Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
That Lugubrum track gets posted every time saxophone in metal comes up and guess what? It whips rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

A human heart posted:

They're a very underrated band, basically all the early albums rule. Haven't been so impressed with the recent stuff though, its a bit too wacky

Seriously. The Dutch/Flemish black metal scene is criminally underrated given the amount of great albums it puts out.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol the new anal hat rack song

It's terrible. I guess it's appropriate that Anaal Nathrakh has turned into a lovely metalcore band given Metal Blade's roster ca. 10 years ago.

deadking fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 19, 2018

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Nothing. I was phone posting and hit quote on the wrong post like a smart brain guy.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Kvlt! posted:

While were on the subject of Anaal Nathrakh does anyone have any more "grind fusion" reccomendations? I love deathgrind, blackened grind, basically grind+another genre is good

Vermin Womb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkfy4sdQPM

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Powerviolence maintains more of the characteristics of hardcore punk while grindcore "conventionally" relies on more metal influences.

Basically:

Snowy posted:

Powerviolence has two speeds

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

silvergoose posted:

"White Nationalism is for Basement Dwelling Losers"
"The Left Are the Real Fascists"

I see.

One of those song titles is sarcastic and the other isn't if that helps.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Nordick posted:

Nothing about the poster A human heart is cool.

He (?) likes Vlad Tepes who whip more rear end than most of the bands in this thread tbqh.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Fenrir posted:

Where do Deathspell Omega rank on the Nazi metal scale, asking for a friend

Mikko Aspa is their vocalist sooo...

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
So I have a ticket to see Batushka in NYC on august 14th but I broke my humerus yesterday so I can't go. If anyone here wants the ticket let me know and I'll shoot you the details.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

hooah posted:

The recommendation megathread's OP said to come here for metal recommendations, so here I am; feel free to deride me if I should go back there instead.

I'm looking for some stuff that's musically like Meshuggah or All That Remains but has more ...normal singing, for lack of a better term. I don't care for the screaming/whatever you want to call it that's super guttural.

You might get some mileage out of Augury if that woman who does clean vocals for them is still in the band.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Detective Thompson posted:

Just finished listening to the new full length from Infernal Coil. It's not officially out yet, but I got a copy at a show they played last Thursday. It rips.
https://infernalcoil.bandcamp.com/album/within-a-world-forgotten

Infernal Coil absolutely rips and I'm super excited for their new album. They are also probably the loudest band I have ever seen live in the best ways.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Realm of Chaos is the correct answer, followed closely by The IVth Crusade. I also Like In Battle There Is No Law! a lot more than other people seem to.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Dead Goon posted:

I've sorta casually listened to both bands but not really got into them. What albums should I be listening too?

The essential Immolation albums IMO are Here in After, Failures for Gods, and Close to a World Below. Atonement, the album from last year, is supposed to be a big improvement over the handful that came before it as well.

deadking fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 8, 2018

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Atonement is the third best of the ones since CtaWB imo. Majesty and Decay and Kingdom of Conspiracy are better.

Huh, I guess skip it then. Majesty and Decay didn't really grab me and I kind of checked out on Immolation after that one.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Parachute posted:

ehhh i think overall failures for gods and here in after are almost as good as ctawb.

These two are real good.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

COOL CORN posted:

Hahaha Nachtmystium is putting out a new album. How does Blake even show his face in public anymore

Turns out on top of being a (recovering?) heroin addict Blake is also a tremendously stupid and lovely person.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
I mean, sure. Just don't order it from Ascension Monuments Media lol.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Nazzadan posted:

I have almost every single one of those JI bootlegs, the Leviathan comp that came after 1st Sublevel (I forgot the name), and a Leviathan/Nachtmystium split on order from AMM. I have received a whopping 1 record so far, and it was one I ordered separately than the bulk orders. At this point I'm not filing claims because I want to ride it out and see how long it will possibly take to get my product, and if I just never get it I'll take him to small claims since he is like 2 hours from me.
If anyone isn't familiar with the situation, hit up http://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118223&sid=e00376a511bd9c28f2983dd0b22460d3&start=640

The only AMM releases I picked up were 1st Sublevel and the Suicide Forest LP (which has a super cringy Rick and Morty sample in the middle of a song) and I got them from Nuclear War Now. Blake must have put these out before the wheels completely fell off because he actually sent them to NWN. I think he now owes Yosuke $7,000 and a bunch of Leviathan records.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Never Stop the Blake Madness:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heavyvinyl...yXD2eNkzz47jL8Y

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Shot in the dark, but has anyone ordered from Torture Garden Pictures recently? I ordered an Insect Warfare record from him a few months ago and he hasn't been responding to emails.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Upcoming new Obsequiae, Diocletian, and Pissgrave albums mean 2019 is going to be a monster.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Nazzadan posted:

*stands up bravely*
Genres are actually really good and there's nothing wrong with properly categorizing subgenres.

*nods solemnly in agreement as I reorganize my record collection into distinct black/death metal and blackened death metal sections*

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Blasphemy Made Flesh

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Don’t mind me posting this here but the rest of nmd sucks and is bad and there’s surely some crossover. What happened to the neofolk/martial industrial thread? It’s hard to dodge the nazis and the people who think david tibet is nazi but I want to find some new stuff. The new Current 93 is really good.

I did somehow miss out on Die Æsthetik der Herrschaftsfreiheit. An album a lot of people seem to think is one of the best of the genre and Rome has been one of my favorite bands for 10+ years. Oops. Getting on that asap.

That thread died from lack of posts I think.

Die Aesthetik is probably Rome's best album (albums?) But I definitely slept on it when it came out, probably because the 3 albums in one release thing annoyed me at the time. I have high hopes for the upcoming Rome album because he's billed it as a return to his older material which is good because I think Hall of Thatch sucked.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

apparently one of the metalsucks dudes manages them, which seems like a disaster waiting to happen

Apparently Todd from Nails was blowing them up a few days ago for this reason because he's mad about that Metalsucks article from 2 and a half years ago which called Nails meathead metal or something.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

He... has a "YOUNG AND IN THE WAY INNOCENT" take. Todd Jones is a loving idiot basically.

I forgot about that part which is way more hosed up. Especially since he claims someone from Magrudergrind did the rape even though everyone who was there including the victim says otherwise.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Oldstench posted:

I'm an insane collector, but some people are just so loving stupid with their money.

I have no idea why people pay so much for that Moonblood album. It's not great and there are so many bootlegs floating around.

In good news for breaking the back of the discogs market John Gossard said in an interview a few months ago that he's thinking about rereleasing the Weakling album on vinyl. That thing sells for about 500ish bucks these days.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Snowy posted:

gently caress I better sell my extra copy

Given his work pace in Dispirit I'd say you have plenty of time.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Switching from stuff by racists to stuff about racists, the Lords of Chaos trailer dropped. In theaters next month after all this time.

https://youtu.be/M7zrHiqoJ6k

This movie looks pretty bad but I do like that Åkerlund seems to be emphasizing how young and middle class the second wave BM guys were when all that happened. It's a part of that whole story that tends to get buried by the mythology surrounding the Norwegian scene so I'll probably give it a shot if it comes to a theater nearby.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is stoner black metal a thing? If not it should be.

Black metal's drugs of choice seem to have been heroin in the 2000s (Blake, lol) and psychedelics now.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Black Seeds of Vengeance 100%

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

lol @ calling Somerville Boston, anyone who is going to be interested in that show is not going to be confused if it says Somerville

Why do concert promoters do that, anyway? Like I can understand the various neighborhoods like Allston or Jamaica Plain being lumped into Boston, because they are Boston, but Somerville is an entirely different city.

They did this a lot in the Sacramento area back when the Boardwalk in Orangevale was booking a lot of metal shows.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
My friend pointed out that you can dress yourself head to toe in Behemoth merch and I don't feel well:

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Showing up to my next 35 y/o and up rec league basketball game in that outfit ready to go hard in the paint.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Yeah, I always found that the rebound on nylon tips was better for blast beats but in hindsight I think that was mostly my imagination.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

A human heart posted:

are nocturnal fear the guys that got into a stupid feud with diocletian a few years ago or was that someone else?

Yep, those are the guys. I can't exactly remember what happened but I think NF threatened Diocletian when they were supposed to play Detroit back in 2014 or something.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Speaking of bad metal shirts I don't think I've ever seen a Willowtip shirt that didn't look and feel terrible.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Serpent Column and House of Atreus are good substitutes if you don't want to mess with all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
The new Diocletian track, to me, sounds good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYiDrXDmQM