Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay, I've tried installing CQM 3.0 into both the \Vampire and \Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines folders, yet nothing's happening. I don't see any indication the mod's working, nor anything once I click the New Game option. What's going on?

EDIT: I'm playing with the Steam version, which is apparently at 1.2 if the version.inf file is to be believed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay, so I got the mod to work, been playing awhile, seems cool. That said, some of the new character models just don't sit right with me (seriously, jiggle physics?! :gonk: ), and I thought I'd delete them, like the OP said. Problem is, this messes up the graphics something nasty- any idea what to do?

Worst comes to worst, and hopefully it's not :warez: can anyone upload the following original models?:

1) LaCroix
2) Heather
3) Female Malk
4) Nines

EDIT: If anyone knows of any mods that make Ventrues look less like Blade rejects and more like 'legitimate Italian businesspeople', please post them, thanks.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 22, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

The attention-to-detail on tit physics was there long before the mods money 1.5 is the sweet spot. Twisting the Malk female around on the character creation screen is a great way to benchmark

That said, I realized the white-suited LaCroix sucked, and reinstalling CQM with that option deselected didn't work, and dragging his original models from the CD into the LaCroix folder didn't work either, since a lot of the model/animation .ini's point to the modded ones specifically. Only way I got around it was to uninstall VtmB and reinstall, along with CQM, just minus the new models. It sucks, but it's one mess of an engine

drat. Oh well, I haven't been playing it much anyway.

Also, I heard that wesp's patch lets one save Heather by asking her to stay inside, a feature that was cut out of the base game. True?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fuzz posted:

Yup, but you miss out on the best armor if you do it.

Feh, I don't mind; that -2 Dexterity in my opinion's worse than -1 armour.

One more question, regarding the Abandoned Hospital in Downtown: Does Pisha give you her quest(s) only if you send the TV guy down to her, or do you just have to uphold the Masquerade?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ending question: Can I still get the Camarilla ending even if I didn't tell Strauss about the gargoyle, and only got the reward from Isaac?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fuzz posted:

Nope, don't think so. The keys to getting that ending are that quest you mention and the plaguebearer quest, as I recall.

Edit: oh, and I think you need to explore the conversation options with him involving LaCroix and the Camarilla.

drat, and I got to Chinatown :(

Oh well, any excuse to start a Malk playthrough.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

NihilCredo posted:

Really? I found it pretty OP actually. Keep Blood Shield up, disable enemies with Purge, go bash in melee; use blood drain powers as necessary. This was several Unofficial Patches ago, though.

I tried Tremere, but Blood Magic just didn't have the satisfying punch that Melee/Firearms does. I also found it fiddly juggling all my powers on the fly.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fuzz posted:

Hilariously enough, the most fun way to fight is as a Toreador. Auspex + Firearms + Celerity = Matrix Murder Machine.

Fixed it for you. The most fun is as a Malk on your second playthrough :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
And IIRC, that one Metacritic point cost Obsidian a great deal in royalty money.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Potentially stupid question here, but are you sure you've checked the install path? As in, every single folder? It kept installing to Program Files for me, instead of Program Files (x86) or whatever.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zereth posted:

Malkavians Dementate.

You know, it really got me that the Malkavian Dementate option for the Brotherhood quest was not to drive one poor witness out of her mind, but pretend to be her boyfriend and spout some cheesy poetry to make her be at peace. Maybe it was because I had high Humanity, but it really added a touching element to the game- the Malkavian might have lost his/her mind, but not his/her heart :3:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Honestly though, I can definitely see a Malkavian 'full XP' run as being as viable as any other run, except instead of the Malkavian being a really good shot or a smooth talker, they just know where to shoot and what to say :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd side with the Clan Quest Mod, as it does have quite a few options for expanding the base game, and that's never a bad thing. Mind you, it does have some amateurish voice acting, but bless 'em, they actually make an effort.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm using the CQM, and I never saw any followup. That said, I always let her make the call, masquerade be damned- it's nice to know that someone still cares about you :unsmith:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Doctor Borris posted:

Is there a way to deal with the warehouse at the end of act 1 differently? I saw a mod of a guy shooting it with a rocket launcher from across the trains, causing the entire thing to explode. I kinda hate this warehouse, and am wondering if this is an actual thing you can do in the game.

I don't think so, sorry.

Speaking of which though, apart from the sub-mods included in the CQM mod, are there any other mods I should look out for?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mendrian posted:

Of more direct interest to this thread: Onyx Path is publishing a 4th Edition of the Vampire: the Masquerade!

Here's to hoping it wouldn't take much work to convert it to nWoD rules. Or that they don't gently caress it up like they did Beast.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just finish the conversation, then cheat. IIRC, the game doesn't allow you to continue if you cheat beforehand, or it resets your stats down to normal, so you might as well wait a few seconds.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Helical Nightmares posted:

So Technocracy winning = tumblr :911: gently caress

A worthy price to pay :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Basic Chunnel posted:

I do wonder what the purpose behind specifically including Mass Effect 2 in the poll was. Perhaps they are as clued into the structural brilliance of it as I am

Romances maybe? Honestly, they should make The Garrus™ a character archetype, and simply have a badass cop voiced by Brandon Keener as a romance option in every game. And I mean EVERY GAME; I want to romance Garrus in Call of Duty 25 :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Basic Chunnel posted:

For people not following the non-PC game side of things, Paradox announced that the Masquerade RP system is coming back, and that the official lore / canon will be developed, in real time, by LARPers, through social media. The people that Darth Windo is seeing will be steering the ship in a few years. Should be fun.

Yeah, this is a bad idea, but I'll admit I'm all kinds of :unsmigghh: at the prospect. Hopefully they're able to find the few good Vampire LARPers (there have to be some, right? Law of averages and all that) out there in the Viking wilds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ZearothK posted:

Eh, Paradox has their in-house studio and a good working relationship with Obsidian. I am expecting more announcements to come in the near future, given the agreement with Focus and Cyanide I am kind of expecting the Old World of Darkness to become the next Warhammer brand with a bunch of licensed titles of varying quality coming out.

I'm still waiting for an Obsidian Mage game :circlefap:

• Locked thread