Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Beeswax posted:

This is like listening to Lagana & co circle jerk about all the hilarious tweets they've made. Jesus Christ.

No it isn't. It really isn't at all like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Moose Bigelow posted:

We're all full but I can see about getting you a spot on the #tWo B team.

Twitter Superstar Lloyd Van Buren.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Flameingblack posted:

He's going to watch a Young Bucks match and get really confused.

Shawn's met the Young Bucks. They were backstage at a WWE event and he sat with them at catering because Marty put them over to him beforehand.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I'd let him stay with me but I still can't get the stink of Steen out of my curtains.

He has an open invitation to sleep on my futon if he's ever in the Baltimore area. Hopefully he'll work an indy up here during baseball season this year.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Actually it was posted quite a while back, but I'm always happy to see it again.

Was he talking to himself when he posted that?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Hey cool, someone else didn't like how Wind Waker ended.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

Kevin Steen is getting close.

I'd put Chris Jericho in that category too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bobkatt013 posted:

Also Scott does all the poo poo to his body to deal with his PTSD while Chyna has just lost her mind due to drugs and alcohol.

All this talk of dysfunctional substance abuse has led me to wonder: what happened to Sandman? He just dropped off the face of the Earth after TNA stopped using him. Is he still wrestling?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

Sandman owns a bar?

And it didn't go out of business the first hour?

You wouldn't know it from his personal conduct, but Sandman is surprisingly not an idiot when it comes to business dealings.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

oldpainless posted:

I imagine the Sandman taking 10 minutes walking around the room cracking beers and smoking cigarettes in an expensive suit during his business dealings.

I imagine the Sandman tapping his glass at a big corporate fundraiser and toasting industry before smashing the glass on his forehead.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Glitterbomber posted:

Here lemmie channel Cole.

GOOD THING HIS FAT GUT STOPPED HIM HUH? ONE GOOD THING FROM THIS EATING HOSPITAL FOOD SHOULD CUT SOME WEIGHT DOWN! I BET THE EMTS COULDN'T TELL WHERE AIRBAG ENDED AND WHERE HIS FAT BUTT BEGAN! HIS BUTT IS BLEEDING!

JR'S FAT BUTT IS TRENDING WORLDWIDE ON TWITTER!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would pay anything to just sit in a house and watch UFC with Stone Cold and DDP

That would be the best "hang out with a celebrity" auction of all time.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Grandpa Pap posted:

You would think after the Daniel Puder incident, Kurt Angle wouldn't be all that eager to challenge anyone to a shoot. :v:

He didn't challenge Puder, though. Puder is an rear end in a top hat who took advantage of a work on live television. In a fight they were both expecting, I think Angle would do better for himself.

That said, he's insane and I'm really afraid that he'll either die in the ring or kill himself in the next year or two.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

Uh, no not at all. The Tough Enough guys were put through exhausting trials to soften them up for angle and then were put in with Angle with the idea that Angle would humble them. It wasn't supposed to be a work, it was supposed to be real, which is why they worked the guys to the point of exhaustion before hand. Puder just had the ability to fight back.

Oh. Well, I'm glad I know the whole story now. I was hating on Puder for no reason all this time.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gonzo McFee posted:

Classic projection. Dude convinced himself if he got another go at running a wrestling company he'd win and he's been utterly humiliated by a past it Vince McMahon that wasn't even trying to beat him. Now he's pointing fingers at everyone but himself.

Bret's calm, rational iceburns on Twitter make everyone who talks poo poo about him look like a douche, too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cardboard Box posted:

Petey Williams as Little Steiner was a complete waste of him imo.

Yeah, as funny as Scott is when he's ripping on people we don't like, he's a roided-up rear end in a top hat who can't go anymore and yet refuses to retire.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

achillesforever6 posted:

It was actually pretty awesome, this fucker can make you die for something just by his words alone.

Unfortunately, he's full of poo poo. Paul E. had plenty of help getting to where he is, unless his friendships with Eddie Gilbert and Tod Gordon don't count, not to mention the TV exposure on WCW television. He even brings some of that up, but then ignores it for that stupid bootstraps diatribe at the end of his rant.

No one gets over in a vacuum - people get over because other people help get them over. Steve Austin had Bret Hart and Vince, HHH had the rub from DX and his feuds with Cactus Jack and the Rock, Flair had Steamboat and Dusty and Harley Race, and so on. Unfortunately, current WWE booking makes that impossible because they set standards for what a WWE Superstar is and then punish anyone who rises to meet them who isn't HHH or someone he likes. For Paul to blame that on the talent is absurd and he should know better.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

apsouthern posted:

In case you wondered what Axl Rotten is up to at the moment. What? Someone might have been wondering...

http://www.tout.com/m/8kypo8?ref=tw706egq

Wow, he doesn't look nearly as meth'd out as I thought he would.

...it's pretty sad that I have nothing else to say about Axl Rotten.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

If Washington actually intends to go into standup comedy, he is gonna have one hell of a time dealing with hecklers if his only comeback is to tell people to shut up.

That's the least of his problems. The bigger issue is that his act will be terrible because people that concerned with being "edgy" never have anything relevant/funny/interesting to say, and he's such a pisspants crybaby that he'll have trouble getting booked after a while.

edit: I mean, we all know how this is going to turn out for him; we saw his lovely ECW show, and he won't have Tony Atlas' laugh to bail him out of not being funny.

CombineThresher fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 11, 2012

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

Punk's issues with Steen wearing a shirt are slightly more reasonable

Really? Punk was being a 'sperg over something that doesn't really matter, in my opinion. Maybe all that admonishment from Raven about ring jackets rubbed off on him. The whole thing sounds more like Punk trying to big-dog a new guy than a legitimate grievance.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Not to mention that Punk wrestled in basketball shorts until right before the WWE signed him, so he's really not qualified to judge what other people wrestle in. At least Steen always had a real singlet.

Bocc Kob posted:

Raven was right though, wearing a jacket to the ring automatically makes you cooler.

Agreed, but he still harps on it way too much.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HerraS posted:

lol at the loving lovely wwe writing team that sucks dicks being pissy babbies because the loving Rock didn't want to abide by their lovely script

Oh, it'll get worse. Just wait until they get fired and start podcasts complaining about Vince and bragging about all their sick burns on Twitter.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chuck is only weird in context because his gimmick is being the only normal person in wrestling

Chuck isn't weird as much as he's a neurotic mess. Trent is a genuine weirdo.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Neodoomium posted:

I choose to believe this is 100% Excalibur's influence

Either that or Nyla's shitposting is even more powerful than we'd thought.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

FunMerrania posted:

I've wrestled these guys once lol. They aren't Aces and 8's, they're called Unite Freak last I saw, similar biker nwo gimmick.

edit: The lovely fed in the backwoods of quebec where Aces and 8's run wild is deserving of it's own thread but I'm too lazy to start one.

They kinda remind me of my favorite shitbag NC indy stable, the Rat Pak.

CombineThresher fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 6, 2020

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mongo was loving terrible at wrestling and color commentary, but his whole aura was spontaneous and disorganized and that's refreshing after two decades of overproduced, boring WWE television.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is great, and it would be even better if she had this sort of conversation with her father.

It wouldn't surprise me if she has; according to Ric, they argue all the time when they travel together.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gumball Gumption posted:

He was a goth kid at the time. He even liked the wrong version of the misfits.

He also claims to have been a member of the wrong version of the Misfits! Source: he told me this at a WCW Thunder taping.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

I didn't know much about Kylie until about 6 months prior to AEW. Was she always this snarky on Twitter? I love it, but it's definitely in contrast to her wrestling persona and I figured it'd extend. For someone not following her, my assumption is that she got tired of all of the bullshit and rumors surrounding her AEW departure and just doesn't have time for idiots anymore.

I think it's that to an extent, but she recently explained in an interview that her character is supposed to be hyperactive instead of endlessly chipper/perky, and she did resent the comparisons to Bayley somewhat. Also she's had plenty to be snarky about recently.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

KungFu Grip posted:

Gill is sometimes one of the weakest non wrestling parts of a GCW show. i much rather have two drunk wrestlers shooting the poo poo and marking out than him sometimes. the last GCW Japan shows were real bad because they were mixing up Japanese dudes left and right and at some point just not naming the one guy in the match.

Gill's a nice guy but he only works in promotions that aren't meant to be taken seriously. JCW was perfect for him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wait he's going to jail now?

Not at the moment - Pollyanna followed up by saying it was wishful thinking, but she's grateful to everyone who came forward. She's absolutely justified in wanting that, and celebrating his and Bea's releases, but she should probably log off for a bit, too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rarity posted:

He looks like an AJ Styles waxwork that's melting

He looks more like someone faceswapped him with Michael Hayes.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Orange Carlisle posted:

Just your every couple month "Johnny Blast still rules" post. He's a country redneck from WV that hates Trump and has a multiracial family. You can't put my man Blast in a category and it rules.

Johnny Blast rules and the Q&A he did here a few years back also ruled. He's very down to earth.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Could Gangrel even cut a promo? All I remember of the Brood was him showing his fangs and doing blood stuff and I can’t ever remember hearing him talk.

Not really, but he's still a fun veteran presence on the indies who isn't completely lazy in the ring. He's more campy than Abadon though; she's going for full-on grotesque and is nailing it thanks to her makeup and body language.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

History Comes Inside! posted:

They’re big as hell though and there are two of them.

Genuinely surprised Vince didn’t make them Tag Champs for Life + Dual Universal Champions on size alone.

Weren't they always injured, or am I thinking of two other big oafs?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Meltzer has weird and lovely attitudes about women, good on Miro for sticking up for his family.

He also phrases things in the dumbest way possible a lot of the time, so I'd blame him before Rusev for any miscommunication here.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

Imagining Dave in Hell just having to be in attendance for UWF shows for all eternity

Herb Abrams' UWF or Steve the Hustla's UWF?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was thinking Herb's lol didn't know there was another!

The Urban Wrestling Federation was both extremely bad and really, really great.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alaois posted:

there were 4 different UWFs, 3 of which all stood for the same thing, Universal Wrestling Federation. Urban Wrestling Federation is the only outlier.

And the coolest of all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Cornette is always banging on about this re: HBK, right?

Yes, but only because he refuses to let go of a 20-year-old grudge, as per usual.