Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
(A) my husband went home the one night I was in the hospital (but we lived 2 miles away so it was only a 5 minute drive, and he went home at like 1am just to sleep and was back by 6am). If I were to have stayed multiple nights or we lived further away, I probably would have wanted him to stay with me.

(B) My own goddamned towel. A big fluffy one that would actually wrap around me. The hospital towels were approximately the size of dishtowels and felt as if they were made of steel wool.

(C)Whatever food it is that she can't have during pregnancy and she's been wanting the whole time. We had a pretty strict "Don't even think about visiting me in the hospital if you don't have sushi with you" rule, it was glorious. (Also, I was in labor for 57 hours and those fuckers wouldn't let me eat the whole time, so I really REALLY wanted food.)

(D) Oh my god, the hormones and the sweating. I was so overheated and sweaty constantly for at least a month or two after having Liam. He spent a month in the NICU and I used to have to gown up for it, on top of which they kept it warm for the babies. I was already at the tipping point on being overheated anyway, and I used to walk out of there looking like a wet dishrag then rush right home to take a cool shower and just the process of drying myself off would make me start sweating again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Awesome Kristin posted:

No you're right. They are the cutest little newborns. Honestly the cutest preterm babies I've ever seen! So precious.

Yeah, way cuter than mine. I love my boy and he's blossomed into the cutest damned kid ever, but he seriously looked like a shriveled up old man when he was a preemie. A very grumpy shriveled up old man.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Ben Davis posted:

I could be wrong, but I think the only 2 brands that do that are Fisher-Price Fastfinder and some Eddie Bauer bags. I don't think any super fancy or super pretty ones have that feature yet. I could be wrong, though!

DadGear makes them with an external wipe container - they have a special container that comes with them. Their messenger style bag has access to it under the flap, so it's still protected from just popping open, but you don't have to open the whole bag to get to them. External access bottle pockets and stroller hangers as well. Haven't ever used one myself, but they look pretty nifty and have tons of designs. They run about $85.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

His Divine Shadow posted:

We got to take Daniel home last night "on leave", man I realize we've had it easy as parents so far, sure the days have been long and hard but we got to go home and sleep the whole night at least. It's not really the same with a baby waking in the middle of the night to be fed and changed. And I'm outta coffee.

(this is me)

They're also now the equivalent of 40 weeks and thus no longer prematures, so I guess we should move to the parenting megathread in the future.

Aww, congratulations on getting to bring Daniel home! Stick around here until they're 3 months old, adjusted to their due date. :)

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Yestermoment posted:

Could anyone recommend a good brand for maternity bras/clothes? Non-bank-breaking if possible. My wife is being stubbornly cheap (despite this being the first of hopefully more than one pregnancy in our marriage) so I want to get her something she can be comfortable in. :)

Bras: Bravado or Hot Milk.
Clothes that aren't bank-breaking: Old Navy (not all stores have a maternity section, so if you want to buy in person, make sure you check the website for which ones carry maternity in store).

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
It seems to me like you should also be able to just request from the outset of your stay that should you ever require an RT, the one assigned NOT be him because you know him socially and feel very uncomfortable with him being present for your labor. I'm pretty sure most hospitals have more than one RT on shift at any given time.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Chickalicious posted:

That guy is a loving creep.

Agreed, it's super creepy. When I was pregnant with Liam, I'd estimate that 85% of our social circle were paramedics, EMTs and nurses, due to my husband and my jobs. There was the running joke throughout my pregnancy that I should "feel free to go into labor any time, I'm a medical professional!", but it was basically the same joke popular at parties whenever someone did something idiotic and likely to lead to injury, not a single one of them ever made any kind of statements about wanting to be *actually* involved in my labor and delivery. It just wasn't their place and they all knew that. Dude seriously has no concept of normal boundaries.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Thanks, David's going down to Helsinki tomorrow morning and on Tuesday he's scheduled for surgery, we're going to have to scramble to get ready and take the car down after him.

It's Tuesday where you are! I just wanted to wish you guys a good, easy, uncomplicated surgery with a super quick recovery time. The waiting really sucks. We've been lucky enough that all Liam's surgeries have taken place really close to home, I can't even imagine how much harder it is when there's a ton of travel involved as well.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Yay! David's awake, happened last night when we visited and he was properly awake for a few minutes so he could see and hear us:

That's awesome! Go David! I hope you got in lots of hand holding time with him.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

visuvius posted:

My question has to do with burping. At the hospital they told us to try and burp him after every feeding. The thing is, when he feeds, he gets super relaxed and kind of falls asleep so its easy to transition him into sleeping like an hour or something but then we try to burp him and it totally fucks him up and he is awake again. On top of that, I'm not really getting a burp after every feeding. I try and try and gently pat his back but no go. At that point I've got no burp and a baby that is amped again when a second ago he was happily feeding on that titty and about to knock off. Thoughts?

If mine fell asleep feeding, I let him sleep. I burped him if he was squirmy and grunting afterward. Also, mine spent a month in NICU and I learned (to my initial horror), that "gentle patting" isn't burping. At first, I was like "HOLY poo poo, THE NURSES ARE TRYING TO BEAT MY PREMATURE INFANT TO DEATH!" but it turns out that he really did need more forceful patting to get anything out.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Anyone have any advice for a boy always leaking out of his diaper? I think I might move him from newborns to 1's, that one didn't seem to leak, but he's not even filling the diaper first. It just seems to go straight out. I've been trying to redirect the penis to more in the diaper, but it doesn't seem to help too much. Any ideas?

Have you tried a few different brands? My son wore Huggies or Kirkland brand (from Costco), every time I put him in Pampers, he just pissed right out a leg hole without even getting the diaper wet. I have friends whose kids could only wear Pampers because they leaked like hell in Huggies. Different brands work better for different babies.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

sudont posted:

Gothmog I totally forget what that kind of breathing is called in newborns but it's A Thing They Do when learning to breathe on the outside, my ped gave it a sciencey sounding name like... ugh I can't remember but "episodic breathing" or "periodic breathing" or neither of those but something like that, haha. Sorry. But it freaked me out too, was good to hear it was totally normal.

Yes, it's periodic breathing. Normal and expected to resolve within a few weeks of birth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodic_breathing

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Gothmog1065 posted:

Maybe you guys can help me. I'm trying to find some spare car seat bases for my "travel system". It's a safety 1st saunter car seat, and has the "stay in car" base, but I cannot, for the life of me, find any spare bases for this model. Am I looking for something wrong?

e: Is there a better carseat that can be used on up and that is easily transferable? A few people might be toting the baby around depending on what's going on, and it would be nice to have something that's easy to move from car to car.

I looked on the Safety 1st website at the Saunter travel system - the stroller part is called a Saunter, the carseat is actually the Comfy Carry model. So you're looking for a base for a Safety 1st Comfy Carry. You can order extra bases directly from the manufacturer: http://corporate.djgusa.com/webapp/...erm=comfy+carry

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Gothmog1065 posted:

I knew I was doing something wrong. Didn't realize they called it something different. Though considering the car seat is only for infants, might not order a lot. Though I'll look to see what that base is capable of being upgraded to.

Likely nothing. As a general rule, bases are only used for infant buckets. I only know of 1 convertible carseat on the market with a base system for multiple cars, the Graco Smart Seat. Good for up to 100 lbs - rear facing to 40lbs, front facing to 50lbs, then it's a belt positioning booster to 100lbs. However, I understand it's really heavy. Also, it's really pricey at $300 with each additional base at $100. It's also currently under recall due to a buckle issue with all non-infant Graco carseat buckles (they're replacing the buckles with ones that do not jam). For that price, you'd be way better off just getting convertible seats for each car.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Dori posted:

I had my first outing to one of the big baby stores on the weekend as I figured it'd make sense to start looking things like car seats and strollers while I am still mobile and all that and so we have an idea of what we might like in case any good second hand deals pop up.

Stroller selection here seems to be somewhat limited (thanks New Zealand) and the prices in store vs online and vs second hand vary a lot for some models and much less for others and it isn't really clear why that is or even how some strollers are different from others besides the extra $200-400 on the price tag.
I was wondering whether people would be happy to share what features they found best/most important when choosing strollers? We're quite happy to spend a little more if it means we get something that'll tick a lot of boxes and that we won't need to replace or replace lots of bits on over time. Brand recommendations are probably less useful for us than feature recommendations as many of the brands available here seem to be NZ or Australian brands. Thanks everyone for all the advice so far - lots of the recent car seat discussion has been super useful.

My big ones for the stroller were smooth steering, height adjustment for the parents - my husband and I are taller than average height for our country and a lot of strollers left us hunched over to reach the handle, easy to fold (we drive an SUV so we were unconcerned with how small it folded; depending on how much trunk space you're working with, you might want to keep that in mind), longevity of use, and the cargo basket being useful. A lot of the cargo baskets underneath seem quite roomy, but there's an access problem - grab a diaper bag off the shelf that's stuffed with tissue paper to make it bulky, stick your purse in the spot where the baby sits in the stroller, and then see whether you can actually get the diaper bag in and out of the cargo basket without removing the "baby" from the stroller.

As for your car seat, I would advise against buying second hand other than from a very close friend who can be trusted about whether it has been in an accident or not. And check expiration dates.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Dori posted:

Thanks. The hint re testing the storage is a supper useful idea. Lots of stores here actually have bean babies (9k baby shaped pillows - they are freaky as hell) so should be easy to test that. :)

While I am thinking of it what are peoples' thoughts re choosing a stoller which can fit the infant car seat capsule so you don't have to move baby from one to the other? All our friends here who have had little ones recently recommend hiring the capsule for the first 6 months or so as this is very affordable and it's not needed for long after that anyway so buying isn't a great deal (cheapest new is about $200 whereas hire incl 1x car base is $50/6 month). But that then does add the extra question of whether we should look at strollers which can have the capsule attachments for the commonly available brands to hire or whether it'll be easy enough to move baby between the capsule and stroller.

We were actually gifted a stroller base that was only for use with the capsule. It was just a frame with wheels and a cargo basket (no seat at all) that the capsule snapped into. I really loved it while he was small enough for the capsule. I should have held off on buying the big stroller until he was ready for it, but my grandmother was hotshit to buy it because she considers the stroller to be HER thing to buy and she would not stop asking, so I picked one and she bought it before he was even born, then I didn't use it for the first year until he outgrew his capsule. By the time I started using it there were newer strollers on the market that better ticked all my boxes and I wished I had held out. I wasn't terribly unhappy with what I had, I just think I would have been happier with something else.

But like all things baby, people have different lifestyles and the way I did it won't have worked for others. I know people who just HATED removing the capsule from their cars and would not have been happy with the setup I had going.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Chickalicious posted:

Good lord, don't buy a car seat from craigslist. You don't know its history (has it been in a wreck? Have the straps ever been soaked with liquid? Etc etc). Even the cheapest options at a store are required to conform to minimum standards. Usually the only difference in price is convenience factors and/or higher weight/height limits.

Info here: http://www.thecarseatlady.com/choosing_a_car_seat/choosing_a_car_seat_2.html

Agreed. I'm a huge proponent of buying used baby equipment, but never *ever* a carseat. There's a reason the baby consignment and resale shops don't have them - there's just no way to know the history of the seat and there are all kinds of ways for it to be rendered unsafe.

I would borrow a carseat from a close friend or relative who I trusted to be honest with me about its history, but never a stranger.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

SuicidalSmurf posted:

I've been lurking this thread since my wife found out she was expecting our first child. Everything has been going great, now we're getting down to crunch time a bit and doing some shopping to get ready. I need to replace my car, it's a 95 celica coupe that's not going to be at all practical. What I'm more concerned about is my wife drives a Nissan Frontier pickup with only a jump seat in the back. We work opposite hours, so we'll have to alternate dropping off and picking up from child care, and there's no avoiding baby riding in the truck. The Nissan has an airbag cut-off switch and latch anchors, is this be reasonably safe solution? Replacing two vehicles would be a real challenge for us. I really need some outside opinions as I'm a first time father and everything seems like a hazardous death trap that will hurt my poor little girl. Is a pickup safe with the airbag off? it's my understanding that's the worst danger to a child in the front seat.

Is the lack of practicality the only reason you are thinking of replacing the Celica? An infant seat WILL fit in the back of a Celica, it's possibly inconvenient and you may bang your head a lot getting the baby in and out, but if those were the two vehicles we owned and all other things (like vehicle condition) were equal, I'd probably replace the truck rather than the Celica. I've read statistics on Carseat.org stating that installing a carseat in the front seat of the vehicle is approximately 30% less safe than the back seat (but I cannot find the specific study they are getting that statistic from). The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration straight up says "Vehicles other than pickups should be used to transport children whenever possible.", with the only caveat for a "safe" pickup being those with full backseats rather than extended cabs. If it's totally unfeasible, then yeah - it is legal to install an infant seat in the front of a pickup with the airbags disabled and you have to do what you have to do, but I would recommend playing the car switching game like Amykinz described as much as possible to limit the amount of time the baby rides in the pickup.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Ben Davis posted:

This varies depending on person, but my little guy ended up being so small that the bigger newborn clothes didn't fit him, and I'd only bought 0-3 stuff because everyone says that they'll only wear newborn for a short time. I would've liked seeing him in things that fit! I also didn't know that you bring the baby's clothes to the hospital, apart from the going-home outfit. I was a little clueless.

I think this is probably something addressed at the hospital tour, if you have one. My hospital DID provide all the clothes for my son for his entire 1 month stay in NICU, other than if I had a particular outfit I wanted to put him in for pictures.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

skeetied posted:

Flintstones are highly recommended by my midwife. You can add an extra folate supplement to bring it up to prenatal vitamin levels. Those are usually tiny.

Yeah, my second pregnancy was high risk, my perinatalogist recommended that I just take a regular multivitamin and separate folate as it is easier to swallow and essentially the same thing as a horsepill sized prenatal.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Chickalicious posted:

Go to the movies. Go to so many movies, even bad ones.

Oh, the movies. I remember that. A long, long time ago.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wow, you're not kidding. The book is incredibly comprehensive.

Anybody have experience with the IKEA cribs? I see no reason to spend hundreds of dollars on something if a cheaper model will do everything I need.

I used one, it was perfectly adequate as a place to store laundry for the first uhhh..8-11 months of his life. Worked well as a crib, once he started sleeping in it. Didn't work so well once I switched it to toddler bed mode as it was incredibly light and he used to flip it over and make toddler forts with it in the night. Seriously though, I liked it quite a bit. I had the $99 Gulliver because it seemed a bit more sturdy than the Sniglar. It eventually made its way to another baby and is still in use.

Also, I did pretty much all my baby gear selection out of that book and I was really happy with everything I ended up with.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

confused posted:

Please forgive me if this has been discussed earlier in the thread, but I haven't had time to read everything because my first child was just born three months premature earlier this week. He is doing as well as can be expected which just means nothing disastrous has happened up until this point. However, what it does mean is that he stops breathing several times a day and sometimes his heart rate will drop from 150 to 50 in a matter of seconds. I realize all this is normal for a baby in his state, but it doesn't make it any less heart wrenching when you are in the room when it happens. I also realize that statistically, he has an over 85% chance of surviving with no significant long term affects, but, again, doesn't help so much emotionally.

Has anyone here been through this before and have any suggestions on coping mechanisms or on things we might not be thinking about?

To be clear, we both seem to be coping fine, I was just wandering if there was anything that especially helped other people.

Congratulations! My NICU provided us with a social worker who worked closely with us and got me into therapy pretty quickly. Therapy and family support that allowed me to basically spend all my time at the hospital and only go home to sleep and shower is what got me through it. And continued therapy after he came home, I was later diagnosed with PTSD as a result of the whole thing. It was a rough first year for the whole family. But we're all healthy and happy and relatively well-adjusted these days.
Set small goals so it's not so overwhelming. Look forward to when your baby gains a few ounces, eats on his own, eats a few more mils, gets out of micropreemie diapers and into preemie ones. It's easier to always look toward the next small goal.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Baja Mofufu posted:

This may sound like a dumb question but what kind of bedding do newborns sleep on? I'm planning to sew some sheets and a bumper over the holidays, and it seems like people might not use flat sheets in favor of light blankets, sleep sacks, etc. They'd be easy to sew of course, but I won't bother if I'm not going to use them. The baby is coming in April and we live in Southern CA so this kid will not experience any cold temperatures as a newborn.

Fitted sheet only. No blankets, flat sheets, or pillows. AAP and all the SIDS prevention groups also discourage bumper use due to entrapment, strangulation, and suffocation risk. My baby slept in a onesie with a light sleepsack over it (also Southern California)

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Baja Mofufu posted:

Thanks very much! My mother-in-law mentioned making a bumper and I just hadn't looked into it yet. Maybe some outdated advice? Fitted sheets it is.

They still sell crib bedding sets that include bumpers and big fluffy comforters. It's outdated advice, but the market is pointedly ignoring the advice in favor of selling $200 bedding sets full of poo poo you aren't supposed to use.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Eris posted:

Thanks guys! She was born 3 hours ago and is in NICU. My husband is with her now finally. She's 4 lbs 4 oz.

She seems to be doing okay. And not only did I tear (fun), she had to be vacuumed out. Which they said had no side effects except a red mark.

Well apparently she has a giant cone head because of it and they think because all of the blood is in her head, her blood pressure and hemoglobin are low. So they're doing a transfusion. Also, she's too swollen to tell but she may have some fractures because despite my obese polish rear end looks like I can pull a pack mule, I have a tiny pelvis.

I'm hoping tomorrow brings "oh, that was just temporary stuff" but ... Man, what a ride.

Congrats! Mine was 4lbs 3oz at 34 weeks! NICU is some scary poo poo, but they provide seriously amazing care. We're so lucky to be having our preemies now instead of 30 years ago.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Funhilde posted:

Is there a good way to find out all the best things to register for? Best brands and all that? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of the STUFF we are going to need.

There's a book called Baby Bargains that was really helpful for me, reviews all the different gear and gives recommendations at various price points. I really feel like everything I got was the best choice for me, with the exception of the things that it turned out I didn't use at all - like I ended up just never using the Pack & Play other than as a travel crib on the two overnight trips we took while he was still in cribs. I think the current one is version 10.1, there's a newer one coming out in April.

Fionnoula fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 27, 2014

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

EngineerJoe posted:

The food isn't so bad because we did a controlled carb diet last year so it's pretty much the same ratios. The wife is on day 2 of bedrest and so far she's keeping busy watching tv and crocheting booties. We're generally pretty sedentary so I think she'll be ok.

