Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

dorium posted:

the bootleg of yeezus comes in a plastic sleeve and is a picture disc with the cd-r printed on both sides.

My bootleg is just black vinyl, but that picture disk is way neater. If you're gonna listen to poo poo quality bootlegs they better at least be novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Set that $50 on fire, and you'll have the same copy the rest of us who bought one got ;)

Still pissed off about this. Having done production, management, and distribution of vinyl myself, the idea they just went 'Aw, gently caress it' and took off with the money and complete radio silence is baffling. And horrendously insulting.

S C U M

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

thrilla in vanilla posted:

If any of you need a laugh, people are at their breaking point on frank ocean’s subreddit because his preorder Singles from last october haven’t even been pressed yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FrankOcean/comments/fa4e0c/blondedcos_multiple_federal_trade_commission/

The edits at the bottom of the OP are pure liquid gold.

Imagine getting scammed and having to withhold your understandable grievances because you just respect the multi-millionaire behind it too drat much to verbally slight him in any way on an internet forum.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

pwn posted:

Just 10 months later...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYSXujCsnJs

And yes, I’ve carefully preserved the hype sticker.

It’s a tight ambient recording. Congratulations on officially putting something out into the world, Disappointed Owl!

Next release definitely won't take 10 months, holy mackerel. Such a trip seeing this thing arrive at destinations all over the world and in shops.

Thanks a ton for the pictures (and the patience). Let me know if you post it on Twitter and I'll give you a cheeky retweet.

If anyone is interested, there are still a handful of hand-numbered black-in-red vinyl copies over at https://www.stumpyfrog.com/ (yes, the international shipping sucks) and won't be available elsewhere.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

vivat virtute posted:

I just snagged my copy of When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right.

If you want, I can get you a copy of When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right because VMP members are allowed to buy 2.

Let me know. Ships Sept 2020, according to them. $34.

This joke is getting really tired. Please just use the abbreviated title from here on out: WPHCHTLKWHKTBWHGFHWWTHERTNBBWYMIYMSWYGSYHYOHRTDIGHIYKWYSTYKWLIYFIWMCYKTYR

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ballz posted:

Since I'm on furlough this week I've been making the most of my time and doing important work, like adding stuff to the discogs database.

Please know our record handling OCD has a long, storied history. From 1959:

Osmium Needle is a pretty good band name

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Heath posted:

Does anybody know why the gently caress they would have printed a 2 disc record as A->D on one disc and B->C on the second disc? I have a Gabor Szabo's Greatest Hits album printed this way.

Planet of Ice by Minus The Bear had this too and it pissed me off because nobody owns an automatic record changer, ya jerks.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Heathen is absolutely my favorite, and I would argue has some of Bowie's best and most haunting vocal performances of his career, specifically (my favorite Bowie song of all time, 5:15 Angels Have Gone) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZYqKYPI4U
and the title track Heathen (The Rays)

The bit in 5:15 at 1:45 when he cuts in with "Weeeeeeeeeeee never talk anymore" I feel like that's a voice that is throwing a punch at you

e:
And the opener, Sunday - same deal. He just really cuts loose on that album.

This album has my favorite Bowie song (after John, I'm Only Dancing) so it holds a warm place in my heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjhWM_Ubspg

Also, Outside has a bunch of bangers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aepBpZ3kXek

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

WerthersWay posted:

I just came into a large 500+ vinyl collection.

I'm sure each of us is guilty as charged of this.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Trevor Hale posted:

I retract my rear end in a top hat

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNl5qjvKbs4&t=56s

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Barry posted:

Which hey, that's your prerogative, but learn to separate the art from the artist a little bit.

I'm all for separating the art from the artist. That said, someone who's capable of that separation is not superior to someone unwilling to let their money go to scumbags, which is what you're implying here.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

CPL593H posted:

Oh hey, remember that time Mondo ruined Death Waltz?

I'll never forgive. Never forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Ballz posted:

A record I bought on discogs rated VG+ is covered in scratches and the album sleeve has seam splits on all sides "repaired" with a generous dose of Scotch tape.

The seller claims to have been selling records for over 30 years. :cripes:

A record I bought on Discogs rated VG, Ugly Casanova's Sharpen Your Teeth before the repress, was straight-up mint condition. I'd call it near mint because it wasn't in the original shrinkwrap, but it was absolutely pristine on every level.

It was bizarre.

Discogs is a weird place.