Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Which one of you has your daughter on your shoulders at the Denver Rotting Christ show?

I like/want her avocado hoodie :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

CornHolio posted:

Blind Guardian was one of my favorite concert experiences and they played And Then There Was Silence. It was so good.

And there's a special magic in the air for The Bard's Song.

And then of course, towards the end of the concert...

MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
TRUE HOPE LIES BEYOND THE COAST
YOU'RE A DAMNED KIND CAN'T YOU SEE
THAT TOMORROW BEARS INSAAAAANIIIITYYYYYY [DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLY DEEDLE]

VALHALLA DELIVERANCE
WHY'VE YOU EVER FORGOTTEN ME

*repeat until band gets tired of it and tries to get show back on track*

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
A while ago, someone posted a slam/brutal death metal video where the band had "realistic" lyrics, ie, snort, bleargh, beeeeee. I remember it started with a light intro with lyrics that were nonsense that Lewis Carroll might have written. "I am the gibberjamberjamb" or something like that.

Anyone remember this vid and/or band?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Wachter posted:

I hate that I remember this

https://youtu.be/93H9uCBl0Nw

Awesome. Thanks you!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
From the Steam thread:

Deakul posted:

Imagine my face when it's not Boltthrower making the soundtrack for Boltgun.

Warhammer 40K: Boltgun

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
But if it came to Florida, Gov. Desantis would just put it on a plane and fly it to New York...

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
"If darkness had a son, here I am"
-Metallica

Possibly the lamest lyric I've ever heard. And it's the chorus.

Anything beat this for lameness?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Black metal has by far the most self-serious bands and fans and is also the most objectively silly.

https://twitter.com/LordOfTheShado8/status/1682317898461720577?t=HcNliyaLod0likHkf6kk5Q&s=19

Does any other genre besides BM have a concept like TRVE KVLT?

Also, that "metal stereotypes" drawing that's like "No fun, no moshing allowed". Phone posting so can't find it.

Edit: found it, first one https://metalluminati.com/metalhead-stereotypes-2/

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 22, 2023

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Monstaland posted:

scandinavian neightbours who stopped talking to me the moment i took off my sumglasses discovering im partly asian..

Well yeah, you might be a spy from the ancient enemy or something.

I don't even know. I'm not schizo or on acid enough to understand what that's talking about.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
https://youtu.be/8Bj52UreavU?si=zzhTMklgPDg-hhWZ

Clearly it's because your town is made up for an adult cartoon show.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

who is ready for rap metal to happen again

No one!

Actually, it'd be nice for Anthrax to be relevant again. Public Enemy could probably use the money too.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Oldstench posted:

Keyboard Goop

BAN ME!
hosed up in the head.
BAN ME!
Emptying my sac
BAN ME!
Account's already dead
BAN ME!
I'm never cumming back.

Feels more Groove, so meh.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Vulture Culture posted:

trying to one-up Korpiklaani's energy is a big flex IMO

TrollFest went on Eurovision to play their song "Dance like a pink flamingo" dressed AS pink flamingos.

They've already won the energy contest.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

deadking posted:

Since dungeon synth seems to be able to sneak into the thread (it's black metal), I figured I would post this here lol. I'm helping to organize a DS festival in Austin, Texas next year:

Do...do you mosh to dungeon synth?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday because I am at my desk and remembered edition

I'm glad you do this and worry about you when you go a couple of weeks without a post.

Thank you so much!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Vulture Culture posted:

On the one hand, you have to be a dull meathead to like My Dying Bride. But on the other hand, you have to be a dull meathead that pretends very hard to be interesting to like Agalloch

Naturally I listen to both also

Metal Thread 202X: you have to be a dull meathead to like metal.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

Friday new music day

Effluence, avant-garde brutal death
Aquilus, symphonic black
Terminal Nation, dm
Horn, bm
Feuerschwanz, symphonic power
Brume, doomy post-metal
P.O.D., alt
Dååth, melodeath
Moon Pussy, sludge
Naxen, bm
Bismarck, stoner doom
Demande à la Poussière, sludgy atmoblack
My Silent Wake, death doom
Ba'al, atmoblack
As the Sun Falls, melodeath
Deliria, atmoblack
Ossilegium, bm
Nokturnal, blackened death
Pirate Queen on non-BC, symphonic pm
Urzah, prog
Nyrak, meloblack
Glimt, bm
Cyclocosmia, symphonic

It's also BANDCAMP FRIDAY so Bandcamp will waive their cut of any purchase. So buy some music/merch knowing that 100% of your money will go to the band/label.

(Many bands/labels offer discounts on stuff as well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Man, this just makes me think of Attila