I was on bedrest for...12 weeks? I think? Maybe 10? (Amazing how the brain blocks out unpleasant poo poo, huh?). What I wasn't expecting from it going in was how much it physically HURT to lay in bed. It was really painful. We were prepared for boredom, I had tv and Netflix and a Kindle and a laptop with an MMORPG right next to the bed. But my body just *hurt* after a few days, and there wasn't any way for me to get comfortable, all I could really do was roll from one painful side to the other painful side (and we actually own an incredibly comfortable bed) Buy your wife ALLLL the pillows. The one sold for pregnancy I liked best was the Snoogle, but I got a lot of use out of just tons of regular pillows as well. I spent a lot of time building and rearranging nests in an effort to take pressure off the more painful parts.

Man, my cats were so pissed when the baby was born, suddenly their captive audience wasn't just laying there 24/7 to provide them with love upon demand.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

samizdat posted:

It looks like nonhuman primates are a pregnancy no-go. It's just as well because everything smells obnoxious right now.

Thanks for this—I ended up in the ER this week freaked out by horrible right side flank pain that turned out to be constipation.

On the plus side, they claimed to see the 6 week non-food pregnancy inside my uterus and with a good heart beat.

I also learned my uterus is retroverted/tilted back towards my spine—does anyone else have experience with one? I've looked it up and it seems that could explain why Pap smears are horrible and I get lower back pain frequently. I remember a gynecologist telling me my uterus was different somehow maybe 10 years ago but nobody else has told me that until this week.

I have a wonky uterus. Back labor. It really doesn't put you at any additional risk or complicate anything, just know that you're going to feel your labor (and Braxton-Hicks) mostly in your back. In early labor, I had a nurse tell me I wasn't really having contractions because she couldn't see or feel them on my belly. I insisted she put a monitor on me and boy howdy, there they were just spiking away.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
My kid is 8 years old and the only reason I've moved on to a second tube is because I'm a knitter and regularly use a tiny bit of it to relanolinize wool diaper covers, hats, and mittens and finally used up the first tube when he was about 6. That poo poo lasts forever.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

sullat posted:

Ok, cool. As long as we get it done by Thursday so I can get the exemption & credit for 2015.

Mine was 57 hours. So...could be cutting it pretty close.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Rurutia posted:

Clicked Join, who do I PM my email to?
Just ask in the group for an invite...it's actually a gateway group for the real group (we kept getting people from Southern Australia joining and being very confused). A mod will either ask for your email in a PM or friend you to invite you.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Isabelle Caramel posted:

The main group isn't searchable on Facebook. The initial page you join might be, but you can leave it as soon as you're accepted into the actual group.

Yeah, we have a 2 part joining process now to weed out bots and very confused Southern Australian non-goon mums. You ask to join one group, we verify you in there, then dump you into the secret REAL group and you can leave the public group. You'd be in a visible group for a few minutes at most, honestly. Or really I think you could probably look at the info on "Something Awful Parenting Group" and see who the admin is and just PM them for real group admission without having to actually JOIN the visible one.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

peanut posted:

Re: twins
My brother hired an au pair for his twins. Don't worry about moving yet... or possibly move asap to a country with health insurance.

What's the deal with doulas? What do they do that the obgyn clinic doesn't? They don't exist here.

They provide physical, emotional, and informational support to the mother during labor. Sort of a professional labor coach.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Ms. Happiness posted:

I know with my health insurance (American), it'll cover baby for 31 days post partum. I guess it gives you time to get paperwork in and such.

This is how ours worked. The first 30 days, baby is covered as basically just an extension of mom. You've got 30 days to file Qualifying Life Event paperwork to add the baby.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

I had lunch with my mom today, and she was insistent about special baby laundry detergent.

1) Is this actually necessary if I already get detergent that's perfume and dye free because my skin is a little bitch and scented detergents don't get along with my respiratory system?

2) If yes, are there any good brands that have little/no scent?

I had a preemie and used All Free & Clear because that's what we were using on our own clothes at the time. He didn't explode or anything and at 9 years old, still has skin attached to him. You don't need the special baby detergent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.
Do you have a blood pressure monitor? You can get the automatic wrist ones for under 30 bucks. Could be BP related?