Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
aww, CD's little jig followed by him going :stare: is so cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

MrBims posted:

The idea of a story that starts with a bad potty humor joke being worshiped as classical literature in middle-school classrooms in the far future is... well, poo poo, I don't know how I would feel about that.

Chaucher's Canterbury Tales has fart jokes in it.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

hackbunny posted:

There's a disturbing lack of Olive Garden in this doomsday scenario

and Snoop Dog. I hope he's okay :(

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Their issues were also way more interesting than the Alpha Kids', with the possible exception of Dirk's. Karkat's reflexive self-loathing and compulsive, contradictory affection for his friends, Vriska's ego and self-esteem issues, Aradia's whipsawing emotional state and Terezi being Terezi were all fairly unique and varied. With the Alpha Kids, we get "Jane is sad," "Jake is dumb," "Dirk is a grandstanding, emotionally dead jackass who torments himself with manufactured copies of his own personality" (again, more interesting, but only recently exploited), and "Roxy is perfectly okay and awesome forever." It's kind of lopsided.

I think it's more the issues that the Alpha kids are dealing with the same stuff as the Beta kids (its as if they're based off each other :haw:) which means we've seen all this stuff before. Most of the first acts dealt with "Jade is sad/distant", "John gets himself killed", "Dave is a grandstanding, emotionally dead jackass who torments himself with time clones/mortality", etc.

SoupyTwist fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 9, 2013

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Just how high do you have to even have to be to get a gummi worm that big?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

lotus circle posted:

Probably where she gets all her information from. Being billions of years old and wandering around dream bubbles collecting information. She also knew about Doc Scratch and everything he did to Alternia in the same way. She's the equivalent of an in-comic exposition dumper because of that. She also knows Lord English's real name, according to the Meenahbound flashes. The only thing she explicitly said before that she doesn't know is Calliope's name.

Vriska's the powergamer, Aranea is the gamer who geeks out obsessively over lore.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Forget Karkat bingo, someone put a backwards baseball cap on him.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Seoinin posted:

That would be really loving stupid for a variety of reasons including making large parts of the past Act completely irrelevant. psyche they all die again, the end no moral. storytelling *jazz hands*.

It looks like this whole set up is to bolster John, he's been kinda glum for the whole 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Peanut Butler posted:

i think a big theme of homestuck is, 'isolation destroys people, community heals them'

Look who's helping build a community to heal :cool:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B85ArZlgnFX