Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Suffocation just posted this video on their facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS6EghVzNsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I love how the guy holds up his CD marked "Regular Price: $19.99" and has no moment of clarity.

Off I go to stream "Pierced from Within" via Grooveshark.

And after that he picks up the $16.99 one, and for a minute I thought he was going short-change himself.

I mean he makes a valid argument in that when record sales drop the label drops bands, etc. etc., but to film yourself, in the mall, at the FYE, buying your own poo poo? The whole thing comes across as really juvenile.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

rxcowboy posted:

Also, where do I start with Dust Bolt?

Violent Demolition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLI5M4OfNjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKPMe5HT7VQ

I mean, they've only got one EP and one full length, so you can't really go wrong.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Vintersorg posted:

anyone worshipping Motöhead gets a pass from me

Hell yeah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3GGAL9JN20

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Great Horny Toads! posted:

Chapel post reminded me to check if Sepulchre has new stuff up. Apparently not. :(

Yeah I keep checking their facebook page for updates. They just can't seem to make it to the states.

If I remember right, Mr. Bling knows more about what they've been up to. I want to say the signer just finished a different project? I'm stabbing at the dark here though.

e: I don't mean to words in his mouth, only that he's consistently had more info on those guys.

Not Very Metal fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 22, 2013

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

That's what I was thinking of, gonna have to track some of their stuff down.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Kvelertak , Cancer Bats and Black Tusk are touring too:

April 22 - Detroit, MI - Shelter St. Andrews
April 24 - Cleveland, OH - The Grog Shop
April 25 - Columbus, OH - Ace of Cups
April 28 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theatre
April 30 - Denver, CO - Larimer Lounge
May 01 - Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
May 11 - Houston, TX - Fitzgerald’s
May 12 - Dallas, TX - Club Dada
May 13 - Austin, TX - Red 7
May 15 - Nashville, - TN Exit/In
May 18 - Philadelphia, - PA Underground Arts
May 21 - Montreal, - QC Les Katacombes
May 22 - Toronto, - ON The Wreck Room

Cancer Bats I'm not too familiar with, but Kvelertak and Black Tusk are loving awesome.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Odoyle posted:

I need some motivation to go see Black Tusk tomorrow in spite of the 6-10" of snow that's supposed to fall during the show. I missed them play with RED FANG at the same venue (an hour south in Boston) a few months back, ugh. I'm a southerner whose pussy gets all dry and sandy when the snow starts falling.

Aren't they playing with Kvelertak? That's a pretty good reason.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

At some point I signed up for their e-mail list, and was really hoping this new one would be a download link as well. It sounds good, getting pretty excited for the album/tour.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
I searched and didn't see anything mentioned about King Parrot, but they're a new-ish grind band from Australia. I just picked up Bite Your Head Off, and it's pretty sweet. I can't really think of an apt comparison as I'm not terribly familiar with grind. The record is really fun, great riffs, and the vocalist is a loving nut.

Skip to about 2:15 in this video to go right to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinvIr-O1k8

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

nomapple posted:

After this description I absolutely have to hear it. So far I think my favourite death metal of the year is the new Tribulation record. The weird, proggy twists it makes in songs like Suspiria have me hooked. I still have so much to check out from this year, but from what I have heard, nothing comes close to Tribulation or Light Bearer so far. With a few more spins, Wardruna might be up there. I definitely need to get on the Inter Arma and Intronaut releases. What have people been digging so far this year? My copies of the new Kvelertak and Voices albums should arrive tomorrow. I've been meaning to listen to Voices for ages but the incorrect tagging on spotify stopped me because I am a last.fm obsessive.

The new Tribulation is loving killer. It was talked about a few weeks (?) ago and I didn't give it much thought at that time, but absolutely should have. I've got one metal-oriented friend who had never heard of them, and totally flipped his poo poo when I played it for him. When the Sky Is Black with Devils is the standout track for me, but its just phenomenal riffs from start to back. Same thing goes for the new Intronaut, different than what I had expected, but in a really, really good way.

Primitive Man's record Scorn is really good, but should probably be in the Stoner/Sludge thread. Howling's A Beast Conceived is pretty rad too.

Big Willy Style posted:

I'm really enjoying King Parrot. I don't know if you are Australian/are aware of Blood Duster, but they share members so that explains the sound a bit.

I am neither Australian nor aware of Blood Duster, but will definitely check them out. Thanks! I have listened to that King Parrot record probably a dozen times since I've gotten it, and can't see myself stopping. It's got all the elements - crazy blastbeats, great riffs, groovy tempo changes, excellent vocals. Love it.

Not Very Metal fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 27, 2013

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Sepulchre just posted on FB that they're back in the studio, and that a new Megiddo record is in the works for later this year. Hell yeah.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Just read an interview with Geezer about a new studio album from Sabbath: http://www.themetalforge.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2044

Obviously going to miss Bill Ward, but still really curious about this record. And they're taking pre-orders, released in June!

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
If you haven't heard it yet and want to see what the hubbub is all about, Pitchfork is streaming Infestissumam:

http://pitchfork.com/advance/67-infestissumam/

/Ghostchat

The new ANCIIENTS album is pretty sweet, reminds me a bit of Opeth (:can:) with more prog and less growls, although there are some in there.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

rxcowboy posted:

Please rub it in later and describe the concert in detail later. I am so loving jealous.

loving poo poo, this. Also the new VHOL is really good.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Morbid Florist posted:

It's loving boring that's for sure

What was so wrong with them touring on their old catalog and maybe throw in a couple ozzy solo songs and some non-ozzy songs... :(

I dunno, there are a few solid riffs in there. The bass tone and drums do kinda sound like poo poo though.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
I thought I'd posted these guys before, but I guess not. Anyway, Incisor was an instrumental death/thrash group that broke up a couple years ago. Click the link at the bottom of their artist page for one of their tracks.

A couple of their members have a new group called Nightkin, and it sounds pretty loving promising.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Morbid Florist posted:

Good! Maybe the rescheduled tour will have more than like 6 dates on it and I can see them.

Good nothing, it's loving AWESOME.

I bought it after hearing one song

Ha ha, fair enough. And yeah, I picked it up after listing to like one or two tracks too. I thought they were doing like this sweet nwobhm homage stuff before I realized that they have a female singer.

And that's really lovely, sad news about Hanneman.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

The Clit Avoider posted:

Speedwolf have continued their propensity for amazing merch with the t-shirts they've printed for MDF. Just go check them out.

Bolzer 12" is out now. Get it.

ahaha, these are awesome.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Going to Baroness on friday cause I need to get out. Coliseum is opening, anyone know about them?

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Cool, thanks. I'll check out that album and then completely forget about it for the show.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
I skipped out on the Orion fest because, you know, it's not 1989 anymore and figured it would be poo poo, but Metallica played Kill 'Em All from front to back in a surprise set yesterday. I think it's pretty cool, also because they were all around town handing out free wristbands and poo poo.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

MrBling posted:

I wouldn't really put too much stock in Lords of Chaos, unless you really like Moynihans fanboy'ish worship of Varg.

Pretty much this. A fun read at best, not really an accurate history though.

This is terrible and you should be ashamed.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
post your MDF trip reports so I can hate my life some more for not going.

e: new page full of regrets

https://youtu.be/2r1jDtKVo1Y

Not Very Metal fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 27, 2015

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

I am this baby irl

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
here's a cool band with members of Temple of Void, Acid Witch, Shitfucker, Perversion, etc

https://nukedetroit.bandcamp.com/

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

kumba posted:

I thought this same thing and, as a former resident of the Detroit 'burbs, I'm sad as well.

as a current resident of detroit i have mixed feelings about it

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm really pumped to see toxic holocaust and nails next week.

yes this, but in like 3 weeks

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fyi toxic holocaust was fun as hell and nails absolutely ruled. Nails looked like they were having so much fun. They played literally every song they still knew how to play and for the last song the main dude hopped in the pit and was moshing around while playing guitar.

Apparently this was the first show of the tour, I hope they keep this energy up for the rest of it. It seemed that maybe the rest of the band wasn't too keen to just keep playing songs but I'm sure the lead guy would have played guitar until he passed out.

hell yes, i'm seeing them in about a week - good to know nails are still killing it

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
forgive the source, but this is hilarious:

Skinny Puppy demands $666,000 in royalties from U.S. government for using their music in Guantanamo torture

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

came here to post mantic ritual as metallica worship

i won tickets through work to see metallica this tour, and i'm 100% excited to maybe see creeping death, motorbreath, or the four horsemen live. i'm not sure what i'll do for the rest of the set though.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Vulture Culture posted:

count the number of times Lars stands up while ending the song on a hi-hat roll and looks around at the crowd like he thinks he just did a magic trick

I've only got ten fingers man

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
Joel grind also mastered this nuke album

https://nukedetroit.bandcamp.com/

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

MrBling posted:

Can't you just listen to Motörhead, Venom and old Destruction, that is pretty much where that sound comes from.

Or listen to this https://sepulchre.bandcamp.com/album/sepulchre

sepulchre is so loving sick, every time you post them i'm going to thank you for posting them originally

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Vargatron posted:

Metallica still slays live. Goddamn gently caress this hangover though.

awesome, seeing them wednesday

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
welp metallica loving ripped last night, definitely worth the free tickets

fake edit: gently caress to ufomammut

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

your favorite band loving sucks

i bought a t-shirt from the onion with this slogan on it because i'm a cool slogan t-shirt wearing adult

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
is acme metalcore? cause acme is loving sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WeilXk_y34

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!
rip fast eddie

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42650076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU