Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of the clips on youtube, what happened to all the video they took? If I remember correctly, they filmed the entirety of episode 100, and then on a couple episodes after that they made reference to the film crew being there, but they haven't released any full episodes on video. There's a few clips of bits on youtube that look like they're from different episodes based on changing attire, is that all they put up of the rest of the episodes that were filmed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gabrielx posted:

Is there a way to download this show that isnt the lovely in browser media player or iTunes? The third link in the OP only has shows up to a year ago.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/uhhyeahdude/podcast

e: Find an episode and right-click and choose 'Save as' or something like it(depending on the browser)

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yanni Estacado posted:

god, jah's story about stealing the horse guy's weed at boarding school owns
I am a Rastafarian, and it is against my religion to lie and steal.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

What episode is this story? It sounds amazing.

Episode 124, about 27 minutes in.

As an aside, it's easier to just google 'UYD' and whatever you're searching for to find anything on the wiki than it is to actually search the wiki. I don't know if it's just me or what, but every time I've tried using the search box on the page it just loads for a while until I get an error.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hrpff posted:

A cool moment from 135:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV2QEOyyjTk
Jizzface!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drewsky posted:

How many listeners does Uhh Yeah Dude have?
All of them. All the listeners.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's with episodes being recorded on Thursday or Friday but not being uploaded until Monday or Tuesday?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Same old taco smell! :mad:

e: 02-02-20-12

bango skank fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 16, 2011

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gardias posted:

It's a very sincere car.

Hahaha jesus christ, it's hilarious to start with, but the way the image is distorted makes it impossible not to laugh.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WoG posted:

I believe that's Amir, the other half of Jogger.
Whooooooo am I?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's lit up in the middle of the show before though, hasn't he?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Much like the website and wiki, they need to outsource the editing and posting of the podcast. Jah could still pick his intro and outro music but if they just handed the raw audio over to someone from their forum maybe the show could start getting posted at a regular time and day of the week. I don't even know what takes so long that it doesn't go up until wednesday or thursday sometimes. :mad:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheOtherContraGuy posted:

I loved the showed, but I brought four friends who don't listen to UYD and two of them had to walk out because the Craigslist ads were too much for them.

Were they your grandparents?

"Oh my, did that man just say something about ejaculating into another man?!" :monocle:

bango skank fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 15, 2012

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm thinking they should probably have more time in between the live shows than they did Seattle and LA. Seemed like there was a lot less energy in the latter than the former.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I don't always vibe with Jah's steez though, since he slept on Breaking Bad and totally dissed Brother Ali in one of their rap lyric episodes despite the fact that Ali's hands down awesome. Still, I must admit I've picked up a few cool artists because of the random beginning/ending songs Jah sticks on the episodes.

Whaaaaaaat? What episode was this?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Which one? Sleeping on Breaking Bad or dissing Brother Ali?
Thank god for Weck's Wiki...

Episode 65 they do Brother Ali's "Star Quality" for their "Hip Hop Song of the Week" and I was really surprised by Jah ripping it apart like it was some Soulja Boy poo poo or something, especially because his taste is usually on point. Mind you "Star Quality" isn't some amazing song or anything but he just slowly chewed over/analyzed every line and any lyrics could be framed as asinine under that level of scrutiny.

As for sleeping on Breaking Bad, I don't know exactly, I seem to remember it was back when BB first started in early 2008. So probably an episode in late January 08 or sometime in February 08? I can't really track it down in Weck's and I'm not going to rove through the podcasts for it. It's not like they straightup dissed it or anything, they just didn't really seem to buy into the hype or consider it interesting or worth checking out, though they never reassessed it later on (as it grew more and more successful and acclaimed) so who knows.

Props to Jah for highlighting a few awesome Q-Tip songs though, I was definitely missing out sleeping on that guy.
I was referring to the Brother Ali bit, cause I've listened to every episode and really like Ali, thought I would've remembered him talking poo poo. Thanks for finding it for me, I'm going to have to re-listen to that one and send him an angry text years after the fact.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Marvin_Gardens posted:

yes! Do Laterne and Schneer know about this?

downright talkin with laterne and schneer!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcvey posted:

No they literally mean "wink wink".

Unless I've misread what you're saying.

vvv holy poo poo that's amazing. :lol:
Someone needs to call Seth and ask, because I'm pretty sure Gibbone is closer to the mark. It being a substitute for "wink wink" doesn't even really make any sense(aside from the two words sounding kind of similar) and it is used pretty exclusively in relation to things of a sexual nature, but everyone here seems to think otherwise.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Quake posted:

I liked the whole April fool's thing and Jonathan going " u mad" and Seth losing it.
I loved this. Seth going "BUT IT WAS loving MARCH STILL!" only made it better.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's probably just me but I've kinda gotten the impression lately that Jonathan is getting tired of doing the show. :smith:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Binowru posted:

I get the impression that Jonathan is literally a 30-something Jeff Lebowski
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

causticBeet posted:

Fight episode?

I think it's 65? Jonathan and Seth get into it over adoption.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insanity Prawn posted:

Episode 89 actually, and yeah, Seth and Jah went a bit crazy due to some form of gas leak.
I thought it might be that, had it down first but then checked my downloaded episodes cause I thought I downloaded the fight episode recently but all I have is 65 for some reason.

e: ohhh, 65 is schneer and latern.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 29, 2012

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fistgrrl posted:

Cableknit sweater: I'M HAWT
Baby, they will kick us off of this plane.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a starwar betamax posted:

Hey! Is there an alternate spot I can download old episodes from? I'm about to go out of my mind without Johnathan and Seth in my earholes.

I even went so far as downloading another podcast. Something called the Pof D Kodcast. It was... bad. I'm sorry Johnathan. I'm sorry Seth.

You should be able to get most the episodes from the feedburner link on the homepage.

e: Now that I'm home I went to get the link to post but that's down too.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 13, 2012

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ahahah everyone involved in that bullshit just comes off as the nuttiest person ever. You mean people who devote way too much of their personal time to trivial Internet Thing are complete headcases? :monocle:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I carved Seth and Jonathan's likenesses into my abdomen and they took out a restraining order on me, these guys are unfunny JERKS and FAILURES!!!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

Talked to Seth for about 10 minutes tonight, that was pretty cool. Really brought it home for me after listening to however many hours of this show. It's pretty rad that they interact so freely with their fans.

Yeah but how long were you crying for afterwards?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LesterGroans posted:

No one's saying they actually hate gays, they're saying that maybe words he's used haven't lost their meaning.

Says who? Who decides when a word's meaning has officially changed? I know for myself at least that when I head the word "human being" I don't think of gay people, I think of someone being annoying or stupid.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

He works at a dispensary or at least worked at one recently. They mentioned it on Jordan Jesse Go. Also Seth's Sexy Sativa is named after him. Hopefully the dispenary will be able to get an injunction, though.

PS: Hey Los Angeles. Good job destroying thousands of jobs in a recession and pumping money into the black market. Are you ok?

But I have to push my baby through literal clouds of marijuana smoke!!! :qq:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When will this ludicrous worship of women and blacks stop? It's destroying America!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've doubted that he doesn't actually at least drink, especially during Marcia's most recent episode(I think) when she offered him some wine.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

soru posted:

You're crazy if you think he's lying about being sober for all these years.

Yeah after six years of sticking to the story I'm pretty convinced that he is, it just seemed weird that his mom would offer him wine knowing how long he's been sober.

e: his neuroses mainly being evidence for his sobriety.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else notice the album art for 343 is a drawing of Seth and Jonathan laughing and slapping?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RustyTrombone posted:

Where's the link to this? I'll put your work in progress in the OP.

Cervixalot posted:

Here's the current playlist on Grooveshark: http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Uhhyeahdude69+com/78178030

Lots more to go!

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He actually looks younger there, so it may not be an actual freakout but it may be older.

Also I feel like I've seen it before, though I don't know where.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, just attribute it to Seth being a pretty decent actor at least when it comes to snapping on dudes and not an actual crazy rant. I doubt they would even have a decade old audition tape let alone be able to post it to Funny or Die in 2012.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 15, 2012

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't sleep on Deep Space 9.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

It's pretty well established that Seth works at a dispensary, no secret hints needed.
By what? I've listened to every episode and nothing aside from some of the real names of weed strains in weed/horse/mind's eye and one mention of him having a mmj recommendation form in a stolen usps bucket has really implied that he works at a dispensary.

Beeez posted:

Oh, I'll keep listening for sure. I'm really enjoying it, I just noticed that everyone in this thread talks about how ignorant Jah is and I thought it was strange that no one ever said Seth is a pretty ridiculous person himself. But I am only like 18-19 episodes in, so maybe I'll be able to tell when Seth's sincere more as I go on. I certainly didn't think his entire output so far was a "character", but maybe when I get further in I'll understand.
Just keep listening, you'll develop a sense for when it's just shtick eventually. When I first started listening I really believed in Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beep by grandpa posted:

Seth shows how awesome he is during that fight because as soon as Jon becomes super hostile he switches from his persona on the show to being a good friend and trying to calm down this crazy lunatic as the only actual sane person in the room :stare:

I feel like Jon didn't really believe what he was saying there at all and was just spouting off that bullshit to be hip and above it all and intellectually being all about the destination maaaaan.

If I remember correctly he's got an adopted sister, or papa Larroquette adopted his wife's daughter or something, so maybe it just hit kind of close to home.