Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Hunt11 posted:

I thought it was +/-10.

Nope, if you're dead-centre neutral at the time of the final choice, either option will push you out of Neutral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

I never used the range-enhancing skills much because IIRC they made you so slow. Also, they took away your ability to get Extra Turns which hurt your ability to get Magnetite and Macca. I used the movement-enhancing skills (Devil Speed/Flight/Phantasma/Animal Leg) a fair amount though.

They're a lot better in DeSu2, since the enhanced version that gives you 6 range is enough that you can often skip moving and just stand in place blowing things up like an artillery unit; not using your move on a turn easily compensates for the turn order penalty.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

That doesn't sound good at all, I was thinking about playing Record Breaker after my current runs are through too.

It might not be the same but the changes to Overclocked with the Eighth day always bugged me, I wiffle waffled around too much on my first run and got the Yuzu ending. Letting the game have a lovely ending for people who flip flopped was great. Changing that to a happy ending in the last day is just weak, More games need to let you fail

You can definitely still get a bad ending on Yuzu's 8th day if you don't do everything exactly right

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

4A: why does YHVH look like andross

I always thought his SMT2 form kinda looked like Patrick Stewart

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I really hate the term "True Ending." Like, Nocturne is True Demon so it's not really a value judgment but in other games it is.

Devil Survivor 2 for instance gives you all this choice then says nope there's a True Ending and what you got wasn't it. I think that's why I hate Tirangulum so much.

The Triangulum arc doesn't really follow from a particular ending, though; it starts out with a Deus Ex: Invisible War type situation where you get a hybrid of all of the original game's possible endings.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

In Apocalypse (and pretty much all other SMTs) I've no problem with the "give demon's things" part of negotiations. Those are fine and I've tons of macca and items to spare for them. It's just the questions at the start feel completely random on the outcome.

I don't want negotiation's randomness to be gone because it would lose a ton of flavour, but I would like something close to the endgame that makes it almost assured they'll join to just save time.

The mobile game has rare consumables that guarantee a successful negotiation; something like that seems workable for normal games as well.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

From what I remember, it's actually really hard to kill her off in that event: you basically need to have ignored her entirely up to that point in order to not hit the Fate level requirement for her to survive. I think you might also need to see a specific conversation with her right before the branch point in order for her to live, but that one's pretty clearly signposted.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

I’m 17 hours deep into Strange Journey Redux and the game and gameplay is just sucking me right in. The storyline and characters are, so far, extremely interesting. I love the environments and exploration and of course i love the demons. I spent about two hours in The Ingress before realizing it was a Redux add on and completely optional.

I’m currently towards the end of the Bootes sector. How many more are there? Is there a way to acquire more than one Demon Source per demon?

If you've already acquired and used up a demon's source, you have a small chance to acquire a new one every time it levels up. Or at least, that was how it worked in the original; I don't know if they changed anything with that for Redux.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Evolution of Lilith

Feel like Lilith from 4 missed the theme.

For those who haven't seen it yet, all the designs except for that one are inspired by a famous 19th-century painting (also NSFW).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Booky posted:

that rocks and im glad the megaten chart i got off reddit and hastily edited inspired you to play the game :v:

but real talk this perspective owns since, everywhere else i only ever saw people say that it was mid and had a low budget so its nice to see a more fleshed out opinion on the game!!

I have pretty similar feelings about it: the characters are the only aspect of the game that stand out, but they're honestly neat takes on staple SMT concepts and were interesting enough to carry the rest of the game for me. In particular I found it really funny that the Neutral alignment representative is kind of a commitment-phobic slimeball. A lovable slimeball, but still.