Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

"This animation will not run on this computer" :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dammit radiation I just spent $10 on what I assumed would have Spider's Claw in it!! :argh: Now I only have the rest of Vol 8 to listen to!! :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Yonic Symbolism posted:

It's still 2009, Fim hasn't even aired.

Jane's intro page actually says it is 11/11/11, so... :ohdear:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Is there a Gl'bgolyb? We're all hosed.

The whole vine mass is Gl'bgolyb: the pumpkins are some sort of weird fungal growth :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ketzal posted:

I can't remember if it was Andrew or someone else who first said this, but troll romance is pretty much the same goddamn thing as human romance. We just don't have special names for them. You don't have to watch many romantic comedies to find a couple that hates each other but is still soperfectforoneanothersqueeee. Same with best friends. There are probably people who do the same thing as auspistices too. I completely understand how people would be confused by them, but a carapace person's hatelove shouldn't really come as a surprise.

That's the joke :ssh:
The whole troll romance bit was parodying shippers and the like and their ridiculous need to have everything organized. Not surprisingly they all ate it up (most of them don't realize that Nepeta is a parody of themselves either).

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

The spiders in John's wrapping paper are a nice touch, too.

Edit: Also looks like Dave's wrapping crayons. For Terezi?

It's chalk, duh!

I want this calender just for the Can Town picture; I love Where's Waldo :3:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is Karkat... crying?
Poor guy keeps having nothing but trouble happen to him :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is, uh, Kanaya alright?? She seems to be having a stroke or something :ohdear:

e: sun-stroke :downsrim:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 19, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Hahahaha holy poo poo update of the century

Dave's little smile just slayed me

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Don't know if anyone noticed but the Map also got updated!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

They might be Maid powers.

Theorycrafting: Maid powers deal with death a lot (which would tie in with Aradia's roles and the Handmaid legend) and Life powers seem to usually extend life, so maybe Jane's power is one step further and revives people from total death?

Secondly, every Life character so far seems to be tied in with the Condence somehow (Jane is a Crocker; the Condence is Feferi's ancestor; the Condence has Life powers herself). Maybe the Condence represents Life as a counterpart to Handmaid as Death? On a grander scale than what we already know, obviously.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What is the troll alphabet again?

e: VVV I KNEW it was Daedric, thanks!

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 23, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Plazmataz released a recut version of Flare that is more in-line with the cut that was part of Cascade. You can download it for free.

Oh heck, I was just thinking about how great this exact thing would be! :haw:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

YggiDee posted:

That update is amazing.

I was going to post this but I was too busy busting a gut
Jesus Christ, Hussie :bravo:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pandaK posted:

Why was it called DOTA?

Death of the Author?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pandaK posted:

Introducing the new Homestack sandwich, featuring 12 different types of meat and cheese :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think the most important part of this update is the return of the Duttle :3:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Alternatively Jack just snaps his neck with a nice *anticlimax* sound effect :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Rose Spirit posted:

I felt really bad for leaving the room at the beginning when Toriel told me not to. :ohdear: I'm impressed at how much emotion this game managed to evoke out of me by providing a character who actually seems to care about our well-being.

I also had my damage multiply while fighting her at the end, is there some way to get rid of my save data so that I can spare her the "first time"?

Reload your last save and replay it; she's completely doomed the first time, so you have to try Spare-ing the second time.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kgummy posted:

That was the guy who donated money to Hussie way back in Problem Sleuth to get the Midnight Crew in the comic in the first place, right? As in he was the guy who originally created the Midnight Crew, and apparently used them in some tabletop role playing game beforehand.

And the Felt fan adventure that was actually semi-canon, as he was getting details from Hussie to even make it. I recall something about it being canon in the sense that it was just rough draft info, similar to the information Hussie puts on formspring and such.

And then Homestuck fans ruined it by complaining about it, causing him to just stop. At least last I checked.

Actually from what I remember the 'real' Midnight Crew story was a horrible piece of self-insert bullshit, and Hussie continued to use his design for the Crew just to piss the guy off :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I can't loving believe anime Harry Potter Lord English is canon.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Classtoise posted:

So uh. I just had a thought.

Vriska's plan will fail, simply because Lord English already knows it.

Approximately half of Lord English is floating right there.

She'll win by sheer luck, absorb his powers, and then go on to be the new final boss, calling back to that mysterious Green Sun Vriska music art from like 4 years ago.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh, God yes. And his coat e:and sarcophagus are worse. I basically have to read any page with Lord English on it through my peripheral vision; sometimes I actually block off the picture with my hand so I can read the pesterlog/caption.

How strangely fitting.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

Terezi raises an interesting question: do the kids really find Callie cute or are they just being nice?
On the one hand, it doesn't make sense for them to know that she has specifically issues with her appearance and to try to help her with that, especially people like John who have never talked with her before.
On the other hand...well, she is a skeleton monster.

I think John is right; friendly skeleton monsters are quite charming. Skeletons aren't that scary in the grand scheme of things, anyway; after all... there's a skeleton inside you RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think this was obvious from the start if you look at how Roxy's panels on the overview progress.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I thought Callie needed Void shielding to prevent LE from finding her? Isn't this a really bad thing?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Bell_ posted:

That Rose is now a sprite.
The thing that bugged me a little about the new sprite is a throw-away comment in what I believe is Jailbreak starring Noir about spikes you could impale a cat on. I thought it was referencing GCAT but now I'm less sure

Nepetasprite is TOAST.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I'm still banking on Vriska absorbing the Green Sun. That one panel speaks volumes and would totally fit with her personality and title. People thought UU was never going to be a thing and wrote off the music as never having any plot hints and look how that turned out :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Alpha kids have been in the comic longer than they haven't :tinfoil: