Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I would die if I could put on a virtual reality headset and have it work with Morrowind. I'd just live in Vvardenfel for the rest of my life and hope someone feeds me and cleans up my poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Shibawanko posted:

I think if they ever make another single player TES game (they won't. once you get the MMO, the series usually dies)

Honestly I think we'll definitely see more TES sequels. TES:O is making them money, sure, but it didn't revolutionize the genre or anything. TES is a behemoth of an IP, and most people probably think of Bethesda and Bioware first as far as RPG giants go. Just going by google, Skyrim sold over 20m copies, and made them over 60m bucks. Call me a fanboy, but I'm quite optimistic that we'll see TES 6 and 7. After that, who knows.

My primary concern is that the lore for TES:6 is going to be butchered because of all the stupid poo poo that goes on in MMORPGs, and they'll have to find some way to make the universes fit with each other.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

nah, if they have any sense they'll just shout DRAGON BREAK and truck along like the mmo and oblivion never happened.

You know, I'd be just fine with that. What were we talking about?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So does the Tamriel Rebuilt mod have a story and quests?

Some parts, yes. Not a huge amount, though. TR is big. I'll repeat that.

TR is an enormous project. Over a decade ago I was making fun of them on the Bethesda forums I think, saying they'll fizzle out in three months. But what I see now impresses me beyond words. I hope the project reaches v1.0 - the designs, landscapes, and fleshed out areas look fantastic. They have my full support.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

i agree, but also please no one say "it should have a dark souls style upgrade system". i will find you and i will tell all your friends how dumb you are.

I'll say it. And the joke is on you, I have no friends. Ha ha

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

you don't even know how hosed you are. i am going to make you make so many friends, and you won't even know i was doing it. you'll get so close with them, share secrets, laughs, memories. you'll get old but never grow apart, and one day when you're in the hospital, enjoying your last moments with your best friend, only then will i remove my mask and whisper in your ear "you're so dumb"

Seen any elves? HA HA HA!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

awesome TR lore n' poo poo

:awesome: I could read stuff like this all day.

Doc Hawkins posted:

I enjoyed this exchange. Now I'm going to ruin it by taking it seriously.

Dark Souls style upgrading fits Dark Souls because you're permanently destroying things for just a little power. You're tossing them into the metaphorical fire to drive back the metaphorical shadows. It doesn't fit Morrowind, where power comes from practice and exploration.

Given the bribe system, it'd be nice if you could give NPCs objects of value directly.

I didn't even have an opinion on it, I just wanted to post something stupid.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

Thanks! But much like SA isn't made up of EVE players, TR is not made up of cloistered, isolated people.
"Joining" TR is as easy as registering and posting stuff on the forums, reading up on the summaries of our weekly public dev meetings (6 PM GMT every Sunday), or just joining our Discord and hanging around.

I just wanna say again, over a decade ago I was trolling the poo poo out of TR, but now I feel the complete opposite. The work you guys are doing is awesome. Don't hurry for anybody. Keep up the great work on a legendary game.

I used to mod Morrowind, mainly .esps just for myself, and I knew how to do pretty much anything in the editor (except make scripts, I don't get that poo poo.) I don't have the energy to do that today, but a part of me wishes I did.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I am very well aware of the status and progress of TR, but I have to ask: as of right now, how many hours of content do you think you can ROUGHLY estimate a player would have purely within the mainland? If they did maybe, 75% of the quests, dungeons, etc.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

The official planned settlement list is in the last official release map.

I get such a loving boner when TR maps are posted. If that creeps you out, I'm sorry. Well, not really.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Just imagine us in 40 years when we're playing Tamriel Rebuilt on OpenMW. :unsmigghh:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Doc Hawkins posted:

I hope that in 40 years Project Tamriel will have finished at least one province. Skyrim would be my first choice, but I'll take whatever I can get.

I would make fun of them for being so ludicrously ambitious, but I did that to TR and look where it is now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

I'll just leave this here.

Oh drat.
:q::fh:

Has anyone done a land size comparison of TR to other TES games yet?

Node fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 14, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is Skyrim really smaller than Oblivion? Huh. That's what happens when you actually design landscape as opposed to using a generator I guess

Yeah it didn't feel smaller at all to me too. That surprises me.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

dont use MGSO its MEGA outdated even by morrowind standards and has many patches you probably don't have so enjoy the missing textures :thumbsup:

morrowind code patch
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/

MGEXE
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/

speed and stamina tweaked (dont use the mb10 esp)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43413/

better dialogue font
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36873/

delayed db attack (just use it dont worry about what it does for now thats spoiler territory)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891/

morrowind patch project
http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/download/1060-previous-patches-unofficial-morrowind-patch/

that's all you need dont bother with that graphics bullshit you're a grown rear end adult and MGSO is bad. start up the game and ask yourself what you REALLY can't live with and then change it, dont take some literally retarded brazilian guys opinion on whats best

ahem, u forgot

- imoen romance mod

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I feel like we could develop a metagaming subculture where we install Morrowind and only use mods made within the first year or two of its release.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Upmarket Mango posted:

Do you think Morrowind will get a free release like Arena and Daggerfall?

Morrowind was enormously popular (compared to Daggerfall. And Daggerfall was enormously popular compared to Arena) and probably still makes them a trickle of cash, so I doubt it. It'd be nice of them. Give the gift of Morrowind to the world!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Private Speech posted:

Just found there's not one but two references to SA in Morrowind. Never knew about the second one: Imperial Library link

There was a Bethesda developer, Hayt, that posted on the forums at the time. It was likely his influence that got Arlowe and the Banhammer in Morrowind.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

its only fitting that the goon developer invented cliff racers
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565574&pagenumber=35&perpage=40#post419551996

e: i've posted this before but it makes me lol every time

Whoa, I thought he disappeared. I assumed Bethesda told him to shut up.

I don't mind cliff racers. I got enough bolts.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

If you can't handle vanilla Morrowind run speeds without choosing The Steed as your birthright, then Get. The. gently caress. Out. It should take you 20 minutes to get to Tarhiel and you should like it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Node posted:

If you can't handle vanilla Morrowind run speeds without choosing The Steed as your birthright, then Get. The. gently caress. Out. It should take you 20 minutes to get to Tarhiel and you should like it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

GreatGreen posted:

Nope!

There is a lot about this game that should not change, but the default run speed was stupid when the game came out and it's really loving stupid now, and it's one of the first things I change every time I play the game, and it's always for the better!

Boots of blinding speed, scrolls of Icarian flight, that stuff is all well and good but i'm not going to bother fooling around with in game powerups just to walk around a town without wanting to kill myself out of boredom between buildings.

I was hoping my sarcasm was overt. I guess not. I was just kidding! Morrowind is best played however you want to play it.

Unless you're one of those disgusting exploiters that sell things to Creeper or the mudcrab, you guys can gently caress off.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

im working on a mod for the morrowind modathon celebrating 15 years of mw

https://streamable.com/p8ikf

Couldn't you already have sex with hookers or people that liked you enough in Morrowind Comes Alive?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah I could tell you were being sarcastic. My response was more for the people who would read your post and agree with you.

It appears this facade we have been taking part in has failed in it's purpose. We are bad posters.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

hi i'm going to shill my last two mods here that I wrote the last two days

Wandering Umbra
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44913/
Randomizes Umbra's location between ten different Vvardenfell locales.

One of a Kind - Daedric Weapons and Shields
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44923/
Edits leveled lists and static spawns to ensure only one copy of each daedric weapon and shield exists in game. Also changes the Vassir-Didanat Mine quest to reward ebony weapons instead of daedric, and changes the Hlaalu Prelude Shipwreck quest to find an ebony shortsword instead of a daedric wakizashi.

enjoy

Thanks for this. One day, when my sad brain isn't sad, I'll play Morrowind with these plugins.

Is there a plugin that makes daedric weapons and armor difficult to get? Last time I asked this a few years ago people made fun of me. I don't want the daedric dai-katana to be from some relatively easy dude on the Dren Plantation, for example. I know the fun of Morrowind for some is to blitz your way to the easy to get powerful items, but I always liked the feeling of accomplishment when you had to work for your glass gauntlets or daedric longsword.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 3, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Mister Adequate posted:

About as good as it gets. Still vastly incomplete, but that's no surprise given the scope of the thing. The stuff to the east is in pretty drat good shape especially.

I want to wait to play Morrowind again, once TR is complete. I know this is an unrealistic dream of mine, because while I'm pretty sure that it is going to happen, it won't be for... a while.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

join tr and help out :thumbsup:

that goes for anyone else reading this too

tamriel-rebuilt.org

it can be as complex as designing interiors or as simple as writing out cool ideas for quests

I have this great idea for a quest about this Nord that loses his pants, and

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

on a related note I found out morrowind animations are locked to 15 frames per second

openmw will save us all

My dreams of first person jacking off at 144 fps as a Khajit in Morrowind... shattered...

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

https://streamable.com/s/nw356/qmlixj

i finally made a mod for the ultimate realism in eating sharp gems / glass

gently caress you, Nazi. You'll never stop my Ebony eating habit!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

neat, I might use it one day. I probably misread but there are 49 locations where all the artifacts could spawn, are they locations of your choosing or are they the locations Bethesda has each artifact in, only that it will be a random one?

and is it incompatible with the wandering umbra mod you made?

semper n'wah

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Doc Hawkins posted:

That sounds fantastic. It's making me wish for behaviors as distinct and interesting for the other animals.

lol at the gif on the nexus page

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Poniard posted:

I looked at this image and I can't stop laughing

Whatever mod that is from needs to be deleted from the internet and every medium of storage in existence. It cannot be allowed to exist.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
[General] n'wahmastah: "Dagoth-Ur raid forming must be level 20 and have 80 mercantile+ NO ARGONIANS, PLEASE SEND TELL"

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Cross-Section posted:

OpenMW 0.42.0 is out.

Distant Land is a cool addition but I'm not sure if I'd ever use it; the draw distance mist is like a good third of Morrowind's atmosphere for me.

I love it when they release youtube updates. I get so happy seeing my favorite game such a wonderful treatment. I'm really optimistic about OpenMW.

However, it sounds like things aren't so good for the construction set? They need more devs for it and just aren't finding them is what I gathered.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Entropy238 posted:

So hyped for a V1 of OpenMW, after which we're going to start getting some of the really good poo poo that could never be implemented because of Morrowind's janky old engine.

My wishlist is:

– Non-buggy fully integrated implementation of GCD or some kind of variant with uncapping
– Much slower melee combat with some kind of implementation of follow through on attacks and dodge rolls
– Improved enemy AI + enemy placement/ambushes
– Better animations
– Rejigging of how all of the attributes function, making Willpower, Agility, Luck useful
– Caps on to-hit and dodge chance, that can vary depending on the target in question
– Better sneak system
– Natively implemented Witcher-style alchemy rules (Give potions a toxicity value)
– Natively implemented over-buff rules (There was one mod that did this that was really cool – tied it to the Personality stat)
– Proper Blocking/Guard Breaking
– Lots of eye candy

edit: I've seen people talk about getting "Dark Souls" style combat for Morrowind/Skyrim but I don't think that'd be a good fit. Too much time spent killing mooks and no real "boss" fights to really push the system. Morrowind for me is all about the really nice slow progression.

I think you want a different game

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Mak0rz posted:

I dunno I've kind of grown fond of how everyone walks like they poo poo their pants.

The ultimate goal of all video games is to be indistinguishable from real life.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm waiting until my depression goes away until I play this again, so I don't have it in the way of me enjoying the game to its fullest extent. So, that means it will never happen.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Upmarket Mango posted:

I just wanted to share with this thread the latest update from OpenMW. All the media attention that multiplayer mod got resulted in renewed media attention for OpenMW and as a result they've gotten an influx of new developers, plus a few old-timers returning. The upcoming 0.43 update is already a larger update than 0.42 and will probably include some significant updates to OpenMW-CS too. Shadows are also being worked on, support for different mesh formats besides .nif is being worked on, lots of good stuff :)

http://openmw.org/en/

OpenMW release commentaries on Youtube make my dick hard. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Mr. Crow posted:

Are you Todd Howard

WOW can we not have trolls in this thread thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I wonder what Skooma tastes and feels like IRL. Basically I want to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA