Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress those boxes were the god damned coolest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Serious Sam as a franchise is just trash honestly, they're fun in co-op but even that wears thin after the 90000th bullshit kleer death.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm trying to remember a Quake 1 or Quake 2 mod that turned it into a fantasy side scrolling hack and slash platformer, anyone got any ideas?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I don't know how any of us can narrow down FPSes by quality when we have so many Valusoft, Sunstorm, Wizardworks, etc titles out there.

Many a time spent browsing the bargain shelves at Staples or Walmart and randomly stumbling across gems like Civilization 4 Complete, Rise of Legends, Tribes Vengeance, or Impossible Creatures. :allears:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 22, 2021

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Squeezy Farm posted:

There was a physical version of tribes ascend? O_o

Lol, meant Vengeance, my b.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I mean Half-Life is already technically a platformer... I guess.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

Blood's only (?) big gameplay mod just hit 1.0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5_BB_QdY-I

Holy poo poo this looks sick as hell.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What’s the world coming to…

gently caress, that game had a banger of a theme song.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Barudak posted:

I refuse to buy cruelty squad because I won't like it and then I'll complain about it, but I want more games like cruelty squad to exist so I hope other people buy it.

Yeah, the entire aesthetic makes my brain bleed so no thanks but I'd love more games with its mechanics to be made, just... not with that eye blistering visual style.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Does the level design in the Halo series get any better? I've just finished The Silent Cartographer and I think I've had as much copy pasted, featureless corridors and occasional open spaces as I can stand.

It's an overrated franchise that only succeeded in making FPSes kinda cool on consoles but otherwise PC gamers would probably get nothing out of it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

skasion posted:

I really wanted to like Destiny but pretty much everything about the game ruined it for me

It was cool until they started removing paid content with the promise of bringing it back in the future.(hasn't happened yet and no signs of it either)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

UT2004 had a banger of a soundtrack too
Granted, I mostly played Onslaught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYEZ_tXAoEU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIP92sKsOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UyEsR91rBg

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

What's a good mod for a replay of Half-Life 2 with some twists? Something akin to Brutal Doom would be really sweet.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm really glad that Nightmare Reaper lets us skip those skill minigames cause I genuinely cannot fathom who thought that that was a good decision choice?!

Yes, let me play a dumb Mario/Pokemon game to make my ammo count 5% bigger or give me 20 more health points, great thanks.

Otherwise, this game gives me the vibes that I used to get with playing all those Doom wads with wacky weapon loadouts, just chill quick spurts of mass murder with loot.

The platforming isn't even too bad and doubly trivialized with the chainsaw grappling hook.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Weedle posted:

wish they’d make a normal single player game again. i hear alyx is very good. but, yknow. lol

If only I had any room to comfortably use a VR set.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

chaosapiant posted:

You can play Alyx sitting down.

That sounds really awkward but then again I've never used a VR set.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I just hope that they don't remove the original games, they have so many mods that I'd miss.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

remember Hellgate: London :aaaaa:

I really try not to.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

site posted:

i got curious and discovered that just like every other pc game, hellgate has had a revival group patching it up for the last several years. haven't tried it but i do wonder what it's like now

It's still complete poo poo.

I tried it again out of morbid curiosity a couple of years ago and it's really just Subway Tunnels: The Game with the most anemic combat you could imagine.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This just makes me want Doom 1/2 RPG + Wolfenstein RPG to get PC releases... did anyone ever make turn based/grid based Doom wads?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Here's another clip showing off the weapons:

https://streamable.com/q4w9iu

Oh baby, I love the animations for most of them.

That shotgun is... :discourse:

I can't wait for modders to sink their teeth into this.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm kind of upset that this isn't the mythical Frederik Schreiber build that was apparently 90% complete. :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is there any transphobic content in Hedon itself?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AVP2010 had some jank rear end Predator jumping mechanics where you had to target pre-determined jump points.

Somehow playing as the Alien was less of a headache.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm almost positive that I played Descent 3 about 4 or 5 years ago without any need for fixes or anything.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't like those newfangled menus.

Give me the old retail non-Steam menus back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJzMp7b-MY

I'm dust.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shoehead posted:

I lost track of them slightly after someone stole their laptops and they lost months worth of work. Which now that I've looked it up to jog my memory was ELEVEN YEARS AGO

What the gently caress?! No way, I swear I remember reading about that........ oh, yeah, I was definitely living in another state at the time actually.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

100gbs is small? The gently caress?

God help you if you're playing Red Dead 2, COD, Destiny, Hitman, and Ark at the same time.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

repiv posted:

Hitman got its poo poo together at least, Hitman2 was like 150gb by the time they added all the DLCs but Hitman3 (which includes all the Hitman1+2 content) is only 64gb

Whoa, Hitman 3 sounds worth buying just for that alone.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

COD1 was loving amazing back in the day, I remember being blown away by all the ai soldiers that would kinda follow you around in the original demo.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Too bad it actually kinda sucked to play.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

Do Chrome next. Then Breed.

Breed was the coolest poo poo for a hot minute.

I remember all of the mods for the demo alone, turned it into a sort of sandbox to gently caress around with the space to ground transition tech and vehicles.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

The 2000s really was the zenith of middling EuroFPS whose demos I'd play and then not buy for how middling they were. What was that one game that was all water-themed?

So much JoWood.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Bring back Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Sizeable Half-Life 2 single player mod Entropy Zero 2 is out now

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1583720/Entropy__Zero_2/

I'm gonna give it a shot because I'm always a slut for more single player shootmans. I'm not too hot on playing as a Combine but judging from the trailer I'm pretty sure the turns will table at some point in the narrative.

Did HL2 ever get any mods that made combat not feel so anemic? A sort of Brutal HL2 if you would.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

nemesis_hub posted:

Guys, is Shadow Warrior 2 good? It's cheap on GoG right now.

It's a blast just don't obsess over the awful skill gem system and you'll be good.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

verbal enema posted:

I want a game that instead of a rocket launcher it's an aluminum bat launcher and makes a really good PING noise and ragdolls people

drat, that actually sounds awesome.

Painkiller stake gun but aluminum bats!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I remember trying Thief way back in the day and being absolutely amazed at the rope "physics" and mantling ledges.

Like wow I'm doing Tomb Raider stuff in first person!

And the atmosphere creeped me out to no end, I don't think I ever made it very far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone else try the Coven demo? It's pretty sweet!
Cannibalistic bullet time witch burned at the stake resurrects and gets a double barrel and goes to town on them puritanical sumsabitches! :hellyeah::witch:

The gore is especially :discourse: with how you can literally chop mooks in half with an axe or blast half their torso off with the SSG. :gibs: