Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

RandallODim posted:

Also, Feferi really is turning out to have been important for getting the Dream Bubbles blown, though at the same time this does make one wonder if they would have set them up even without her to make it possible to save their own skins from Lord English.

What's really going to cook your noodle later on is, would their skins have needed saving from Lord English if they hadn't set the bubbles up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

It's obvious that Lord English is Caliborn, but it's just as obvious that there's going to be a (lovely?) twist.

The lovely twist is (wait one year before you finish reading this post) Caliborn is already Lord English!

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Something Awful forums user Pigbuster is responsible for this beautiful work of art.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
"GT: Hey watch it now. Youre DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!"

"uu: THIS IS GOING TO BE GAY AS HELL."

It's like both Caliborn and Jake English are vying for my heart

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Koos' hotpants

Nixon: Jesus Christ.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
I think most likely brain ghost Dirk's realness attribute reaches critical mass but he dies heroically trying to help Roxy, so all Dave sees when he arrives is another dead Bro. Gotta drag that meetup out another couple months.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Bell_ posted:

Plus, while we know the journey that the bunny took, there's still the mystery of how Jade and Jake became pen pals in the first place, and whether more than Granny Jade was responsible.

I think, given the references to arm twisting here and here and the general planning Callie did to arrange sending the bunny back we're to assume that Callie set up the pen pal correspondence.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Thwack! posted:

Perhaps maybe the ring and Dirk's soul snatching power will be evenly matched to the point where her soul will get ripped in two resulting in a) a double dead Aranea or b) splintering into two Aranea souls.

Pretty sure she'd somehow end up either octuple dead or splintered into eight souls.

Hopefully things between Dirk and Aranea end with a stalemate so one of the more interesting characters can resolve this battle.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
:stare::catstare::jebstare::stonk::staredog:

Fancy Hat! posted:

Y'know, almost kind of worth it to see Caliborn's "That nerd just beat the poo poo out of me" stare. That kid's not going to take that lying down!

Also, "How ironic, that your very demise would be in the proximity of some horses."

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
There's no way that Karkat could outrun Kanaya's vampire speed, where's your consistency Hussie?

edit: beaten by Bongo Bill, I also like how Aranea and HiC's psychic battle had the same ridiculous feeling as this panel

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 25, 2014

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
One thought I had, Caliborn is "in control of the narrative" at this point, right? Then John busts in and starts wrecking him and he drops the MSPA trackball. All hell breaks loose in the story and poo poo happens that kind of contradicts Caliborn's origin and Lord English's plans. At the end Caliborn is reaching for the trackball again and maybe he'll be the one to try to undo all this.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

frozentreasure posted:

Remember when she got blown-up before entering her session? Doesn't everyone only get one resurrection? I think she's boned.

Also, why was that considered "Just" for her? She was a mind-controlled puppet, it's not like she was receiving comeuppance for intentional wrongdoings.

When Doc Scratch first explained god tier immortality I think he said "one may be subject to corruption" or something like that to describe a just death. So I guess that is vague enough to cover mind control.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, but he fulfilled a canon-rewriting time loop so that he didn't have to hang out with that John too long. But this is a new, unprecedented two-John scenario. He's gonna have to think fast to get out of talking to himself too much, which would get really awkward.

I think, based on The Choice with Typheus and Nyx and "everyone else will know that loss instead", when John goes back and meets other Johns, the other John is slated for death. Like the reverse of normal time travel, where if Dave went back and wasn't part of a stable time loop, he's a doomed beta Dave. When John goes back, his power forces the timeline and himself to be Alpha, so the other John becomes a doomed beta John.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Assuming Vriska gets tattooed and this isn't a set up for a slasher movie, how long will it take between the update and a fan getting the same tattoo? And how terrible will it be?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Wyld Karde posted:

Silly guess: Lots of horse related terminology; of course it'll be Hussie.

More serious speculation: It's John. He's the natural leader of the original kids, and he's certainly unexpected 'cos in dead Jane's timeline he's been dead for three years.

Has it been confirmed that this Jane and this Jade are from the same timeline?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I liked this Paradox Space. It's too bad it ended so abruptly, it was one of the few pieces of fanworks to get Dave's voice right.

But given his upbringing, I'm sure Dave has encountered and knows the terminology associated with Skeksis fetishists.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

Davesprite survived fighting Jack, we haven't seen his body, he's not dead from this

He even survived turning into a watermark

Also I like how John still refers to him as "dave sprite" in the latest update

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Is that Lil Sebastian on July 10th?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Did Alternate Calliope leave Jade hanging? That is NOT cool, Callie.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Finally we learn what the "eggy loking thign" [sic] is.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

oddium posted:

you know you can disable emotes right :D :peanut: :horse: :qfg:

Blackheart posted:

I did not know, didn't notice the checkbox down there. To think I could've been using my awesome signature all this time!

You can also stick some empty BBCode in the middle of the emote

:11tea::11tea:

Vriska's plan to fly off and beat LE is so much like her plan to fly off and beat Jack I hope John shows up soon to punch her in the snout to establish retcontinuity.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
CCG tries to ally with PCG because FCG has been trying to invade the whole game. But suddenly PCG stabs him in the back and starts helping FCG. CCG becomes FCG and retaliates against PCG, who used to be CCG. Somehow the neutral territories end up winning.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Plom Bar posted:

I AM PLEASANT AND AGREEABLE, AND I WILL GENTLY LOWER A MAGNIFICENT, CORUSCATING COLUMN OF HOT gently caress YOU DOWN THE PROTEIN CHUTE OF ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.

/

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The art in these updates reminds me of the last panel of Problem Sleuth, which is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Act 7
Thank you for loving "Pupkin""Homestuck".
- Andrew Hussie

and I even looked here for the real ending I was waiting for...