Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aussie goons, JB HiFi are doing the Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel plus pedals and shifterfor $699 including delivery

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/xbox-360/fanatec-porsche-911-turbo-s-wheel-includes-clubsport-pedals-and-shifter-set/647481

EDIT: Unavailable at the moment. Hopefully this means they are getting in the FM4 wheels. The other Australian Fanatec importer only has the PS3/PC wheels in stock

You Am I fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

webmeister posted:

I'm in Australia and we don't get it until the 14th anyway :(

:eng101: 13th.

God I hope the Aussie shops don't pull the same trick as the US ones with the LCE package...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sunday Punch posted:

Well I haven't heard anything from GAME since placing my preorder so I'm hoping no news is good news. Only three days left for them to run out of stock anyway.

I have also preordered through GAME, see what happens over the next couple of days :ohdear:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sunday Punch posted:

Goddamn you delayed Australian release, why couldn't we get 4 early just like 3 :smith:
Yeah, drat that two day wait :(

Sunday Punch posted:

Yeah luckily GAME Australia 1. were still accepting preorders 2. were asking $98 for the LCE 3. had the 1M for the bonus car. It's pretty much the only one I really wanted!
Really? I paid $109 at my GAME store. Fuckers.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sunday Punch posted:

I ordered online, did you do it in store? I know JB HiFi also had different prices depending on how you preordered.
Instore, too impatient to wait for mail. Got a SMS last night saying the game was ready to pick up this morning, might have a chat about getting credit for the difference in cost.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Been playing multiplayer with friends for 4 solid hours.

Love this game, really surprised how the lap times are slower, probably because of the new tyre physics and the fact we were racing stock cars.

Just drive the XB Falcon around the Top Gear track. Loved the exhaust note on it, exactly like a big port 351 :australia:

Sunday Punch: When I picked up the game from GAME, they mentioned it was cheaper than what I preordered it for, so gave me credit at their store for the difference.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How are people getting decals/vinyls on their headlights? I tried doing it with a Ford Ka, but the manufacturer logos wont cover them, they go invisible over the headlights.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brainwrong posted:

2 hours in and I love the AI / difficulty. I'm actually having close races, on at least 3 occasions it's come down to the last corner of the last lap.

Really? So far in my career mode the AI has been as dumb as a box of hammers, and there doesn't seem to be a setting in the Difficulty menu to make them harder/smarter.

Sunday Punch posted:

So glad I went with the 037. Shared in the GTCC clubroom

Everyone needs to go do the Top Gear rivals challenge with the Radical on the 'Ring. It's so much fun!
I might line that up with you some time on the weekend

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brace posted:

Yeah, even though I'm loving up with it(obviously) it's so much nicer to be able to get through a corner without having to kill the breaks, and coming out of a corner and dusting every other car on the track is great.

Most corners are second or third gear. Keep to that rule and you'll have 95% of corners worked out.

Also the things that slow down and stop your car are called brakes :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I can't believe how much fun the Top Gear track is. Was racing against a friend and AI last night, he was in a V12 Aston Martin Vantage, me in a Ferrari 360 (modded to be at the top of A class) and we were having a great time. Especially once you have worked out how to attack the follow through and the corner after it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Being a bogan Australian car lover, I have to sperg about the XB Falcon GT. It had painted bumpers from the factory, not chrome bumpers!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

John Goss' Bathurst winning Falcon from 1974. Even though it was an XA model that won it, I can not find wheels in Forza to suit the XB model, so have started on the earlier one instead. Work in progress at the moment.

This is the original car

You Am I fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 19, 2011

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Revolvyerom posted:

I'm aware, I've played Forza since it's first game's inception, several other series along the way, have a wheel I could hook up that seems best suited for it, and have several years of open-track and autocross under my belt. I'll just fart around with the deadzone settings a bit, it may be that it's too high, so by the time the wheel starts to turn, I'm already cranked too far over on the thumbstick.

I have had no need to screw around with the advanced settings for the controller in Forza. Maybe try another controller with your XBox, the controller you are currently using might be faulty or wearing out.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The little A class Peugeot rally car, with slicks on it, is one of the best cars to race around the Top Gear track with. Flat out through the follow through and tyres, even people who I was racing with said I had balls of steel :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Done some more work on the Goss Bathurst winning Falcon. Thanks to Sunday Punch and others in this thread for tips and ideas. Still work in progress:

Took me ages to do the old school Bridgestone logo shields for the headlights, and the hockey stick strips for the side

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Lancia 037 is a killer A class car

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DrPain posted:

I'm so gay for track days rivals. Just cracked the top 2% on hockenhiem.

Take that, "ThreeAbboEskie", if that is your real name.
How the gently caress could someone have a username like that and not be banned from XBox Live?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That January pack looks pretty boring. Bring on February

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm starting to lose enjoyment doing multiplayer racing with friends, my skill levels have gone backwards and I can barely keep up with them anymore when we're racing in the same class together :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sex Vicar posted:

Spa-Francorchamps will make it's Forza Debut in FM5

Laguna Seca is back as well, but Spa was number one on most peoples wishlists (Or it was Bathurst) so a really good addition by Turn 10.

What do they mean Laguna Seca is back? It's in FM4, friends and I have been playing that track religiously the past few weeks.

I want Bathurst, but Spa will do for the time being.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aardmania posted:

On a related note, a local store must be clearing room in its warehouse, because these 360 consoles just appeared in their electronics section. I took this picture earlier today.

This is the 2007 Arcade model, tagged at the last price that the store had in the inventory system. This model only has the 256meg memory card, so it isn't even able to run the upgraded dashboard. It is also $50 more than the 4GB units that are sitting in the next display case.

J-Tag time? :)

I said come in! posted:

Well hopefully all of the talent will leave Turn-10 then and start a new company. Dan Greenawalt without the big executives across across the street breathing down his neck, would make a pretty amazing racing sim that i'm sure would rival even Forza in quality.
You really want someone to give you a gold star and a pat on the back for hating the XBox One, don't you? Yes we get it, you don't want a XBox One. Good for you. Move on.

You Am I fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 26, 2013

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Awww yeah been waiting for this for ages. Can't wait for the mayhem on top of the Mountain, especially through the Skyline and Forest Elbow.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Captain Hair posted:

MINI wasn't around in the 60's T10 :colbert:
No, what you mean is that the fat bloated MINI wasn't around in the 60s :colbert:

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

They posted a new picture of the Bathurst course on their Facebook page. They said they'd post a couple more but it's been a while and I haven't seen any other ones pop up yet.

edit:

Dar-rool. Can't wait to run that track. I hope they bring out some old 1970s Australian Group C Touring cars for it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sex Vicar posted:

New Showroom update for FM5. This weeks cars are no major surprises either but nice confirmed returns like the Quattro and Civic.

There was a Holden leaked in the week in review section as well though it's not a great shot of the dash so we don't know what one yet. Bathurst gameplay if you squint as well.

That's a VE or VF Commodore dashboard, so the car will be a HSV of some sort

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Microsoft is flogging the crap out of FM 5 at Bathurst this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sex Vicar posted:

So, Who wants 1080P 60FPS Direct Feed of Spa Francochamps?

It's full of surprises like a new car revealed at the 2:10 mark :getin:

Looks cool, but the video that was streaming for me was full of compression pixels for at least 3/4ths of it.

• Locked thread