Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

maniacripper posted:

The codebreaker isn't even the best finisher that Jericho has used :colbert:

Yea, it's obviously the Breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

The latest Bryan and Vinny show also contains a review of Nitro #1. They also said that The Man Called Sting was bad, but that Steinerized was the worst WCW theme song! I won't stand for these lies.

I by Nitro #1 you mean Nitro 79.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Of all the things JR complains about, I totally get the ROH lights one and Sinclair not putting money into production.

Seriously, ROH's production is trash and deserves to be poo poo on.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
drat, is there seriously not going to be any shows today with Bryan or Dave except for After Dark?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Bhester posted:

Ed is the worst

Jim at least has some amount of likeability.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I fell asleep last night while listening to Lance and Bryan argue about how all movies and matches are the same

Worst sleep ever

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Bhester posted:

he made sure everyone knew that Whitney was paying for this trip

I hope he gets kicked out of the hotel for making too much noise again

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Its like the Patterson Bigfoot sighting

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

njsykora posted:

Yeah, the show isn't bad, its just very hard for me to get excited about a show where the top stars are MVP, Bobby Lashley, Low-Ki and Kurt Angle is champion in 2015.

The sad thing is that's a pretty good main event scene all things considered and Impact could be good.

But its not and never will be.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

After Dark is completely dependent upon the guest. Some are genuinely interesting and some are so batshit it's entertaining but most are just bland and crappy.

Any new observer subscribers should look for the After Dark with the Jonesboro survivor.

That's the only After Dark show I've listened to and, yea, basically everybody should listen to that 'cause it's pretty great.

edit: someone posted the same thing on the last page I guess so gently caress me

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 22, 2015

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
breaking into Lesnars house should be the new American Gladiators

except nobody ever wins

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
So Stroud is gonna be on the next Powerbombcast. Is he funny or good or interesting in any way? Everything I've read about him on PSP makes it seem likes he's a douche or something.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

So much for not dominating the show.

You guys lied to me :(

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Danny LaFever posted:

Why was Trips a terminator that also killed and beheaded Terminators?

Have you ever seen Terminator 2 or 3?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I took it from listening that he's been on before, but I have to say I found the whole thing unsettling and a little distasteful - the guy sounds like he has some serious issues and giving him even this kind of platform probably feeds his delusions, and putting him on to laugh at him just seemed cruel.

I've known incredulous, highly-strung people like him before who take every single conspiracy theory they ever read as gospel and get really, genuinely upset over utter nonsense, so maybe it just struck a little close to home to me and I'm reading too much into things - but yeah, that wasn't fun to listen to.

If it makes you feel any better Brent basically forces his way into their lives every year or so

edit: pretty sure last time he found email addresses for Vinny's relatives or something in order to contact them

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 11, 2015

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
go back and listen to all the Wang episodes of B&V

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

I didn't used to brag. I used to post information as is but people didn't like that so I took the decision to be difficult.

lol

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Spermgod posted:

i was watching chi town rumble and holy poo poo dave had a huge afro

I prefer his majestic mullet

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHyHyPKslTQ

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
so I take it we're never getting a B&V review of Ultima Lucha

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

They always do Lucha Underground on Thursday.

cool, wasn't sure since Bryan was hiding from bears in Alaska for most of last week.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
didn't Meltzer just say he didn't know if they were actually divorced yet, not that he didn't know if they broke up

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
dunno if you guys heard, but Rico Constantino is not happy with Bubba Ray Dudley

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm pretty sure 'smart fans' only poo poo on 'slow methodical matches' when that's just an alternate term for 'boring'. For example, Jake Roberts actually had good matches, Randy 'The Viper' Orton has "methodical" matches because he's slow and boring. There's a pretty big difference there.

actually you're getting worked bro 'cause Orton is one of the best guys in WWE

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
well it is a dumb name and I don't know why Green Arrow would use a crossbow

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

mkay0 posted:

This debate came up earlier this year, and he said on the board that his wife agrees with him, and that's why he's so adamant.

maybe she was talking about whales

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Rodney the Piper posted:

Wow F4W redesign on mobile.

uh, not just mobile...

... and now I'm getting website not found for F4Wonline.com

edit: and now it's back to normal. Fun times.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Holy timestamps, Bryan

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Benne posted:

Bryan doesn't know what a Napoleon complex is, in our latest installment of wrestlingbubble.txt

that was the joke

because Bryan is also a very angry small man

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 30, 2015

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
they should review retro TNA instead

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

hahaha I never knew until now that's where "who'd he ever beat?" came from

I just realized I've been confusing that phrase with "How much does this guy weigh?"

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

the person who wrote the madison square garden house show report on f4w right now considers one star to be adequate

quote:

2. RYBACK W RUSEV (with Lana), shell shock and pin * ½. Lana worked as a heel, back to the pro-Russia/anti-American stuff on the mike. Good back and forth exchanges.

8. DUDLEY BOYZ & TOMMY DREAMER won a “tables match” from LUKE HARPER, ERIC ROWAN & STROHAMN by triple 3D through table on Harper for the win (pins didn’t count). Good wrestling prior to the finish, but meaningless as pins and submissions didn’t count. *

I don't understand any of this

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

rovert posted:

Meltzer more or less stole the joke and used it on his LAW appearence.

yea, it's not like it's a super obvious thing that anyone could say

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
There's a lot of stuff he just doesn't go into enough detail about, like in the previous episode they were talking about the Plane Ride From Hell and Jo was really confused as to why Scott Hall of all people was fired when all he did was get hosed up. If he had explained that Scott Hall had been getting super hosed up 24/7 for a long time I don't think she would have been as confused.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

LordPants posted:

looks like the Virtua Fighter engine maybe?

well the title is "All Japan Pro Wrestling Featuring Virtua" and it's made by Sega so one would assume so

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Germansimp posted:

Was that the night he beat Sweeney for the Texarkana TV title?

Correct. Also the same night Lince Dorado almost died.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

ch3cooh posted:

If only he was that interesting to watch wrestle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijXhiH5H9A

edit: perhaps NSFW given the title?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I liked when Kefin was on a Kaiju podcast where him and the other hosts all refused to watch the latest (2014) Godzilla movie.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I loved when CZW kept making GBS threads on the french canadians that they kept booking and getting over despite hating the french canadians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I'm just not buying that M.R. thing as much as I maybe should.

Like, that seems way out of place compared to the other stuff.

• Locked thread