Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Fitzwilliam Lacho posted:

I'm mad as hell, After getting the sarcophagus from the Giovanni I came back to the prince, and what does he say? Repeats the blood hunt from Nines and makes me go back to Gary I reloaded back to the fight and no dice, he still does the same thing, I'm hosed right?

Have you tried checking to see if the game will continue disregarding the glitch? Something like that happened to me with Ming Xiao telling me to talk to the guy in the Red Dragon after I had done the whole questline and I just kept on going and ignored her advice and it fixed itself.

I played a quick base runthrough with cheats on, just so I could experience the game first hand. Now I'm playing through with the current version of the Clan Quest Mod, including the Arsenal Mod, Comp Mod Lite, and Camarilla Edition 1.4. Using a Ventrue, since I used Toreador before and Ventrue seemed like it would add a small amount of difficulty because it limits what I can drink.

Turns out having the Comp Mod Light helps a bit in fighting, because Heather, on the rare occasion she actually gets hit, I don't think she actually takes any damage. Though there seems to be some sort of invisible walls keeping her from any sort of boss battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Makaris posted:

Just reinstalled with the new clan quest 3.0 mod with all of its features turned on, and now all the enemies have several hundred hitpoints and even the lowlest enemies require well over six shotgun shots from point blank to take out, and I have about a 6 in Firearms, maybe more. Is that... intended? I know it's supposed to feel more like the PnP game, but regular human chumps absorbing several shotguns shots and myself dying in about 3 or 4 swings of a tire iron doesn't make a lot of sense.

The PnP mod, as well as one of the other ones, is partially there to basically make the game much more difficult. I believe if you activate both the PnP and one other specific mod, it brings the game into Nightmare Mode.

And you turned EVERYTHING on? The descriptions of the included mods on the Planet-Vampire page includes the stuff that you really shouldn't be mixing. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't mix Camarilla Edition with the PnP mod, for example.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, you gotta be careful with what you choose. Even something as small as the Revised Histories conflicts with the Camarilla Edition 1.4, for example, even with the installer.

Though the installer can also do some really funny things without quite breaking the game. In my run with it, I included, among other things, the Comp Mod Lite and the Heather skin. Let me just say, the Heather skin was not meant for following you around. It has these really weird physics. Plus the cutscenes make companions just creepily stand there watching you. Mostly noticeable in the Clan Quest Mod's Kuei-Jin quest, which probably added the most cutscenes.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I seem to have broken my game. I'm using the Clan Quest Mod 3.0 with only mods that are compatible with each other, so no conflictions, but when I try to leave the Ventrue Tower, the game refuses to finish loading, no matter how long I wait.

Anyone here have any idea how to fix this? Or do I have to start over?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I have the clan mod installed and I'm having this weird problem in the Chinatown hub; every so often as I make my rounds I get frozen in place for a few seconds and a pink mist overcomes me. I also seem to be losing blood at a rapid pace and looking at my character it seems as if I have some skill being used automatically at regular intervals. It's not game breaking but it's pretty annoying and it only happens in the Chinatown hub. I'm also playing as Malk if that has any relevance. Any ideas what's going on here?

That happened to me, once, using my Ventrue with the CQM. I don't remember where, but it was probably in either Hollywood or Chinatown. It passed, eventually.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Agreeable Badger posted:

Okay, so after hearing nothing but positive things about this game, I went ahead and bought it on steam. I d/led the clanquest 3.0 mod, extracted it to the specified folder, and installed it with camarilla and arsenal. I vaguely remember reading that if it installs correctly, it will say something to that effect in the opening menu. If the opening menu is just normal, with no mention of mods, does that mean it didn't take?

Also this game rules so far. I'm glad I found this thread.

I had the problem, too. I believe the instructions say to install it into the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines folder in Program Files, but it wouldn't work for me. When I did so in the folder Program Files 86x, it worked.

Though it's a good thing it didn't work for you, this time around, since you really should play a vanilla run, you're first time around.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

If you have trouble following directions, just face Confessions from in front of the gate, then turn right, where you should be facing an alleyway with good ol' Fat Larry there. In my experience, you'll be alerted to the alleyway by a street brawl occuring.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Agreeable Badger posted:

I actually did install it into the program files 86x one. Oh well, I'll figure it out after this playthrough I guess.

Have you tried both? I just assumed that it was 86x that did it, because the normal install, which defaulted into program files, didn't do anything. So, as an experiment, I copy/pasted what was already installed into the 86x one and it worked.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

BUTT CONSPIRACY posted:

edit: got it. It's very confusing that the OP and the vampire planet page say to install to the vampire subdirectory when in fact you have to install to the main game directory

Yeah, this bit is really weird. In some parts, it will say "it used to be like this, but now it's this," or "all previous versions did this, while all the other mods did this." I probably did about 5 reinstalls before I finally got the drat thing working.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

BUTT CONSPIRACY posted:

I installed the "sexy" heather skin...I'm not sure what I was expecting but now she looks like some creepy gothic Japanese sex robot :gonk:

That drat thing is absolutely hilarious with the Comp Mod Lite (probably with the Comp Mod, in general).

Though I think it fucks up her goth outfit when you embrace her, since it doesn't carry over and it causes the makeup to be misplaced...

Which is probably what you were talking about.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Upmarket Mango posted:

Pretty much all of the character reskins are terrible. I find it strange that no one has created high resolution versions of the default skins though.

White suit LaCroix. :colbert:

Other than that, yeah, they are either not that great or pretty unnoticeable. I put almost all the skins on for my Clan Quest Mod playthrough because I wanted to do as much as I could with it. I think I got my time's worth when seeing how ridiculous the Heather skin fucks up when moving.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

Just completed it for the first time today. Sided with the Anarchs and let LaCroix open the sarcophagus while I walked away. Absolutely hated the ending, expected something dramatic after all the talk of "Don't open it."

Good game overall though.

I've noticed a lot of people agree that the ending segments of the game are where it all sorta goes down south. Mostly because it just goes really fast between combat section to combat section.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

FINALmasa posted:

Man, people weren't kidding about the sewers. I used my better judgment and CHEATED through it, and it is still one of the harder parts of the game so far. I can't believe it hasn't been modded out or shortened in some way. Now I understand why everyone wants to ban sewer levels.

Funny you should say that. Clan Quest Mod 3.0 has hidden optional quests that allow you to skip the sewer level and the Fu Syndicate. I haven't done them yet and there is a bit of discussion on the planet-vampire board about how it should be revised, but they are there.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dixie Flatline posted:

Phonecall from Gary won't trigger when I leave the Fu Syndicate building. Any console trickery I can use to either trigger it, or make the game continue?

Did you make sure that Nosferatu guy you rescue actually left the building? That actually happened to me, once. I just had to go back in and talk to the guy and he left, triggering the phone call.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

This still kills me at least once per run. :smith:

I don't think that has ever got me. I always think "oh hey, elevator shaft, something is going to try to gently caress me up" by default.

And I never actually knew that Nines WASN'T supposed to be there in the Luckee Star.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Ventrue sounds like it'll be a pain not gaining nourishment off normal lovely humans.

Also history? drat There's too many vauge options.

Most of the humans, in my experience, tend to be decent enough so that you won't need to worry.

As for histories, some good things about them is that they usually tell you exactly how they change you, and you can go back from the stat screen to change it if you don't like what you're being given.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

Tremere can use level 1 dominate in convos too with Wesp5's patch I believe, but not 2+ so it has limited applications.

I believe you actually can use dominate past 1, it's just that you have to hotkey them. The mouse wheel only finds Trance, though.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

PureRok posted:

It looks like the OP hasn't been updated in a while. The link to the graphics/lighting mod in the second post is dead.

I'm going to install the Clan Quest mod that was linked, which is now on 3.0. Is this still a recommended thing, or have things changed since 2011?

Well, since the 3.0 release, there have been 2 new versions of Camarilla Edition and a few Unofficial Patch updates, but that's about it. It's probably still the best for modding just because it's one of, if not the only way to play with a selection of the bigger mods, so long as they do not conflict too much. This little write-up will go over what the mods in the installer do and which are incompatible.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Can you install a newer version of Wesp's patch on top of CQM or are you relegated to using the one that comes with the mod?

Nope. However, the modder is currently focusing on updating the current version of CQM with the newest unofficial patch.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

McSpanky posted:

The plus patch made Fat Larry vanish from the game for me, and multiple reloads never fixed it. Replaying the game obviously isn't a problem and all, but drat, what an unfortunate glitch.

The patch places him in an alley. Did you check everywhere or just his usual area?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I think the actual voice actor for Lacroix did all the new Lacroix lines. Other than that, I recall the fresh talent being okay at best.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

Does Presence give any new dialogue options or is it just a boring debuff full stop?

In vanilla, it's a boring debuff. I think Camarilla Edition adds or is planning to add to pursuasion.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Fosson posted:

Okay, so has CQM been updated past 3.0? Trying to grab the latest, but I noticed that it may not have been updated to also be used with Wesp's latest fan patch. Could I install the fan patch and then CQM on top of it if that is the case? I'll dig a little deeper, but a lot of that info doesn't seem to be updated in the past year, year and a half.

e: looks like they can't be combined. I guess the remaining question is, is there a new CQM version floating around? Seems neat, I've not played since last year and haven't completed the game, so I guess worst case scenario the UP 8.8 or whatever will be fine for now. I just saw that CQM was highly goon recommended these days and want the best experience possible.

There is a version of CQM that somebody made which at least includes the library level.

http://www.planetvampire.com/forum/index.php?topic=6307.0

I don't actually know if it has the rest of the patch that introduced the library level, though. This is, however, the the most likely option until Burgermeister finishes the next actual update.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

So... mods. Camarilla, Final Nights, whatever. Which are good, which are compatible with each other and Wesp's patch?

Generally, VtMB mods do not play nice with each other unless you use the Clan Quest Mod, which has an installer for a bunch of different mods. Even then, you need to keep track of what mods in the installer may conflict with each other. I know that the Planet-Vampire page for it has a tab detailing each of the mods and what they clash with.

Edit: Here's the page for it, just go to Integrated Mods

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Yes, but which are good and worth playing? The final Wesp patch readme notes that it shouldn't be installed alongside any mods - is that correct?

The mods all have to update to the latest patch before they play nice. Clan Quest is currently a fair bit behind on the patches. I think Camarilla Edition is the most up to date and I seem to remember it being fairly good when I played it with Clan Quest. I also liked the Arsenal Mod, which changes and updates the weapons and adds some stuff, like grenades.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

NeoSeeker posted:

It's safe to assume mod VO is garbage, just sayin..

I believe there is some LaCroix voice acting where they got the actual actor for CQM.

But there is also some other characters who have different VAs for the CQM stuff that is either bad or just too different to not detract from it.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Copper Vein posted:

Best song is actually Swamped.

Fittingly enough, I had already been introduced to Darling Violetta from the earlier VTM game, Redemption.

Bloodlines got me to look up Lacuna Coil and Chiasm; I wouldn't recommend the latter.

One of the more minor reasons I ended up getting this game was watching a bit of a Let's Play and seeing that Lacuna Coil was in it. Comalies was a good album.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I just hope they let Brian Mitsoda write all the Malkavian dialogue again.

Looking over the responses to that tweet suggests that Mitsoda is down for a new Vampire game, though I'm basing this off a tweet lumping him with someone else, who responds for him. So it could just be a string of people talking out their rear end.

Not related to the news but I haven't seen anyone mention news regarding the next CQM update. A couple months back the creator announced that 4.0 would include a new Sabbat storyline, as well as a new hub area.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Soonmot posted:

Hey, when did they make so Heather could join you on missions? I just started a fresh play through and there are a bunch options for her.

The old Companion Mod had it and the Clan Quest Mod includes an option for a "Companion Mod Lite" which limits the companions to Heather and Yukie. I am pretty sure you can use this to prevent her from dying, too.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Never tried that, what does it do? Knowing the AI in this game it sounds like needless babysitting.

They basically just follow you around and are functionally immortal. If they behave properly they fight alongside you, with any weapons you give them, and they can be used to carry extra poo poo.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

CQM also includes an installer for other mods like the aforementioned Arsenal, a lite version of Companion, and others. I don't remember if the actual installer explains what mods don't interact well but any place you download CQM from should have a spot for it.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

does it come with the unofficial fan patch or do you need to install them both separately

Not the most recent one but the one it comes with is perfectly serviceable. It doesn't have the library or the library quest but people were generally pretty down on it unless something changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Make sure to get the unofficial patch and poo poo! First time playing?

The GoG version already has the Unofficial Patch I believe.

• Locked thread