Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Here's a bunch from one specific poster at FSU's warchant. It's not quite the racist wunderland that caste is, but I like to think it's pretty good.

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7315
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Meet your new coaching staff.... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HC...Fisher
DC...Al Groh
OC...Frig

use bowden saved cash to hire these 2

**************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7200
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Will FSU fans ever learn Admin | Edit | Reply
to handle the burden of once being a Dynasty?

JMO but when that burden is not there, the season suddenly takes on a totally different perspective. Just a thought but when the kids and fans start enjoying the great sport of CFB rather than whining and bitching about it FSU will be on its way back.

***************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7079
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: Manny Diaz sure did impress us all tonight, didn't he? Admin | Edit | Reply

Originally posted by FSU91:
Ouch ...

Troy scored 31 points and racked up 455 yards of offense on this young mastermind including 264 rushing yards on 49 carries. That's a nice 5.4 yards per carry.

Man, I can't wait to have him come on board as our DC.

Hopefully this will help put an end to the idea of him coming on board as a DC at FSU next year.

This post was edited on 10/6 11:48 PM by FSU91

As usual 91 Spot on! Hey Diaz may or may not be the answer. It is most amusing how you rile up the GRASS is GREENER crowd. You do realize they know more about talent evaluation of coaches than anyone in the game today?

Watch out 91' They be comin' to getcha! LOL

**********************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7069
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: Mike Bianchi comin out swingin at Ann Bowden Admin | Edit | Reply
I love how Bianchi panders to this misguided fan base. FSU fans agreeing with a Gator writer whose agenda against FSU is legendary. LOL

Whenever a gator journalist comes out in defense of a position guarantee it is not to FSU's benefit.

**********************************************************************************************************

Originally posted by WAR PAINT:
Fans against former FSU players that totally support Bobby his family etc.???
What do they know about Bowden compared to some angry message board poster?

Could it be they understand what the IMAGE of FSU means to many of the Nation and who brought FSU that image??

Geesh!

Can someone on the other side tell me how this is a good thing for anyone truly concerned about FSU?

So the only ones FSU should listen to are bunch of angry fans that wouldn't even be complaining had FSU beat Miami and USF.

This segment of our fan base is becoming a NATIONAL DISGRACE and the laughing stock of CFB.

You reap what you sow!

I Know the drill... "Is that you Bobby, JB, Ann etc?" And the answer is always the same Nope! I just see how incredibly misguided our fan base has become to what truly is best for FSU.

NewsFlash! IT AIN'T BOBBY THAT IS DESTROYING THE PROGRAM!

I repeat until the FSU fan base stops its whining and learns to support the program WIN or LOSE the downward spiral will continue. You don't get success by trashing the coaches and players. jmo

Oh and if you think Derrick Brooks will back this angry misguided fan movement you are crazy! He just got a taste of it in Tampa.

****************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Golden Chief
Post #7035
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
What do Smith, Trickett, 12 feet, and 72 inches have in common? Admin | Edit | Reply
Rick Trickett......

Lets just get down to the issue.
With all the rumblings going on in Tallahassee, RT is so thankful the spotlight is on BB and not him. In my opinion,(according what most of you think about coaching making the difference) if RT would have done his job, Jim Smith would have not said a word. we would be sitting 4-1 and looking goog for the remainder of the season.

Against USF, all we needed to do was gain 12 feet in four downs to punch it in. We could not get 12 feet, and as a matter of fact lost about 30 feet.

You would think the OL and RT would show some resolve, get a gut check, inpose their will the very next opportunity they had.

Well 7 days later they had their chance. This time the distance was cut in half to 6 feet. First and goal from the 2. Last weeks collapse in their mind. So in 4 plays we cant get 6 feet, a distance less than the heigth of each lineman. 4 plays and we got about 24 inches. Six inches a play.

Are you serious? I assure you Lincoln HS could have scored on one of thosre possessions.

Rick Trickett are you serious?]

If you truely can make the difference then DO SO.

**************************************************************************************************************

The fact that the same posters continually bumped the thread shows how childish and infantile they really are. They are just a bunch of crybabies that need to be spanked and put to bed.

Hopefully, one day they will develop a SPINE with character, decency, ethics, integrity, and honesty that cheers WIN OR LOSE AND SUPPORTS THE TEAM AND COACHES to replace that one filled with spoiled, undeserved entitlement that just enjoys whining and whimpering and feeling sorry for themselves... Absolutely Pathetic!

I bet their hero was the fan that carried the sign degrading Chris Rix!

They indeed are the cancer that is killing FSU. Nothing to do with the players or coaches busting their asses every day

*******************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #9203
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: would we be 6-1 (4-0) if changes werent made? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fisher and every member of the staff are here either directly or indirectly due to Bowden. His exit was handled poorly by FSU. FSU will be the only school in history to kick a Head Coach to the curb with the longest winning and bowl streak in Division One Bowl streak at his exit.

That is now part of the historical record.

Every change that was made could have been made with out the train wreck and that is why Fisher in his own words stated he had no problems with Bowden returning for one last season and judging by the success this year is it any wonder why Bobby wanted that one more year. Senior QB Veteran OL lots of talented young players returning?

Its OK though after all Fisher is just winning with Bobby's players that all were brought in under his tenure although a couple Jones and Green took a bit more convincing to come to FSU after Bobby's uncomfortable exit.

All the changes that occurred this year would never have happened had it not been for Bowden. He hired Fisher and many of the coaches.

Do you guys also dislike Fisher who certainly doesn't share your opinion of Bowden? Gosh, I thought everyone was excited about all that he has done.

***********************************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #9210
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: would we be 6-1 (4-0) if changes werent made? Reply

As to the extra cash I am not sure that Bobby wouldn't have taken very little above his severance if it meant FSU making additional hires. laughing dog

There is nothing mysterious about the "black eye". The benefit to the program would be FSU would not look like a bunch of disrespectful rubes in handling the exit of Bowden to the nation. A farewell tour would have been a great promotion for FSU to the nation and would have put FSU in a wonderful positive light.

Thankfully, the train wreck is attributable to only two individuals, and hopefully next season a proper game will be set up for Bowden. He remains a most visible and important asset to the program throughout the nation.

All this disrespect and angst towards the man is not in FSU's best interest. Our head coach respects and holds the highest esteem for BOBBY and has said so many times.. The big question is why can't you?

************************************************************************************************

Peasant

Head Coach
Post #10153
Charlotte
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Bowden on Hannity - the problem is a lack of candor Reply

The Nation Treasures Bobby Bowden.

This is my favorite part of these threads, WAR PAINT saying stupid poo poo like this. That seriously made me laugh out loud. I can just picture a family of four in Wyoming gathered around the tube after dinner and listening intently with warm smiles on their faces as Hannity interviews Bobby. After the interview is over, the father tells his kids in a somber and serious manner that they were blessed to watch that great man's interview, and to realize that they were witnesses to a living, national treasure.

********************************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #8456
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: What does Dot and A2005 think of FSU SEC? Reply

I read somewhere that Jimbo Fisher is not in favor of going to the SEC.

*****************************************************************************************************************

WAR PAINT

Assistant Coach
Post #8415
Suwanee, Ga.
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: I like Jeff Cameron Reply

Originally posted by bayou georgebears:
Yes he is and that is the type of childish behavior you are a fan of. If he was anything more than a Johnny come lately he would be on a real station by now. There is always a freshman class at FSU so there will always be enough immature kids to keep him on the air. He will never get off of that little AM station because his toilet humor is tired and played out. His opinions on sports is worthless because he uses way to much hyperbole and makes too many attacks on players and coaches.

He is a shock Jock, just because he can't get away with howard sterns crap doesn't mean he is any different.

Agree. Such types appeal to the lowest common denominator of sports fans. He really has only one purpose, and that is for those with self loathing and entitlement issues to focus on coaches and players that oddly define their own self worth.

Once the transfer has occurred those players or coaches are the reason for all their misery as they soak down a few more cry in your beers at the local pub. How odd it must be to kiss gator butt and boo the home team?

That they expect some sort of praise for such behavior is the ultimate paradox as they scream "Garnet and Gold glasses" like it was the worst attribute one could have. Always thought that is what defined a true fan.

Personally, I hold the highest regard for those that understand football is just a game, cheer win or lose, and support the home team through thick and thin. I believe that is called CHARACTER. Losing is never enjoyable but overreacting is a bit foolish and childish. JMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ben is not cool posted:

From some auburn fan via tigerdroppings, in relation to the SEC West story that is about to drop from yahoo:

This is when college football gets a bit scary. At least TAMU's fake army is funny and not just creepy. People living their lives like this.... :ohdear:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6830317

Basically all the comments for that

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oooooh there's a big difference between aggies and longhorns and gators and tigers

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Rolltidebball posted:

Re: QB Jameis Winston Updates (Page 24)

The Winston Circus has gone on for way too long. I would love to see Saban contact him and let him know that the Fun and Games are over and that he no longer has a scholarship offer from Alabama. Then leak it out to the media. It would send a message that one player is not going to make or is bigger than a program. Trust me, many of the teammates that have seen and lived with Winston's antics up close and personal, don't respect him. Too much about him. It would be great if Saban told him to go elsewhere. We can afford it.

Never...had him in the first place...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

To give you an example of what people pay hundreds of dollars for, here's a series of posts from FSU pay site warchant.

Paid recruiting writer Michael Langston posted:

Nugget: Behind the scenes for 2012 class

Yes I know many were hoping to hear something newsworthy about Alphonse Taylor situation, but I'm not going to put it out there to embarrass the kid. I honestly don't care where he signed. It was my fault of mentioning that I would discuss this without checking that it was alright to discuss this further. This isn't the TMZ and I was wrong stating I would provide this follow up and I apologize. Other sites might not have a problem with it but I just don't feel comfortable discussing information that will be more personal than anything. Now for the rest of the stuff.

With Chris Casher, his recruitment was basically over last spring as Dameyune Craig was the only coach that made sure that FSU would stick with him if he didn't qualify. Casher was still at Faith Academy at the time and was a pretty big risk academically. However, Craig set a plan about what Casher needed to get done in the classroom and built the trust that we always talk about. People wonder why he was always solid to FSU, well there you go. That's the type of work Dameyune Craig brings to the table.

Despite what Dante Fowler has stated, many close to him stated to me that he has been a Florida Gator for a month and a half. He even took visits to Florida when he said that he was at home. Example the Florida/Vanderbilt game - FSU had a feeling about what was going on, but as Gene mentioned, Fowler never told the staff 'I'm not coming'. FSU even tried contacting Fowler the days leading up to NSD when they were able to make calls. P.J. Williams even gave me a call a week before NSD and said that he believes Fowler is going to be a Gator because he was talking up UF to him.

Marvin Bracy's recruitment was over once Charlie Weis started recruiting him. From what I heard, Bracy wasn't a big fan of Weis and didn't like the fact that Weis spent more time showing off his rings then actually telling Bracy about the school. As mentioned a long time ago, Marvin seemed all set for Miami since he grew up liking them. However, the game two years ago at Miami is what turned the tide as Marvin was talking trash to his mentor Ricky Argro about how bad the Canes were going to beat FSU. Obviously FSU crushed the Canes and the rest was history with Mr. Bracy there and his love for FSU.

Despite what anyone believes Mario Edwards and Jameis Winston never wavered in their commitments to Florida State. Mario was always going to sign with FSU from what I've been told. There was some brief home sick stuff, but that was basically just Mario getting used to the fact that he's going to be on his own. Winston was over since the Clemson game, if not earlier. Alabama was never a major factor as some believed. But because of the constant pressure, Winston would simply tell fans or people around him that he is still considering them. He was one of the most active recruits for FSU all year long, even before he committed. In fact, Jameis told me that four weeks before he was to make his public commitment, he was already getting together a list of players to call. As his HC Matt Scott stated, this one was never as close as many believed.

Nothing really surprising but Menelik Watson, Ronald Darby, Colin Blake and Reggie Northrup all committed when they took their visits to Florida State. In fact, FSU knew even before the official visit Northrup was in the bag. As I said when he took the Clemson visit, it was mainly to get away from the pressure of coaches calling him and simply to have fun. His decision was over for about a month. Also, not surprisingly I've been told from my First Coast contacts 2013 LB Daniel McMillian is far from over and many close to the program feel eventually FSU will land him despite how much Daniel likes Florida at this stage.

For those that think Colin Blake and Ronald Darby came out of nowhere? Well that is not accurate. The Seminole staff had been on both of these guys for three and a half years. Darby was actually going to take a surprise visit on an open date last season, but when word got out the visit was cancelled by Darby to not tip anyone off.

The conversation from Leonard Williams to FSU staff was one final push from FSU. Unfortunately, since Fowler was pretty clear about how much another DE bothered him, the Seminoles were hot and cold about Williams. One source close to Williams told me that if Fowler wasn't in the picture and FSU showed Leonard for sure he was their guy, then the chances of him ending up at FSU were pretty high. The source also made clear that out of all the teams, Leonard felt that USC made him their top guy at DE. Florida State worked on Williams late, but the trust just wasn't there. This was a situation comparable to Northrup in that FSU worked on that kid for two months to make sure he knew how much of a priority he was. FSU never got that chance with Leonard, so that hurt their chances. Nothing really new here, but just wanted to pass that along.

Although it was never said in public, FSU felt that Goldman was theirs around the time of their summer camp. There wasn't a big concern about Alabama and main recruiter Sal Sunseri as some believe or to be honest, what I believed. I'm also told Goldman talked with Justin Shanks everyday and Mario Edwards every other day about FSU. In fact, Shanks was the one that would suggest to Goldman which schools to visit that he would have the most fun at. Goldman told this group when they visited at the camp he was a Nole.

This even surprised me, but after talking to several people I trust, many had Tracy Howard as the top CB in the nation. But that wasn't the case with FSU's board. In fact, I hear the top guy on that board at corner was Ronald Darby and very high on that list as well was Colin Blake. Howard was at the top for some recruiters, but I didn't get the impression it was that way for FSU. I held out this for a while because I didn't want to put it out there with how things were trending with Howard. But just to let you know I got this information around the time of the FSU summer camp.

Finally, a few notes on Markuss Eligwe and Justin Shanks. Eligwe was supposedly wavering on the commitment after a visit to California, but I wouldn't pay much attention to that. It was basically a quick rush after the visit, but he was always going to sign with FSU. Now Shanks got a last minute pitch from Auburn, but it didn't matter as FSU had already sealed him up since the FSU camp and his official visit. The best comment I ever heard about recruiting in Alabama is if those in-state schools mess up, you have a chance with the door being slightly open. That certainly happened as Craig waited for the opportunity to pounce for each and didn't let off the gas. For Shanks, Auburn took for granted and put him on the back burner, not thinking he would consider anyone out of state, same for Winston as Alabama thought he was a lock and then Casher the same as they thought he wouldn't qualify.

I know there will also be a lot of questions about P.J. Williams, but he entertained Miami and told people even close to him they he was seriously considering them. However, he had no intentions of leaving FSU. Alabama didn't believe PJ would ever leave, so they told him he couldn't visit, but he did convince Miami.

That's about all the stuff I have about a few things I held back throughout the recruiting process.

quote:

Lot of really impressive stuff in this. Most notably that FSU's coaching staff had been recruiting both Darby and Blake for 3 1/2 years now. Really impressed that FSU started recruiting two kids, half way across the country, before their sophomore year of high school ball. Even more impressed that they were recruiting Blake at that time since he didnt play as freshman or a sophomore and his junior year was his first year of football (not counting some middle school ball he played). Thats a really impressive staff FSU has, great id'ers of talent

quote:

Well with the recent calling into question of your credibility, one would think you'd be as precise with the info you provide as possible.

Blake hasn't played ball for 3 1/2 years.
Darby was not on the radar either, even 2 years ago.

Okay, it didn't happen overnight, but where did you pull 3 1/2 years from?

[quote = Langston's response]

CG,

I honestly don't have to explain a thing to you as my work is always documented and I even explained the situation about what I put up. You can believe what you want but I know FSU has been on Darby for over two years. I don't need to pound my chest but I'm certainly not going to sit here listen to someone come to the site I work at and basically challenge the truth of what was said. If you are looking for someone that needs to beat their chest about what they know or credibility you got the wrong site. I have no need or time to even do that. Never have and never will. Time to move on.

[/quote]

Literally makes fantastical stuff up and makes sure to tell you he knows something but won't tell you.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sometimes they talk about TV too!

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2150&tid=170876369&mid=170876369&sid=1144&style=2

Tide_2001

TideSports.com
Post #12166
Florida
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Black intellectuals should be ashamed for running D. Chappelle off TV Reply
The Oprah's and the Bill Cosby's of the world cost us about 5 years of "Belly Laughs". I miss me some Rick James.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A woman tried out for the NY Jets kicking today. She had suffered an injury earlier and it didn't go to well

Here's the video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000146619/Tough-day-for-female-kicker

Luckily, NFL.com's video section has live, facebook commenting

quote:

Yeah it's cool she got to do this, but women in the NFL? Her dream is a little ridiculous, just leave the NFL alone, the last thing they need are women, where does it end? A whole WNFL, stupid. Are men NFL cheerleaders next? So dumb

quote:

I haven't seen kicking that bad since I was in elementary school. Quad injury or not, my 5 year old son kicks a football further than that. Media just stop trying to spin this as a failed attempt due to injury. Iv'e seen women in soccer kick with worst injuries than this kicking a ball regardless of the ergonomics associated with the ball.

quote:

Is she the same chick that proposed to Tom Brady in a wedding dress at the SuperBowl media day? Or just another person making a mockery of the NFL? Can't kick the ball off a tee? Really?

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 4, 2013

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

the NFL loves Jimbo Fisher QBs :D

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Cole posted:

Actually let me post some more awesomeness of this:

Jeeeez where're these from

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Upon rumors that RB Dalvin Cook will switch to FSU after committing to UF

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier posted:

Upon rumors that RB Dalvin Cook will switch to FSU after committing to UF

Dulvin Cook preached about the importance of honesty and loyalty while he was trolling the you know what out of everyone associated with the University of Florida.
Why he enjoyed that as much as he did is a matter lost on right minded people but the boi is from the 3-0-5 and folks down there do think a little different .
I was just reading where Bobby Burton, who is more plugged in than any other media person on Texas, has said his gut feeling is Jimbo to Texas next week for at least 30 mil over 5.
Fsu really can't match that. Jimbo appears to be Texas number 1.
Now the beauty of all this is that Dulvin will start class at Fsu a day or two before Jimbo bolts. You see integrity and loyalty is about as important to Jimbo as it is to Dulvin.
So, within a week of starting class with clown state, Dulvin will not have a hbc and who knows what assts Jimbo takes with him.
By then, I expect that Penn State will have snapped up Franklin.
With Jimbo gone, up to 10 or more draft eligible jrs at fsu may opt for the draft.
Fsu will then opt for Bamas dc as their new hbc, big risk there as we know only too well.
Dr dreadlocks, aka lane, will be pleading on twitter for Uf to show him the love.
Dulvin may have a great career but his handling of his decision may bite him in the azz and if things play out this way he may be takin an azz whippin from the Gators a lot sooner than he expected...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.change.org/petitions/coach-bill-o-brien-to-publicly-acknowledge-paterno-supporters-supported-him

quote:

Coach Bill O'Brien: To publicly acknowledge Paterno supporters supported him.

Petition by
Adam Clark
Charlotte, NC

A recent article by David Jones at Penn Live has lead to repeated media blame unfairly being put on Joe Paterno supporters for coach Bill O'Brien's departure from Penn State University's football program. There simply is no evidence that the majority of Joe Paterno supporters did not support Bill O'Brien as head football coach at Penn State and overwhelming evidence that in fact they did support Mr. O'Brien nearly unanimously. By signing this petition you attest that you are a Joe Paterno supporter or know of one who also supported Bill O'Brien during his tenure as head football coach at Penn State and by signing dispute the recent media claims that Mr. Obrien wasn't being supported by Paterno fans.

To:
Coach Bill O'Brien, Houstan Texans head football coach
To publicly acknowledge Paterno supporters supported him.
Sincerely,
[Your name]

quote:

I fully supported OB and I continue to support the effort to vindicate Joe Paterno.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Arschlochkind posted:

I've seen both "Anus Winston" and "BAWWburn" tonight online.

The former is brilliant

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It turns out there's a better thread for this

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 20, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UF fans, in reaction to FSU's weekend celebration for the Championship win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbo5WdTG60k

quote:

JimPOS should have some shame in having played THE MOST PATHETIC SCHEDULE OF ANY MNC TEAM and by having to look the other way with his rapist qb to even do that.

They played one team that finished ranked the whole season and a Duke team that barely stayed in the top 25 for their laughable conference championship. They managed to barely beat a so so Auburn team after losing the fist half handily.

quote:

What a joke.
A 5 yard out pass goes for almost 60 yard because the Auburn secondary goofs up to gift you the game...yep you dominated alright.

quote:

Jimbo is living in a dream world.
Look at each an every game that FSU played. Go back and take each game, one by one and see who they played.
Compare them with whom the other SEC teams played, week in and week out.

quote:

Florida State had the perfect pathway to win it all. Easy, non brutal ACC scedule.
I will grant them the Clemson game.
But check out their season... then...check out the ACCCG... who is Auburn playing? Missouri.
And then, check out the Nolie's game with Auburn, whom the Football Gods smiled upon like no other team in the last 20 years.

quote:

Auburn's weakness was their defense. And that showed up especially in that 5 yard pass that goes for almost 60. That play puts FSU within stiking distance. They parlayed that with the a 6'6" quarterback throwing to a 6'6" Benjamin for the perfect play to snatch the game away from Auburn.

quote:

What was their schedule rated for 2012?
An SEC schedule and Alabama's defense would have chewed them up.
Hey Jimbo, How dominant would you be against our schedule? Ill wait.

quote:

What he should have said:
"To I (or is it "to me?")thishere team dominated like no other team in history, mainly because we played such a soft schedule and are in a conference that has only two real football schools (thanks Bobby). We had several key players who should have been prisoners and I applaud them for destroying evidence, being willing to commit perjury if necessary, and helping cover everthang up in the grand tradition of FSU football. That kind of thang would be a problem with some schools but not at FSU, where we have the local PD and SA in our pocket. But maybe ah shouldn't be talking so much about "prisoners."

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

On Auburn Legacy player Reshaun Evans signing with Bama over Auburn:

quote:

RE: I normally do not post, but my son asked me about the Evans fiasco... Reply

Originally posted by kttucker:
I am originally from Auburn, Alabama. I'm graduated from OHS '90. I am currently serving my country as an Army Officer @ Redstone for the past 20 years. I believe in responsibility, accountability, and commitment.

My oldest son, CJ is now in the 7th grade and plays football RB/WR, basketball (SG), and baseball (CF). He asked me why did RE commit to Bama and not Auburn and his parents attended Auburn?

I took my son outside on the porch and talked to my son about integrity and commitment. I told my son that I was the first member of my family to attend college. I grew up 2 block from Auburn in the projects dreaming of the day I would attend college at Auburn. I had no father figure in my life. I remember growing up when Auburn students would come to the projects and play with us, teach bible study, and mentor us to strive in education. It was one of the best time of my young life. Those Auburn students did not have to do that (back in '80) time frame. God paved a way for me to attend Auburn with the help of the Auburn community and family. You never turn your back on a community who has helped paved the way for you.

I told my son that Auburn stands for something and that's family regardless of race, color, creed, or religion. The community of Auburn is like family. I told him that I was building a path for him as the next generation son to attend Auburn. I also told him about the history of Auburn and what separate us from the Turds.

My son looked at me and said; he will be the next 5* RB/WR, baseball or basketball star and commit to Auburn as soon as he gets an offer. (He's confident). I said why? He said because I trust you dad and I love Auburn because you have paved the way for me to continue a generation.

My son said if I committed to the Turds; it's like turning your back on your community (teachers, friends, and family) that has paved the way for me. I want to attend Auburn not only to be an Engineer but I want to 'knock' the crap out some punk Turd kid on the field.

He said, "I love you dad" and you would never have to worry about me going to the Turds because Auburn is already home because it's not about me; it's about a legacy.

This was the first time, I dropped a tear in from of my son!

War drat Eagle!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chichevache posted:

That is loving nauseating.

There's another thread where they post his home address, speculate on how much his property is REALLY worth,

quote:

Someone report this address, make AHS forfeit all ther games from past couple years. Board will make something change, if this is all true.

quote:

Like JADennis said, I don't think they're getting any money from REC, but the timing of this sale is shady in regard to the family saying that he didn't know where he wanted to play.

For those who don't know, the REC is the "Red Elephant Club." To many Auburn fans, it's a bogeyman bama organization that 'funds' players and/or their schools, threatens, or otherwise sabotages the Auburn Family at every turn, because Alabama is deathly afraid of what a strong Auburn University stands for (Read: the previous post)

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 8, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ACasualObserver Member
4746 posts this site
Posted: 6/12/2013 8:24 AM
I drove by Toomer's Corner

For the first time since the trees were removed, I drove by Toomer's Corner. I am reminded how the NYC skyline looked without the Twin Towers

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

If Miami truly is your "dream school" then you know it already. When you were playing street ball you amagined yourself as one of the "Great Canes" and hell probably still do. Here are just a few reasons why you should go ahead and commit sooner than later. One of the biggest reasons is why delay the inevitable? Commit early so you can go ahead and recruit other kids to your "dream school". The best want to play with the best or at least thats what i thought. Here's an opportunity to truly put your stamp on the program. Forget being selfish and waiting till signing day. If you really want to prove you are a team player then you know what you need to do. Another reason to commit sooner than later is because the recruiting process is very taxing. I have never gone through the process "first hand" but as a fan, I have a front row seat to the madness that is called recruiting. You may think you want the limelight, but personally as an outsider looking in, it looks overated. Another reason is to put on for your city. Not everyone has an opportunity to not only get a ""Miami education", but even fewer have an opportunity to play in front of friends and family. There are just a few reasons. Does anyone want to add to the list? TILL I DIE #stacked2015class

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/tonycheros/status/447579280516468736

FSU played Clemson in baseball and FSU won. Chad Kelly is Clemson's backup QB and is good friends with Jameis.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

bradleygator
Gator Great
Post #1441
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: The REAL reason FSU is not going to the White House Reply

As for no fsu white house visit yet, I assume it's some combination of jimbo's presumably redneck politics and Obama, having just been photo'd embracing known taliban sympathizers.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

does this count as a bad post on a forum?

regarding the convicted steubenville player

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chichevache posted:

They let that gently caress back?

Yeeeeeep. i remember him at least being contrite at the trial, but his accomplice was outwardly combative and a shitheel to boot. I wonder what he was sentenced with.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

IrishGreggy posted:

"Notre Dames PR has equaled Ferguson Missouri Police Department."

quote:

I agree. They are both performing well under trying circumstances. The PR guys can only respond at the behest of and within the parameters of the schools admin. The Ferguson police have to perform amidst the lawless shiftless fatherless underbelly of society day in and day out constrained by liberal notions of law enforcement.
Exactly. So many choose to blame housekeeping for how they failed to properly scrub the toilet when in fact they are simply cleaning up the nasty dump of someone who was unable to control themselves. Heaven forbid blame be placed with the perpetrator.

Why would you even draw this comparison to begin with?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Apparently [Ohio State Quarterback] Braxton's shoulder has been iffy at best all Spring/Summer. Meyer, Braxton & Tom Herman knew this and they knew he really shouldn't play this year. However they wanted the AP & Coaches to think he was playing so they could secure a high pre-season ranking. Then shortly after the rankings come out he miraculously re-injures the shoulder (apparently) and requires season-ending surgery. Real story is:

1) he was never playing
2) they wanted a high top five ish ranking
3) he wanted another full year of recovery/coaching before his 2015 Natty campaign with an absolutely stacked team
4) He'll enter the 2016 Draft as the projected #1 QB after Winston and Mariota go this year.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/67/Contents/poo poo-Penn-State-Fans-Say-on-Twitter-33570384

Austrian Robinson✌ @UG_Aus
This week really about to suck!

Kirk Miller @PsuLionInsider
@UG_Aus Commit to #PSU + your life will improve immensely and immediately! Seats on BLUEChip Bus filling up fast! #EasyDecision #107kStrong

https://twitter.com/psutruthville

oh my god :stare:

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 23, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chilichimp posted:

Is it against the rules? What rules?

The great rules the NCAA makes, like no half cut shirts or giving kids a couch to sleep on if they're virtually honeless

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

N: Cam Newton rules https://twitter.com/NFL/status/665996062667091968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Bad V: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article45163665.html

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/never-seen-this-in-45-years.331987/

quote:

As long as I have watched college football.... I have never seen this:
FSU has the game won with 20 seconds to go in the 4th quarter.
They could have hiked the ball, took a knee and respectfully finished the game.
But no....they call a trick play purposely designed to score a touchdown.
I have NEVER... ever seen a team do that.
Even Alabama, who I can't stand....or Georgia.... would never do that.

The trick play is at 1:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOoFluDovg

quote:

I think we did it to Georgia under SOS.

That said, I have no issue with that (pretty typical for them actually) but with the fu--king Gator head. I honestly would send my players out to fight over that crap. IMO, the most classless act/tradition in all of major sports. You bring a prop, whose sole purpose is to taunt the opposing team's fans IF you win (it slinks out in the duffel bag if you lose). I mean, show me anything in any sport where something like that happens and there isn't a fight.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 1, 2015

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

How dare you run that trick play!!!!

fixed the video link

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tenne-Peepee

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Taylor Hamm is a 'reporter' for a Texas AM football recruiting service

And also, just all this. http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/1/26/7917865/orangebloods-texags-TWITTER-LONE-STAR-SHOWDOWN

I hope twitter stuff counts.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 22, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/SYoungblood73/status/694172025221414912

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

On FSU's music selection for the spring game:

quote:

...the hip/hop/rap/whatever appeals to a select audience (and, ironically, the audience that likely provides the least financial support of FSU and the athletics program)....

quote:

If the playas be lissnin to the music they ain't lissnin to the coaches and in the game, know what I'm sayin?

Do they stop and listen to the Fight Song? Oh HELL no.

Before the game starts at DCS the music is pure rap. I don't hate it but how about a mix?
Those of us in the stands who write the checks like to hear some rock n roll 60's or even Motown. It could be a fun way to recognize the alums in the stands by asking everyone who was at FSU when such and such was a hit to stand up.

A little Junior Walker and the All Stars gets the old farts up and going. You all know that music cause you grew up hearing it in the backseat of your parents cars on the way to soccer practice amirite? Mom had on the oldies station, admit it.
80's when they played Eye of the Tiger? Pure memory lane.

Students aren't in the stands yet - we know that. They're so drunk when they stumble in its all noise anyway. (NTTAWWT)

I've been in favor of a little mixing it up at Doak for years.​

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Prorat posted:

Had this on my work computer from last season, I call the pic/comment the perfect storm.

Wanna work for that guy

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I think the girl wrote a letter about the sentencing, saying that she doesn't even necessarily want him to have his life ruined, but for him to just confront the violence he did onto her and recognize that it hurt her.

Though that's probably a big mistake with regard to any and all sorts of legal ramifications, but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If he's still going to Stanford and talks to the right people, he could probably still work at Goldman Sachs pretty easily.

• Locked thread