lot of fun with the WMX add-on for OWB in particular, too.

Overall I'd probably rank them like this:

1) Dead Money (yeah, I'm one of those people who like it)
2) Old World Blues (close second)
3) Honest Hearts (only just in front of LR since it's a bit more open)
4) Lonesome Road

Oh, then there's Gun Runners' Arsenal. I often forget about it, since, well... I play the game on PC.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

SpookyLizard posted:

I donwloaded GRA and Courier's Stash pretty much exclusively for use with Jsawyer.

I bought both of those largely so that I could make the WMX add-ons for them (ACS too). I'm not sure how :psyduck: that makes me. I don't even use Courier's Stash, and while I do run the game with GRA, I don't use much from it. Some of the new ammo types, I think.

I mean when I got it, I thought I might get more out of GRA, but...

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
It's fairly straightforward; if you're using both WMX and EVE then you need the WMX-EVE patch, both WMX and PN then you need the PN-WMX patch, etc. (Actually you don't strictly need PN-WMX, but it gives you more stuff and makes things smoother.)

Don't use a patch made for something you're not using; that's about it. The readme files included in the different downloads list their requirements. Especially check out the grab-bag readme. Some people seem to just grab it, install it and activate everything in it in FOMM/NMM without looking to see what the various patches in it are actually for.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Twobirds posted:

When that happened to me, I was running Project Reality. I turned off Depth of Field (I think - it was one of the visual options in PR, at least) and the sluggishness went away, even after turning DoF back on a minute later.

Yeah, I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but toggling those graphical features in Project Reality's MCM menu magically clears up the strange slowdown you can eventually get in exteriors with it.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
What you described is a dead ringer for what can happen with Project Reality, but I guess other things could cause it too, especially since exteriors usually have a lot more going on than interiors, of course.

If starting a new game fixes it, then it could be a borked save. The detect settings thing going for something lower than before is concerning though; could be a dying video card or something, like LividLiquid said.

Beyond that I'm out of ideas, sorry!

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is there some special trick to creating a merged patch in FNVedit? Because I'm following the common directions and it's giving me an empty file with a null reference form ID.

These are the instructions I give in the readmes for my mods:

quote:

- Download FNVEdit (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34703) to create the 'merged patch'. This should be done after you have installed and activated all the mods you wish to play the game with (and have configured your load order using a mod manager tool). This is how to do it:

- Run FNVEdit, and a list of all the plugins in your Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\ directory will come up, listed as per your load order. By default, the plugins you have activated in the New Vegas Launcher or in a mod manager tool will have ticks next to them. This is what you want, so just click 'OK'.

- Once FNVEdit has finished loading, right-click somewhere in the panel on the left that lists your activated plugins, and select 'Create Merged Patch' from the context menu. (Note that this may be under the 'Other' sub-menu, depending on which version of FNVEdit you have.)

- Enter a name for the patch into the window that pops up (any name you like), and click on 'OK'.

- Once FNVEdit has finished generating the patch (it creates a new .esp file with the name you entered), which should only take a few seconds, close FNVEdit. Click 'OK' on the window that pops up to save the Merged Patch that was generated.

- Finally, make sure the Merged Patch esp is loading after all your other plugins (which it should already be, by default), and activate it using the New Vegas Launcher or a mod manager tool.

- If you ever uninstall plugins, update existing plugins, or install new ones, deactivate and delete the Merged Patch, and then follow these instructions again to create a new one.

If you end up with an empty file, you may just not need an automatic merged patch - or it might be hitting a plugin that isn't set up properly and is causing the process to fail before it's actually merged anything. The message log should tell you if that's the case.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Exactly the same thing happened to me when I played Beyond Boulder Dome. I solved it by resurrecting him and killing him again.

(Go back to his body, bring up the console, click on him, enter the 'resurrect' command.)

Alternatively you may also be able to use setstage, but that could be problematic depending on how the quest is set up.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I kind of ashed him. :(

Ah... I must admit I've never tried to resurrect ash. (And in the game.)

Sounds like that needs something special.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Alternatively you could just install NVSE and have everything work properly; it's pretty easy.

A lot of Project Nevada's features require NVSE.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Does anyone know how to get the food, water, sleep, etc. values from Imp's More Complex Needs to show up in the HUD? I can never remember.

Grab the 'IMCNNV Hud and Hotkeys' optional file from IMCN's Nexus page.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, that convergence patch only works by essentially ripping out huge chunks of WMX content; all the ranged weapons stuff, basically. So it's only really useful if you want the melee weapons stuff from WMX and the ranged weapons stuff from WME. I don't see the appeal, personally (but that's probably no surprise).

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

WMX is the more superior and more better mod anyway, with better compatibility so it doesn't matter :colbert:

Flattery will get you nowhere warm fuzzy feelings at least. :3:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

I'm doing some searching, but reading the drat NexusMods comments section for any given mod is a pain in the loving rear end. Only loading, like, 10 or 20 at a time is just ridiculous when at least 95% of those comments are pure loving garbage some retarded 12-year-old vomited up.

The comments section on Nexus pages has a 'view forum thread' link (since the comments are duplicated/also viewable that way). You can then search within that thread; it's pretty handy sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

[FWE is] the predecessor to Project Nevada for FNV...

Moreover it's the predecessor to a lot of features added in FNV itself (compared to FO3). During development of FNV, guys at Obsidian were describing how they were taking some inspiration from popular mods for FO3. The usual example they used was Weapon Mod Kits - for the weapon mods in FNV - but it's obvious that FWE was another large source of inspiration; particularly with things like the 'hardcore mode' features.

So yeah, FWE is pretty drat good.