Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Akion posted:

Oil drain plugs. I once cracked an oilpan on my CB550 because I didn't use a torque wrench. On my DRZ, the drain plug screws directly into the case (no replaceable pan) or frame (two drain bolts). Don't really want to think about the PITA involved in cracking that.

seconding oil drain plugs, after I stripped an oil drain bolt trying to get it off. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

What IS it about cars wanting to race motorcycles? When I drive, I am usually the first off the line at a stoplight, and i'm rarely stomping on it: no really a jackrabbit start, but i'm not just kinda moseying on down past the intersection either.

When I'm on a motorcycle, everyone wants to race me off the line. EVERYONE. Including the 65 year old woman in a minivan the other day.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

I live a few miles from where Barrett Jackson is held. It's humbling to get murdered by an Ultima GTR while riding a 135whp bike. Or a stock looking (minus wide rear wheels) 5th gen Mustang that turns out to have a massive turbo.

Scottsdale? I lived at scottsdale and shea when I lived in Phoenix, and holy crap when I was there in the 90's, I dont think I ever saw more "supercars" just out driving than when I lived there. Miami might have been worse, but I've only been there for a few weekends.

As far as stupid motorcycle poo poo, I was told, by a coworker, with a straight face that "if you own a motorcycle and your medical insurance company finds out they will DROP YOUR COVERAGE or just deny anything if it could be a result of you riding a motorcycle.

"It happened to my Dad's friend's uncle!"

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Pope Mobile posted:

Met someone who I'm pretty sure will end up a red stain on the pavement sooner rather than later the other day.

Wonder if he was friends with this guy:

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/mcy/4870601825.html

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

When it gets to that point, it's time to pay somebody to deal with it.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

High Protein posted:

I like the GS500, it's an Honest bike, i.e. unlike a BMW GS with the entire touratech catalog screwed on.

the GS500 makes me think it's like the Geo Metro of motorcycles. The bare minimum of motorcycle with absolutely nothing extra. Thank goodness its not as slow as one.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Odds are they're nearing a major service interval and the owners too cheap to do it? Lol

Got any examples?

I'm somewhat interested in something like a concours

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Radbot posted:

I like riding a Honda CTX700 because men don't come up to me to compliment it regularly, which is cool because I'm not into dudes.

Is that thing as boring as most people say? For some reason, I really want to ride one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Stupid thing overheard today:

LED turn signals and stop lamps are illegal on motorcycles.

In some cases, a clear lens with a red bulb might be sketchy, but LED lit stoplamps or turn signals are NOT illegal.

I just heard that from a moron over in the support department today.

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 16, 2015

• Locked thread