Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone have a recommendation for an amplifier that would have a headphone jack, and also an USB out port? I plan on keeping it in my entertainment stand, but I have two or three records that I haven't seen pop up on my backup sites that I would like to have digitally. I don't trust Amazon anymore to window shop, and the OP is about a decade old. I currently just have a Audio Technica player hooked into a Pioneer receiver, but might as well have something that I can hook headphones into directly, along with the USB port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife just got in on the whole vinyl trend now. She got a very cheap player for the office, and bought herself her first two (non-Christmas) records. Knowing how we tend to be collectors, I can see this turning into a problem.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How would I find a place to tune up my player? I suspect that my Audio Techinca LP-60 is paying slightly too fast (and the manual doesn’t show any kind of calibration adjustments). I used some iOS app that said it was playing at 34/46 rpm, and one 7” I ripped to my computer came out a few seconds shorter than the MP3 download of the same song.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Is it belt drive? If you’ve had it for a long time it’s possible the belt is stretched out. I’m sure replacement belts are easy to come by. I don’t know anything about that particular turntable though

Or do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PdS2V8Jz0

Ah, I just checked my player and it does have these adjustment screws at the bottom. Those weren't listed in the manual. Thanks.

Cemetry Gator posted:

and I doubt you would have noticed if you didn't go looking.

I only looked it up because I noticed. :v:

I just hope the iOS apps are accurate enough to do this. I was asking for a place to tune it up because I doubt how accurate they could really be. The iOS app I used twice so far only has 10 free calibrations before I have to buy the app, and it looks like I have to adjust both speeds.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe this time I can get the Foo Fighters album, my shop got two in apparently.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Got to my record store 30 minutes before opening and I’m the only one here, lol. At least I won’t have to deal with flippers for this Foo Fighters release.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Foo released a 7” single today. It’s just two remixes, but it’s the only physical release for these two songs. My shop sold it for 9 bucks, and I saw it for $25 on eBay earlier today.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just found out yesterday that the second record’s B-Side has songs that the CD just doesn’t have. So yeah, also ordered.

Amazon has it at about the same price if you have Prime, but this thread taught me not to trust their packaging.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

I opened the discogs app just for you guys and sorted by value a couple ways and the Foo Fighters Hail Satin RSD comes up pretty consistently much to my annoyance. At least to my knowledge they haven't done anything problematic, but did have their drummer die unexpectedly.

That price has been jacked since the beginning, very much to my great annoyance. I’ve been looking it up occasionally on eBay, hoping that it will eventually drop below $100 for an opened copy. I want to listen to it, damnit!

They gave their music to some lovely film early in their career for some film that questioned the link between HIV and AIDS. They’ve scrubbed that from all of their web presence, I think they’re trying to forget they supported that. Especially when they then went on to do things like troll the Westwhatever Baptists scumbags. That’s all that comes to my mind for lovely things they’ve done.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ah good, I haven’t seen anyone raise a stink about that yet. I thought it was just me.

Also Josh Homme shouldn’t be there.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

I'm trying to remember were you the English goon lamenting they missed out on Hail Satin that RSD, or are you in the US?

Nah, I'm in the US. I may have lamented that my record shop couldn't even order a copy of Hail Satan. I had a friend up in Massachusetts who went to three stores that day and she couldn't find it either.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

I'll have to double check my math to make sure I haven't yet hit the tax limit for selling online, but for $100 I could be persuaded to sell mine. I'm not a Foo Fighters fan and my mom was disappointed in the covers.

Turbinosamente is awesome. They sold me this album at a very fair price after giving it a listen-through to ensure its quality. Hats off to you goon sir, madam, or non-specified!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

petit choux posted:

I approve of this shipment

I also had a large Discogs order come in today, but didn’t post it here because no one here would approve. It only had one 7” record… CD singles are cheap and have a lot of weird things on them!

However, Aesop Rock announced today that the of his online only albums (the Lice releases) are going to vinyl, so I preordered those. Then added Appleseed and Garbagology on vinyl as well. Spirit World was too much for me right now, but I bought that on CD so that I can have his entire discography (beside Music For Earthworms).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

angrygodofjebus posted:

I ordered the 20th anniversary edition of dredg's Leitmotif on 11/15/21.

Heyyyyy it finally shipped! These vinyl delays are so long I basically forgot I ordered the poo poo.

I ordered it the same day, and got it today!

(Grumble grumble, why don't they label their sides? I started side B first...)

And while I'm doing some pictures, here some other ones I picked up in the last week or two.

Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Blood Lust
I've been wanting this one on vinyl, and happened across it. MetalSucks.com was doing a charity shirt for Planned Parenthood, and I found they also had this exclusive purple and green splatter vinyl. Too pretty to say no any longer. (Shirt is shipped, but hasn't arrived yet.)

Silversun Pickups - Physical Thrills
I picked this one up just because it was pretty, shamefully enough. Plus the one from SSPU's web store came with the signed insert (and had the exclusive translucent blue records). Plus, it is called Physical Thrills after all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’ve decided to not give Josh Homme any more money, but if they ever reissue Desert Sessions, it would put my commitment to the test.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Can’t wait to hear an instrumental smooth jazz rendition of “smack my bitch up” in a waiting room

How about a lounge version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO5Iu2UOvDg

(I hope this is the video I’m thinking of, can’t watch video with sound right now.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nah, dredg’s “Chuckles and Mr Squeezy” is a real album title.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/dredg/status/1575899373438844929

I just got their first album’s 20th anniversary album like a month ago! I sigh as unsheath my wallet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah I did. US shipping was only $10.95, so I paid $50.95. It’s saying no tax in the email, but that can’t be right. I think closer to $54 USD.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I figured it is a double album, so it’s like $20 a platter, and shipping is just expected. That, and this is the album I first found them, and have been buying their CDs ever since.

At this rate I’m going to be rebuying their whole catalog in vinyl, minus Chuckles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Was your previous copy a higher or lower number?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Me too, but not rap or country.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gorillaz is doing something worse than this for their upcoming album. Something like a 10 disk set of 7” records, one for each track. Back side is just etched. $175, sold out.

https://usstore.gorillaz.com/products/cracker-island-exclusive-7-vinyl-collectors-box

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Great album, but tied for “worst album cover” (for an album I own).

Also possibly the reason why I have a SA account. I used to watch that Judohobo video that was just a compilation of SA photoshops set to Super Bon Bon.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Stupid Foo Fighters and stupid Record Store Days. I already have plans for Friday of the non-shopping kind, and they’re releasing the Dream Widow album as some kind of RSD Black Friday thing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m glad that the USB drive mentions having the El Cielo Blueprints. I wasn’t sure how legit that was, or if it was even all dredg. I just hope it’s not just the mp3 files already has.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’d go with Conan. He recorded at Third Man.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is Conan off the air again? I stopped following him years ago, and never watched any other late night shows.

You know what, I can just Google this, no reason to derail.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

RubberLuffy posted:

Got my copies of I Hate Myself's Ten Songs although it's technically eleven on this release (standard black) and Origami Angel's Gami Gang (looks like a cool beach ball)

This record wants me to quit and relaunch it to apply updates.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

In just came 14 records (and two CDs) from Japan. This seller had half a million items on Discogs, but it was about 30% cheaper to buy from their website directly. So it came out to about $9 a record including 5 day shipping and tax.

I'm not familiar with 12" singles, but I imagine it's so they could have other people remix or sample their music. I just want the instrumentals, or the songs I've not heard of before. It's interesting to me how some of them have nice artwork (Woe Is Me), barely any artwork/photo, or just a generic black sleeve.

Mostly I wanted to clear out all those Discog sellers who said they had 10 other items for sale, and then it turned out to be 5 copies of one Jurassic 5 record. But they also had a Foo Fighters' CD that had two bonus tracks not anywhere else, and a The Killers release for my wife that had bonus tracks she didn't have.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Arcella posted:

Link the store?

I wasn’t going to link it unless someone asked, so it wasn’t an advertisement.

https://www.recordcity.jp/en

Discogs was $200, their site was $140. Ordered on Wednesday, arrived today.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now I’m feeling shameful about my upcoming ~$170 purchase of some band’s 20th anniversary edition of their first album. It’s multi record and has demos of their early stuff on CD too. Linkin Park’s Hybrid Theory

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there a site that will compare upcoming releases from different retailers? Discogs seems to not care until after the releases are sold. (I’m wondering if anyone is doing anything special for that Daft Punk RAM 10th Anniversary rerelease.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I picked up the Depeche Mode singles from Ultra box set, the Deftones White Pony 20th Anniversary box set, and a Foo Fighters record, because I hadn’t hit $65 yet. That should have been north of $300, but after taxes it was $80.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got shipping notifications for two of the three records just about an hour ago, so we’ll see!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Deftones and Depeche Mode box set today, along with a single vinyl Foo Fighters record. Everything packed well and arrived looking fine. Seems legit.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The worst thing about that eBay deal is now I have one of the twelve Depicted Mode singles box sets, and I want 6 more of them. They range from $250-$1,200 on eBay and Discogs. The cheap ones are the early records that I have no interest in. The collector in me may hate myself for getting this one.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CatBlack posted:

my collection is 225 records + 1 cd (Min $3,904.90 Med $6,316.01 Max $10,570.98)

i've slowed down tremendously because my kallax is absolutely full and i dont have space for another one. nearly filled up an overflow box already.

What’s the CD?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

sporklift posted:

I was looking for storage solutions for my 45 problem and here was the banner on amazon.

I have these for my CDs, DVDs, and Blurays. They’re okay for the price, but not the best. I wouldn’t try the vinyl sized ones though. I can’t imagine they’d hold the weight well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

IG-88 posted:

I got my copy of Dredg’s El Cielo in and I don’t have a lot emotional attachment to many records but drat, this really is still top tier stuff.

I got it last week and listened to it yesterday. This was the album I found the band with, so I do have the attachment you do. I thought it sounded great on vinyl, I picked up more elements I’ve missed before just listening to it casually, on random. Worth the wait since ordering it in October.

(I had the arm oscillating on side A that I saw people complaining about on Discogs, but it didn’t effect the sound for me.)