Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:eyepop: holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLopAPdYFhg

It's finished, basically! Making this was so much fun. Download probably coming soon.

This is really, really good. :)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

The Pit is the worst environment in the history of the FPS and Sandy Petersen is a War Criminal.

Worse than Downtown? :cmon:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I wish I owned an Xbox to play it on, I miss the days of tossing Laptop Guns and explosive Dragons on the ground.

8 MeatSims + 4 Players with nothing but timed and remote mines was funny as hell, too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I always preferred this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09vVF-Hvykg

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hahaha, that gun he's holding is amazing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

treat posted:

I sometimes hear that exact idle snort coming from my gut when my bowels are churning garbage through my rotten old poop tubes and I like to imagine that a pinky demon will inevitably burst from my side like an alien born from decades of lousy diet. A beautiful baby boy of my very own.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

I think I just found that Goldeneye mouse injector via Google.

Holy crap, this thing works great. :getin:

I started replaying Perfect Dark with this a few weeks back and I remember thinking it would make the game trivial and maybe break down the rose colored glasses for it but wow, on the highest difficulty and with responsive mouse aiming and 60fps, it's still a legit good shooter. I forgot how many different objectives their were for each mission and some enemies will completely gently caress your poo poo up if you're not quick enough to dish out headshots or explosives.

The one thing I did find funny is how easy it is to shoot guns out of guards hands now.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hey quote is not edit my dude

E: what the gently caress Awful app

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Doom 2016's boss battles gave me big Ys-like vibes, and I felt like that was a very good thing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

So long as we're posting things tangentially related to first-person shooters, here's something I found today: it's a Coca-Cola ad from the 90s done in a Doom/Marathon-esque style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmYSuV6-zBQ

Son of a bitch I remember trying to find this for years and then giving up thinking it was just one of those things I either misremembered or was just lost

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

site posted:

If you use the 60fps emu build you will find perfect dark is still incredible

Yeah, I recently beat it with the 60fps+m/kb build and Perfect Dark is still a drat good shooter.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SwissCM posted:

Turok 3 would be cool if only because it never got a proper PC release at all and it was pretty ambitious in it's own way, hobbled by the hardware it was running on.

I remember finding lip synced cutscenes to be particularly impressive on the N64 of all things

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Linguica posted:

Trespasser was so ahead of the curve in so many ways, it's too bad the game was completely hosed up and only half-finished.

Hold on I gotta check my health *looks down at massive tits*

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Kins posted:

Tresspasser is what happens when you have super-talented programmers and no producers. Death by a thousand instances of feature-creep.
IIRC they made 'em bigger during development to hide that they didn't model legs. The end result being that the player model is basically a floating zero-gravity rack with a single long gibbon arm.

Lmao that's incredible

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

More shooters need soundtracks like Descent 2's

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

So total newbie level question here but how the hell do you get the Doom Neural Upscale stuff working with gzDoom, I'm not seeing a pk3 or a wad or anything to import through launch options or ZDL or any other launcher so I feel like I'm missing an important and likely easy step

Anyone else using it?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hmmm, felt like I tried that and it still wouldn't work, but I'll give it a shot again when I get home later

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aren't the Deleted Scenes from one of the earlier versions too, I'm not surprised they scrapped it given how boring it was but the end result had me thinking at the time that Valve needs to do a better job managing their games if they're gonna outsource development like that

They did solve that issue by simply not making games anymore :v:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Playing Doom with that Neural Network Upscale mod is weird as hell, I can't decide if I absolutely love it (leaning towards this) or I'm distracted by killing finely detailed claymation characters at times

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I recall Turok 3 having some impressive facial animation for an N64 game, but that's about all I remember

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Updates from The Kins are some of the best parts of this thread imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sigil owns

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

my god, this buckethead soundtrack lmao

this poo poo owns

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rocket Pan posted:

Also, a stealth patch note, we updated the provided version of SDL2 to a pre-release version with Windows 10 gamepad support, meaning if you have Windows 10 you can use 8 Xbox One controllers for 8 player splitscreen.

lol holy poo poo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

site posted:

Had this thought last night, is Doom's chaingun the most pathetic sounding gun in a video game

That award goes to the pistol from Doom 3

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

1stGear posted:

"Alright guys, BRING IT IN"

*Doomguy, Caleb, Quakeguy, Duke and every other character from every other retro FPS come in for a HUGE party*

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's me, I'm the monster who enjoys having randomized pitches enabled in gzdoom's sound options

I played the 1.2 shareware version way too much, ok :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

joedevola posted:

I prefer TFC to TF2 but mostly due to the nostalgia of remembering exploiting the models clipping through the walls because I was playing it in software.

Playing sniper on Well with that fire button held down just waiting to see an arm jutting out of the wall, then ........ POP

please dont expose my pro sniping secrets, circa 2000-2001

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat, I think They Will Repent is one of my all-time favorite "official" Doom maps

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ETPC posted:

oh extremely. even the old police quest games were (somewhat more tasteful) cop propaganda, but they didn't get extremely questionable until they got darryl f. gates involved

even the team was like "what in the gently caress are we doing here???????"

a good read: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a3n8ea/how-sierra-and-a-disgraced-cop-made-the-most-reactionary-game-of-the-90s

I got absolutely hosed up with one of my friends and we watched a playthrough of Open Season and it was far worse than I could have imagined

I'm glad I didn't spoil the ending for myself because holy moley our brave hero making a flame thrower in that final section lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tbh when I fought the spider Mastermind at the end of Doom 4, it felt like I was jumping around in a boss battle from the Ys series, only shooting off rockets and BFG blasts in first person, and it owned

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tbh this entire thing with these Doom ports is funny as hell

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Glagha posted:

Yeah the preview reception was extremely negative for a long while until they showed some single player at an NVIDIA event of all things and the people who saw it were like "wait holy poo poo why didn't you show me this before what the gently caress"

When that Nvidia Vulkan demonstration dropped it resulted in one of the biggest 180s I've ever seen for a game pre-release, it went from people making GBS threads on it to talking about pre orders and poo poo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Overbite posted:

I want to play n64 quake 2 on pc with mouse and keyboard

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

A friend from HG101 reminded me of this tier list he made, and I have to admit, it seems pretty objectively true, doesn't it?

:hmmyes:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mordja posted:

Not quite.

The Motion Picture adaptation was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBTF4INW5g

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's still a pretty good challenge - going from Hell Beneath to Perfect Hatred can be tough if you're not careful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The fifth map, They Will Repent, is one of my favorite vanilla Doom maps and I've never been able to pinpoint exactly why