Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Madkal posted:

There are only two body types in the world. Doughboy and chiseled adonis.

I have the chest of the latter but the midriff of the former!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Keromaru5 posted:

As far as poorly-drawn children are concerned, nothing quite proves June Brigman's point like the final issues of Power Pack.

The first time I saw this cover while looking through back issues, I thought it was going to be some kind of confusing flash-forward with the kids as teenagers. The kid in yellow? He's supposed to be about 8.

:manning: is all I see.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Begemot posted:

The average comic book artist has the same ability to draw a child as a medieval monk, apparently.

To the best of my knowledge that kind of weirdness was so extremely common because wealthy benefactors would actually pay the artists to paint them as some saint's baby. That's how we got so many extremely adult-looking babies hanging around in medieval paintings.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That one guy has enough pouches to make Cable blush.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

Also Q has a current Sci-Fi series running called Dai Dark, if you want even more of her deranged style, this time in a sci-fi setting!

The Fist of Dredd clenching.

More so than usual, I mean.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wait, I thought Snowflame was Marvel? I'm not sure why, I have only ever seen him in singular panels where he bellowed "I am SnowFLAME" at nobody, but he feels Marvel.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Adam Driver, surely?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

goatface posted:

Being scowly and having two knives is all he has.

In the Days of Future Past movie, Warpath had the most darkly funny deaths. His friends just got brutally owned by the Sentinels who now converge on him, and he pulls a loving knife, scowls and dies.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I have no neck, and I must scream.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

Maybe when they finally get around to adapting Dan Slott's Mighty Avengers arc "The Unspoken", featuring the original Inhuman King whose name cannot be spoken except multiple people do and they censor out his name, so it's reasonable to assume that it's Shitfucker.

Someone replace all the Inhumans' faces with :mad:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Uh, yeah that She-Hulk cover filled my screen for some very scary and very long moments. It's pretty much perfect.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That's the kind of anatomy you get with America's health care.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Try to let your eyes settle on one perspective in this panel.

V...- Comics #1 (1942)
Pencils & Inks: Roland Patenaude

Pencils & Inks: M.C. Escher.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Is the good/bad costume designs thread still kicking around? Because I have much to say on the topic regarding this drawing.

Yeah, the brown mixed into the American flag costume is very clever.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Batman wants you to check out his new shoes

Is his costume supposed to be bright white? I mean, if this wasn't in b&w. Because that's what the shading of his mouth and chin makes me think.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TwoPair posted:

It was in B&W.

Hence the "if". Could be that it's Snow Action Batman, or something.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

It's not Liefeld

It's just like Liefeld in that you laugh harder the longer you look at it. Like the three random spare bullets strapped to Reed's ankle. Or that the part of Reed's body necessary to carry that big-rear end gun like that is the least muscular.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

When Hrolf says 'splendor', Hrolf means his own beard.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

i kinda like this for just how bizarre it is.

"drat. Ground floor already."

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Scarecrow is having non of this poo poo :colbert:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

stratdax posted:

I didn't notice the dinosaur until you guys talked about it because I was so fixated on Bane's three foot long neck / collarbone arrangement.

Yeah if you focus on it the T-Rex is super goofy, but so is the hulking mass of Bane, and that is what draws my eye.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Now there’s a unique new character,regeneration but depending in how severe it is you could end up with a regenerated finger that grew too long or a gunshot wound that overcompensated and ends up a huge mass of flesh just poking out.

I hate that regeneration always conforms to exactly what it once was,wolverine gets burnt to a single drop of blood and somehow ends up the same height colour and look with perfect hair.

Isn't that Deadpool?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

theironjef posted:

I'd say it looks like Peter Chung stuff but she has pants on.

She has?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

It's aerodynamic!

Wind goes past it?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Someone should glue googley eyes on a printout like with those X-Men comics.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

He's also resting his huge fist on SW's boob.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

I feel like it's supposed to be the xeno's tail going through her head but there's no blood so it looks just enough like a bug trying to go down her throat and at this point I'm too afraid to ask for confirmation

There's little legs on the thing, the way they're positioned tells me it's a bug crawling into her mouth. Probably a lovely facehugger alternative because the old design wasn't rapey enough.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

"Have the dicks been briefed?"

"Yes, Mister President."

"How long did it take?"

"..."

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Keromaru5 posted:

I wanted to say I actually do something similar sometimes when I draw. When I feel like starting out sketchy and loose, I'll hold the pencil over my pinky, almost horizontally, and as I go along and add more details, I'll gradually move it between the next set of fingers, until I'm holding it normally. Can't explain for the life of me what he's doing with his thumb, though.

I just want to say that it is extremely entertaining following the conversation without having seen the clip, my imagination is running wild.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BooDooBoo posted:

It's a bit more complicated and scummy than that...

Back in 1996 Captain America, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Avengers were selling poorly, so a deal was made for Image founders Rob Liefeld and Jim Lee to take over the books and to reboot them. Liefeld took on Cap and Avenger, Lee took FF and Iron Man.

By issue 6 the Liefeld books were late, selling badly, and deeply unpopular, so Marvel triggered a clause and took them of Liefeld and gave them to Lee to finish up the Heroes Reborn "experiment".

Liefeld then took the Captain America art they had and scribbled over it to create the BOLD NEW CHARACTER: Rob Liefeld's Agent America!

Of course Marvel pointed out that Agent America was literally just a redrawn Captain America book, with the same sidekick and Red Skull turned into a robot, and started legal action.

This is when Rob licensed Fighting American and redrew the same art to feature FA instead.

God bless Rob and his lovely, lovely art.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The good agemt seems to be sitting on his own head.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I love all of them even though the perspective makes no goddamn sense in the second one.

Also Frank's left leg just kind of awkwardly treading water behind that jet ski in the third one.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tony: "Because if we can't protect the earth, you can be drat well sure we'll avenge it."

Frank, from off-screen: "And punish you! We are so gonna punish you all!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

It looks like he is chewing through his licorice helmet.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I know this one is pretty much the standard for terrible covers

But i think this one is close

Oh my god, the OVERPOWER card game. I think I have a few of those cards somewhere. Or maybe I threw them out, they were butt-ugly.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The eyes of of a killer.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Also, her face is just one flat surface with nose and mouth and whatnot painted on. Very Picasso.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Selachian posted:

That Wolverine's got no nose, how does he smell?

Like an unwashed animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Esplanade posted:

There's a reason Adam-X doesn't get any respect.

(Okay, several reasons, but the cap doesn't help.

Very careful there not to steal Wolverine's catchphrase, very respectful.