Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Profondo Rosso posted:

Sorry people trinidad James owns. Beyond all gold everything his whole mixtape is p. awesome. 100 % rather listen to say madden on the game cube then absoul rant about chemtrails and the illuminati or w/e even if he is a way more skilled rapper

Ab-Soul's rants are hilarious and are maybe half of why I listen to his poo poo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

alansmithee posted:

There's a lot of history of conspiracy raps that talk about things of varying levels of plausibility. Whether this is a good thing or not I'm not 100% sure.

My intro to him was Control System and apart from "Terrorist Threats" there isn't even that much conspiracy rap in there. In terms of topics discussed it's pretty bog-standard.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

John Brown posted:

Wu-tang? Why do so many suburban teenagers go back to the 90s when starting off with rap? I know a group of kids who know nothing about rap but think NWA, old 3-6, and of course OF, are the poo poo. Then they harp of guys like Gucci and what not for being bad people. What is this about?

For a lot of people here it was what your older brothers listened to (either then or in the past).

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I loooove the production on this

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Got my download from the LP. I'll say it again, production on this thing rules. Ghost hasn't skipped a beat either.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Bob NewSCART posted:

Need some good weed smoking music. Doesn't have to actually have anything to do with weed to be a good weed smoking song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIwFwh57__U

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

thathonkey posted:

It is interesting to see what effects lsd might have on musicians in genres outside of lovely jam band bs and classic rock.

We know at least the underachievers, chance, and danny are acquainted with lucy. Any other notable rap artists that i am missing?

Ab-Soul's Pineal Gland is about DMT. I think Meech from Flatbush Zombies goes as L.S.Darko too, and considering their output I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection there.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Speaking of, I've always enjoyed the hell out of KGR as a feature, where should I start with his solo output?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

GET MONEY posted:

Never listened always skipped over until this page. Production is great but the raps on that kinda corny 90's flow tip. What are all these preposterous words? Back to the new French Montana..nice and wavy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0s8KOtoiA

I'm not the biggest French fan but that song is pretty good

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Profondo Rosso posted:

Most hip hop skits suck and get skipped on every listening. However, some are awesome and make me laugh every time. Method man intro is by far my favorite, what are some other good ones.

"I'll fuckin' sew your rear end in a top hat closed, and keep feedin' you, and feedin' you, and feedin' you, and feedin' you..."

Most of the early Wu skits were pretty funny.

Also I'm getting around to listening to MF DOOM and dude sounds a lot (to me) like GZA on Born Like This. Which is a good thing, so thanks to those who were pushing him a few posts ago.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

40 lbs to freedom posted:

am i the only one who thinks r.a. the rugged man is really boring and even more corny cause i honestly cant ever listen to more than like 15 seconds of any song

i want to like him and all but he's tiresome as hell and seems like he raps fast for the sake of rapping fast

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm just going by the tracks I've heard by him where he wasn't a feature (I don't really mind him as a feature as much). I dunno, I guess it gets to the point where I can't even understand what he's saying sometimes. I have nothing against speed, just his brand of it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

The beat for Numbers On the Boards reminds me a lot of Wamp Wamp off HHNF. I like it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

John Brown posted:

Don't be a clown. Is there a problem with me not liking a beat?

Do you not agree that a good amount of the music posted here would be considered weird by a lot of people?

No, but it's kinda rude to phrase it like everyone else likes lovely music :shobon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I know I'm late but Indigoism is fantastic from 1-17. Even the weak tracks aren't tracks I'd skip.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Finally got through the French album and there's a single song I didn't skip, and it was one of the Youtubed ones from here. Not for me I guess :shobon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Yeah that's pretty sweet, but Ab's pronunciation of "you don't even know it" was hilarious. I mean, I know why he did it that way, but still.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I don't really care for Riff Raff one way or the other but dude seems pretty funny and self-aware.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

HoneyBoy posted:

Come on my dude, Digable Planets?

edit: Check out Black Up, it was one of my favorite hip-hop albums of 2011.

:slick:

Black Up is pretty sweet. Very minimalist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5LgCaxrbpc

The pretentious rear end titles are a little much, but don't let that turn you off.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 29, 2013

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Rap dudes buying albums because some crusty old rich guys name is dropped :allears:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

thathonkey posted:

I like some Spanish rap... I dont speak very much but it sounds good to my ears :shrug:

Same here. I don't speak a word of it, either.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I like that Malice track but drat, dude sounds like Eminem in the chorus

thanks for the A.Dd+, though, this stuff rules!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Drake Bate posted:

aw, you didn't post the group photo.

hoping for a 20 minute track of just all of them going in.

edit: and with no ID producing on this, I am unusually - cautiously - optimistic for a new Em album, :ohdear:

Disturbing lack of Bronson :v:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

RBX posted:

His movie. Note the canned in Drake inclusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NljaGoh_8-Q

Dude is trying to light big cigars with a bic :cmon:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Prodigy and Alchemist's Albert Einstein came out today too. Anyone pick that up yet?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Posts from a few pages back suggest it's good

I just realized there have been streams of the whole thing for a couple days now :downs:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fia4TdeY8dg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTucX1tPsUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNZw3kcuhCg

Albert Einstein is p. good

So is Saaab Stories, though. Alligator and Seven Series Triplets both own bones

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Saaab Stories and Albert Einstein are almost all I've been spinning this week. Kismet too. God drat.

I can't stand Mac Miller but some of the beats on his newest are actually pretty good. He's nowhere near as annoying when he does his kinda monotone flow he has going on most tracks. Colour me surprised!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Really hope the Wu beef is quashed because I'm seeing them next month and I'd love to see the whole gang together.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

SaberToothedPie posted:

"Official" version of Kush Coma played on BBC Radio 1, this version with a verse from A$AP Rocky. It's pretty good.

http://www.ddotomen.com/2013/06/15/danny-brown-feat-asap-rocky-kush-coma/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Old is gonna be album of the year

also lol at censoring blunt/kush, that's half the song

cryme posted:

lol you said this in the year of our lord 2013

I routinely get burned for my optimism. also they don't ever come here

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 16, 2013

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

I like Rock a lot because he's so different stylistically from the other guys in Black Hippy. Unfortunately, that's kind of why he gets overlooked, because he's so different that people sometimes just forget he's associated with them.

Yeah agreed. He also frequently kills it as a feature. One of my fave Jay verses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqaICbBS3ng

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Deniro Farrar just released The Patriarch II for $1 :catstare:

http://denirofarrar.bandcamp.com/

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Yeah I'm very pleased with TP2. Dude's been outputting a lot recently.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Goddamn this review is hilarious but I agree with what he has to say about the music.

edit: oops I meant to post that in the Kanye thread sorry

"If you a hipster muthafucka ya fedora probably did a backflip on ya wig the moment ya heard this poo poo tho."

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Freddie Soprano :unsmith:

:smith:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Eastside Moonwalker is definitely a standout on ESGN but FAME has a ridiculous beat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-zQNB8aKnA

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I think my list so far is this:

Indigoism
Albert Einstein
Kismet
12 Reasons to Die
ESGN
Patriarch 1-2
King Remembered in Time
Saaab Stories

I liked a couple songs off Long.Live.A$AP and (to my surprise) Mac Miller's new album but not enough to put them on the list. I also think ESGN would've been better if it was just a shorter version with tracks 9-18 but I'll leave it on there.

Kind of weird that it's pretty much the same list that I saw earlier but hey v:shobon:v also need to give New Jet City a proper listen, as well as Killah Priest's stuff and Czarface.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Acid Rain is the only song off Acid Rap I really liked, but it wasn't terrible or anything.

Run the Jewels owns though and Get It is a great song but that annoying rear end chorus aaaagh

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

I think I like Run the Jewels better than ESGN because RTJ doesn't have Big Kill on it.

The best songs off ESGN don't have him tho :frogbon:

no but seriously I actually listen to those songs and look forward to how goofy as gently caress big kill is about to sound every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Should be the other way around on those openers/main features

• Locked thread