Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
I enjoyed that episode more than I have in a while. Seems more natural than some of the last few episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
This final sequence is boring as poo poo. Really, first time ever I've turned off Top Gear.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Nick Love is the oval office responsible for Danny Dyer. For that he should be taken into the streets and flogged then shot.

Last time I nearly turned it off was the demolish a house with Army vehicles bit.
This one actually made me do it. Ryan Reynolds was a good guest and while by the numbers the Corsa was ok.

I'm really beginning to be annoyed by the presence of Richard Hammond.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

InitialDave posted:

For a picture of how a Ford vs Jag chase should look, this is the equivalent scene from Stoppo Driver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFeJAe4f9g0

Captain Price sure knows how to handle that Granada.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs

Just in case you don't have a clue as to who the gently caress Nick "fackin" Love is.
Other than a twat that is.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Dont know why they dont just do the Mongol Rally. Sub £1000 car with lower than 1ltr engines? Perfect excuse for them.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
God im sick of Hammond and am beginning to get a little bored of May. Hammond just really winds me up lately, cant help but think he should go.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Jut posted:

In some hosed up kind of logic, they CAN'T be sold cheap cheap because the banks financing them won't let them go cheap. They have to prop up that bubble as much as possible.
Seen similar things here in Romania with developments standing empty for years.

Ive found this even now in the UK, been buying a house and some are just lying empty despite having offers to buy on them. When you ask why its because they are repo's and the banks still value them at pre-crash prices. They are just letting them sit there till someone buys it for a stupid amount.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Clarkson and Wilman have been friends for years. This will just end up being them having a barney that some newbie assistant then reported. Wilman will say nothing happened cause he knows hes on to a good thing and everything will go back to normal.

Same thing happened with the eany meany thing. Nothing is shown on TV but the world has to be outraged.

I will say that the original Stig Perry Mcarthy was on the BBC breakfast news this morning trying to stand up for Clarkson by saying that he is a handful and if he punched someone they should all just man up and get on with the job. Queue hosts saying for the rest of the interview so you agree with Clarkson punching people and its acceptable in the workplace.

Very helpful black Stig.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

lt_kennedy posted:

I wondered where Old Black Stig was these days. Not as dead in the sea somewhere after being murdered so it's pretty good no matter how you look at it.

The interview was a thing of beauty. I can imagine Clarkson sat at home watching just repeatedly murmuring "oval office".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828943

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32431956

James May will not return without Clarkson. So that's that then.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
And now Wilman has officially gone. Its all but over for Top Gear.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32437814

I can't see anyone watching now no matter who they replace with.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
And now Hammond tweeted:
Richard Hammond (@RichardHammond) tweeted at 1:04 pm on Fri, Apr 24, 2015:
To be clear amidst all this talk of us 'quitting' or not: there's nothing for me to 'quit'. Not about to quit my mates anyway.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
First episode- Everyone except Jeremy wears boxing head guard thing. All through it, guest is Frank Bruno.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Preoptopus posted:

So re watching the Hammond Canadian Rescue episode again. I realized Clarkson had a TPMS light on the entire journey. My point is, I wonder if that's why his tire came off cause it finally all leaked out. Completely rhetorical post btw, I just had to say something about it somewhere.

See what you did to this thread? Everyone moaning about TPMS now.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
One of the best things about this is that they are filming four studio sections a week according to Evans on tv last week. They are trying to film as if its a live broadcast and its not working.

So if you think about it they cant change anything studio based to take into account anything for about 4 weeks.

Its got two weeks for me. I think Leblanc will relax a bit once he get used to it. They need more from him in segments, more Sabine as fans love her and they need to put Harris in charge.

Star in a car was so bad I went and sorted my washing while it was on. Ramsey bragging he is having two La Ferraris is not my idea of entertainment.
Trip was pointless. All they had to do was make the challenge Leblanc trying to find Blackpool without using maps or Satnav while Evans follows.
Fun would come from them ending up in dodgy places on the way.

All in all terrible and unless they make some radical changes its going to end Top Gear. Big ratings this week. Next week they start falling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!

Thats pretty bad considering what was at stake.