Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zoolooman posted:

They're retcon powers. That's the joke. It doesn't matter where they came from. They're retconned in.

It's a meh joke.

I know that's the joke, I'm just trying to understand if that's what was supposed to be conveyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

sez here that John retcons everyone to the Caliborn fight. so, again, either they just started feeling their oats and decided that theyd rather kick a 12 year old in the balls than win the stupid game, or theres eight hitherto unaccounted for copies of our protagonists floating around in the story

Reading Caliborn's dialogue reminds me of how annoyed I am this thing was entirely without dialogue.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Zoolooman posted:

I feel like this was the worst part of the ending. So many people seem to think the good stuff that happens doesn't actually happen, even though we are clearly shown the good stuff that will happen?

I think the lesson here is that the end of your story should probably go at the end of your story.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Freak Futanari posted:

GOOD THINGS ABOUT HOMESTUCK:

1: Nepeta
2: Vriska
3: The yin-yang balance of Vriskat and Katnep, both of which are excellent ships

BAD THINGS ABOUT HOMESTUCK

1: The last couple acts
2: What the hell was up with Davekat

Yeah but "don't put me on speakercrab", that was gold.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

KaosMachina posted:

I want it to be Two Best Friends.

If only because Homestuck was, in a roundabout way, what got me to watching them in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8HOWTja_s

I remember when people made good YouTube videos about Homestuck like this.

Mostly this, I remember this video. It's the only good Homestuck video.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

ThaumPenguin posted:

what would be considered a "strange" horse

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Scarodactyl posted:

I do not recommend you attempt to fight Hussie.

Equius was a true story, based on Hussie's life.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

The man had a solid plan here, I don't know how it got so bungled.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Chev posted:

I feel they're justified. Let us look at hard evidence here. Here's a completely random Undertale screenshot:

and here's a completely random Homestuck screenshot:

Seems legit to me.

I forgot this gag. This was a good gag.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

That may not be entirely fair, because It Hurts!! is a much better story than a lot of things.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I don't think Whistling Jackhammer was used anywhere. It sounds like the title music to some great, non-existent SNES game.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I imagine punching an Eridan pillow to be much easier on the knuckles than punching a poster on a wall.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

RandallODim posted:

The ironic joke is that ultimately there was no parody

The ironic joke is all of human history.

When the last human being dies, their final words will be "Hah, just kidding. Could you imagine?"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Burkion posted:

...please tell me it's a physical card game.

Nah, more money in digital card games. Gabe wants that Hearthstone money. No better time to go get it, what with how badly Blizzard is managing to mismanage that game.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 26, 2017

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Mr. Thicc Praxis is such a good Twitter name, and yet it's immediate outdone by Ltd. Liability Cool J.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Tunicate posted:

Yeah playing deathball when your opponents can lift buildings with their psychic powers and you can barely bend a spoon sounds like a bad idea.

Hey, Willie Bloomquist had a long and successful tedious career in major league ball and he had nearly no physical assets to speak of.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Burkion posted:

You also don't get killed in Major League Baseball unless something goes REALLY wrong

The only way people don't die in Death Ball is if something goes REALLY wrong

Which is a shame because, again, Willie Bloomquist had a long career.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Plom Bar posted:

Out of curiosity, whose idea do you think it was to incorporate the Homestuck brand name?

Hussie's, so that during the IPO some guy in a suit on CNBC can go "Let me tell you about Homestuck."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Supercar Gautier posted:

As soon as dril has an authour, his posts stop being communal pieces of found art that everyone gets to own. This is why people are hostile to the "discovery" that he is a human being who may sometimes do things to get paid, or collaborate with other writers/artists, or have a regular human name.

Everyone doesn't get to own dril's tweets. Dril made those.

They're his tweets.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

True Scorpio. Makes sense, as I am extremely overweight.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

ohigami oh my posted:

How do people hate Equius when Eridan exists?

Eridan is a lost little idiot who was a product of the hosed up society Scratch engineered. Bad, but in an understandable way. He got his just desserts and was kind of sort of beginning to pull his head out of his rear end at the very end as a sprite and ghost.

Cronus was way worse if you're looking for an Ampora to loathe.

Equius is a sweaty saint.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Vriska is Majin Buu. Simultaneously fat, skinny, short, tall, a hero, a villain, a remorseless force of nature, and an irrelevant dope. Sometimes all at the same time.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Which Abridged series are we throwing shade at here? Because that could probably be most of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I'm running UBlock Origin and never saw ad one, that's odd.

Edit: I'm not even getting any ads when I turn adblock off. The only difference is the Hiveswap banner at the bottom works, which I guess UBlock thought was a malicious ad. :v: