Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
I've been running that aospCMod since Jan, before the camera worked. It's crazy how much faster it's gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

nate fisher posted:

I am amazed to this day that most consumers have zero idea of the advantages of a Nexus phone. I would say 95% have no idea.

It makes sense, but it's a bit of a shame, because a lot more people would probably actually enjoy using an Android phone if they could use stock. Well, THESE days, at least, with 4.0. This is what Android should of been for a long time, bit of a shame it took this long though.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

The Entire Universe posted:

I live in a city with about a million fewer inhabitants than Phoenix, that's probably why. It seems the network has a hard time scaling well with high populations, because I'll consistently get usable speeds (maybe 2-300k/s) unless there's some kind of physical obstacle like being in a parking lot. Hopefully both that and your problems get fixed with NV.

Over 4G? Because my 3G speeds have been poo poo for a while now, I'd be lucky to use 300mb a month over it.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
Alright, so I live in a basement apartment, and am no stranger to having a low signal. However, I have never once missed a text/had one come late/etc, missed a call, dropped a call, had voicemail not come through for a few hours, etc, but the last two days have been really bad for all those things. Thanks to calls dropping left and right, I can't even update my PRL or Profile to see if that will even remotely do anything (though, I'm pretty sure I've updated both in the last month or two anyway...). Since I'm on EPRP, should I call the SERO/EPRP number that's in the OP and bitch at them until I get a free Airave? The 3G in Milwaukee is already terrible enough (if you can even get a signal! Outside! Downtown!), but I'd like to be able to use my phone in my house, ha.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Call the number in the OP that says signal booster, they help customers on all accounts.

Thanks, I will give that a try later. I know the Nexus S doesn't have the strongest radios or anything, but I'm wondering what the hell has happened in the last few days to cause my indoor signal to become basically non-existent at all.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

brc64 posted:

In my opinion, the ICS version of the Gmail app alone is worth upgrading. I really missed that when I went back to Gingerbread on my Evo 3D (from an early build of MeanROM)

This times a million. I looked at some screenshots of the non-ICS Gmail app and boy did I forget how awful it looks.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

ZeroAX posted:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49408877

Looks like Softbank bought 70% of Sprint. Hope this means NV gets rolled out sooner.

I hope this means 3G in Milwaukee can open Facebook pages in less than 4 minutes.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
So... Sprint knows there are more than just two people on their network in Milwaukee right? 3G here is almost completely useless.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Ozmodiar posted:

Found this on S4GRU...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3101-map-of-current-and-coming-soon-sprint-lte-cities/

Fantastic...nothing happening at all in Ohio.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I live in Milwaukee, which I know is not a huge metropolis area or anything, but it'd be nice to actually be able to use 3g. It wasn't so bad when I first signed up, but it's been pretty bad the last year or so. Really just need to switch already, EPRP is nice and all, but what's the point if I can't even use it?

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
Would be nice if Sprint remembered Wisconsin existed. I know Milwaukee isn't the biggest city, but blah.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=12529

Anyone who has a WiMax phone can leave or upgrade .

So you're telling me I can ditch my Nexus S before January? Nice. :cheers:

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone have any complaints about the Nexus 5 (well, minus any complaints about Sprint's network)? Believe it or not, I am STILL using a Nexus S, and it's about drat time to get something newer, and being able to take it to another carrier in the future is a nice perk..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

McPhearson posted:

My only real complaint about it so far is the microphone being on the bottom. I talk kinda light so a lot of people complain they can't hear me until I turn the phone on its side and talk directly into it. Other than that the phone is pretty awesome.

Awesome, thanks! I regularly lurk a lot of the Android threads in IYG and I know it doesn't have the best camera or anything, but that isn't really that much of a big deal to me at all, can't wait to finally upgrade this drat thing.