Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPsZUJtwPw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I legit choked on my tea reading that. Big Dave's posts on the Observer forums are usually p. hilarious too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Space Cob posted:

Once I was skimming threads in the PRO WRESTLING section of THE BOARD. I was reading some stupid comments by a random fool and suddenly I read a post with random stats in it that made sense.

The poster? A man simply known as "dave." I was greatly amused.

not as bad as reading a dewe post and wondering what the gently caress meltzer is smoking

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oasx posted:

If you aren't interested in MMA i would suggest checking out PW Torch, it leaves a bit more on the analysis side than breaking news, but there is an huge amount of content each week and also content that stretches back 20+ years

on the flip side, it's wade keller.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Didn't he make a statement when he left saying that he asked them if they had any plans for him to which they said no so he asked for his release? Why is he changing his story now?

Whenever I hear his voice it reminds me of the guy who sang 'chocolate rain'.

He himself never said that, that's just what was reported.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sooooooooooo the planned podcast with weekly font and i and others didn't go on tuesday. we will try to get our first session done soon though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grant DaNasty posted:

I was trying to think of some wrestling related games and so far I've come up with these:

Punchsport Password

Rules: A wrestling version of the old game show password. You all split off into two teams of two with Weekly Font as host. Font gives a member of each team a wrestler's name from past or present, and that member has to get his partner to guess the wrestler using one word hints. Each team goes back and forth taking turns. The catch is, nobody is allowed to use wrestling related hints. That means no promotion names, moves, nicknames, etc. The game goes best 2 out of 3.

Six Degrees of the Undertaker

Rules: A wrestling version of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. The host Weekly Font gives out a wrestler's name from past or present and the contestant has to connect that wrestler to the Undertaker using matches with other wrestlers using the least amount of matches. The matches have to be specific. Since most people don't remember dates of matches, you can use just Pay-Per-View names or specific names of PWG or ROH shows. But if you use a Raw or Nitro match for example, then you do have to provide a date.

For example. "Jay Briscoe"

1. Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Haas & Benjamin (Glory by Honor IX)
2. Shelton Benjamin in Money in the Bank that included Ric Flair (Wrestlemania 22)
3. Ric Flair vs. Undertaker (Wrestlemania 18)

Then the next contestant has a chance to steal the point by seeing if he can do it in less matches. And no cheating using wikipedia.

Mark & Jay Briscoe vs CM Punk & Colt Cabana & The Prophecy (Round Robin Challenge II)
CM Punk vs The Undertaker (BreakingPoint)

wheres my point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grant DaNasty posted:

gently caress! How about Zack Ryder?

Edit: Ok smart asses. Give me Gorgeous George to Zack Ryder in six degrees.
Gorgeous George vs Midajah, Nitro 2000
Midajah & Scott Steiner vs Lt. Loco (Chavo Guerrero) & Major Gunns, Nitro 2000
Chavo Guerrero vs Sin Cara Over The Limit
Sin Cara vs Primo Raw (Sin Cara's Debut)
Primo vs Zack Ryder Most recent edition of Superstars.

this makes for p terrible radio

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 19, 2011

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You are all doing yourselves an immense disservice if you don't listen to his podcast with Cliff Compton/Domino.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Today's Art Of Wrestling features KEVIN STEEN.

:stare:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You, the guy who hates everything is trying to chastise someone about not being optimistic about one of the most foreshadowed main event results in history not being a foregone conclusion.

Alright. Way to get ~WACKY~ about your anger by trying to toxx my balls off, though!

I don't see how he "hates everything"?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I'm happy the guy retired early and lives well, but gently caress I wish he was a booker.

He is.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dolph zigler was a guest on Art of Wrestling.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Holy poo poo. Bryan just mentioned a TNA Live event on Friday in Kent. Does anybody know if he does meet-ups for them or anything, because I'm totally going. The last one was friggin' awesome.

Just tweet at him, he's v personable.

I am really looking forward to hear Storm's rant about the Overeem situation.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

His rants would be better if Bryan were willing or able to explain the circumstances of testing, commissions, etc. so Lance would have all his facts straight.

thats why im lookin forward to it, hearin pro wrestlers sperg bout issues they dont know the full details of is immensely entertaining to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought HER was maria kannellis and bryan's hatred of cm punk started when rovert informed him of their at-the-time relationship status

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

If you're on THE BOARD Alan just started his new tourney:

gonna end punk vs bryan. there i saved you 3 months

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Meltzer will be on Konnan's podcast Monday.

http://mlw.com/radio/konnanshow.html

oh no we forgot to talk about meltze

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

Meltzer and Alvarez do not know what iced coffee is.

and both live in the seattle/san jose areas. the bubble they live in is really amazing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

A megahero to all.

told u.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

That does raise another issue. Who do you put Storm with to build up to BFG? It can't be anything too in-depth, and it has to be moderately credible heels that he can roll over to build momentum. Bully Ray's out, due to him feuding with Joe Park/Abyss, Daniels and Kazarian are out, due to AJ and Angle. Who's left? Matt Morgan? Do Storm/Hardy or RVD in a face/face match?

Anderson could work as a 2 month thing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Todd was pretty cool on DKP this week.

so you have a morally bankrupt non charismatic person with terrible opinions who is an absolute pain to listen to AND todd martin on the same show?? wow!

MassRayPer posted:

Two minutes in and Larry is enlightening us on the true nature of death.

Larry is bat-poo poo on the level of some of Art Bell's craziest guests. Trust me I've listened to a lot of Art Bell.

10 minutes in:

There is no death, we are beings of light.
Catholic Church will reveal all of that.
Sun was yellow when Larry was a kid, is now white hot.
That's why we have global warming.
Aliens built the pyramids.
Structures on moon, JFK wanted to work with USSR to investigate, JFK/RFK killed by Illuminati for that, Nikita put into vegetative state.
We're in the same cycle we were before WW1 and WW2.
New Golden Age to follow
Archons.
We are going through the photos in the center of the galaxy.
Get your money out of the banks poo poo is about to go down!

i would pay money to listen to a debate between you and larry z moderated by alvarez but i fear he'd pull the "Living Legend is above this" card

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 20, 2012

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote != edit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jeffersonlives posted:

Oh god I remember that dude, he was awesome.

he got fired after having a really really really really bad meltdown on the board when smackdown vs raw 2010 sucked

i think the barometer to him havin mental issues was his SvR 2010 review being longer than that weeks observer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bryan scored the 8th 10-9 mariners.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I know posting Observer excerpts is MRP's gimmick, but this bit from the 95 Observer on ECW is just so great.

quote:

Tod Gordon wasn't around, at least as a participant, at either show this weekend. Bill Alfonso wasn't around either, although he's on a family vacation in Europe which they're eventually going to put into the storyline and they were claiming that Rob Feinstein, his personal videographer, was taping the shows so Alfonso could reverse decisions when he gets back. The Feinstein situation is really amazing. The background of all this is that when the company ran into its problems paying the bills, apparently when Gordon largely bailed out of funding it, Feinstein was owed $5,200. Lots of people involved with merchandise were owed money at that point and some still are. Feinstein, who handled videos for the company, was told he'd be paid back the money in monthly installments, which up until the beginning of this month was taking place. Last month Heyman introduced him on television and at the arenas as a heel character basically blaming him for the ECW videotape end of the business being disorganized, tapes being sent out late, poor quality of tapes and used it as an angle. As it all has turned out, as a shoot, Feinstein quit as tape distributor on 8/7 because his monthly installment due 8/1 never came and ECW had actually increased its debt to him to $6,000 rather than cutting the debt down. Heyman had already turned him strong heel and switched the heat to him for people whose videos took a long time in arriving for whatever reason with his audience. In fact, on 8/4 at Jim Thorpe, PA, Feinstein, wearing a neck brace, started insulting the crowd. 911 came out but Feinstein said he had a neck brace on. 911 then ripped off the neckbrace and choke slammed him anyway. They wound up getting Feinstein's pants off and giving him a wedgie and Heyman started telling small dick jokes while the crowd chanted similar things. During the Public Enemy vs. Gangstas match on that show, Rocco Rock tried to throw New Jack over a balcony which is on a cliff.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Goog posted:

HulkaMatt had stuff to do, and KFG got picked up by the Chaotic Express, or whatever Adam Rose's bus is called, and so it was just myself and MRT left to do the Ten Count this week.

ah so thats why you asked me to join in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Heyman's stories are made so much better by Austin's response to them. Hearing him slowly crack up as the firing story unfolded was great and you ended up getting quite how much affection they have for each other.

"Jesus Christ. You're a piece of work."

That story was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man I miss mark

• Locked thread