Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Calico Heart posted:

Holy poo poo this is some ugly box art. Did Smaug look like that? With the goiter and everything?!

When he talked, his throat billowed out a bit (kind of like a bearded dragon lizard when they hiss) so it looks as though they caught him mid conversation for his publicity photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

AIR BUD ENTERTAINMENT

they split off from Disney and became their own brand. that's...that's amazing.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Madea Scared Stupid is finally a thing.

I may finally see a Madea movie.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

This movie was kind of stupid, but I really enjoyed it at the time that it came out. At the very least, Jet Li and Jackie were fun together.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Such luscious lips.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Holy poo poo

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

A few years ago King wrote a sequel to The Shining called Dr Sleep, which followed a grown-up Danny dealing with his own crippling alcoholism, working as an orderly in a retirement home using the Shining to help people pass away peacefully, and fighting psychic vampires (!) with the help of a little girl with super powerful Shining abilities that she channels by pretending to be Kahleesi from Game of Thrones(!!!). It was OK as far as late-life King books go but the way it handled Jack definitely lines up with your interpretation since now that he's 20-odd years sober King has pulled a complete 180 on how he views him and now he's such an irredeemably monstrous presence that the climax of the book is Danny using his Shining to channel the spirit of his dead dad as unstoppable tornado of rage that brutally kills all the vampires and is so toxic that just summoning him almost kills him.

I really liked that book (a lot more than most King fans did, it seems) and oddly, I felt it was interesting because it shares a very interesting kinship with the novel his son wrote in the same year, NOS4A2. They are almost companion pieces (and King references a character from NOS4A2 in Dr. Sleep)

So Jack and Danny kind of reconciled in the real world, and now they write novels that echo each other.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spoiler alert.

and apparently the scene you are joking about spoiling is going to be in the show. I for one can't wait for a love goddess to consume some poor shmuck in her vagina then watch the internet freak the gently caress out.

Also, that IT poster is great, but yeah, the logo needs work.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

morestuff posted:

"You'll float too" doesn't really sound that spooky out of context

I feel like "They all float" would have maybe been a better use of that particular speech, or alternatively "You'll all float"

drat, that poster has me excited for this film.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Just caught this on Imgur. :lol:

Besides the obvious, I am drawn to the mustache the Kingslayer is rockin'

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Wow, a lot of those characters names are right out of the musical.

Yes, it's me, the dude who likes the Doctor Dolittle musical.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Not an actual horror film, but when I was a kid the local video store had this poster on the wall and I was terrified by both the skeleton hand (which seems silly now) and Bill Murray's manic grin. What the hell was this strange film.

When I watched Scrooged years later, I laughed at my dumbass kid self for being afraid.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I won't believe this movie exists until I am sitting in a theater watching it. Been burned too many times, since God hates Terry Gilliam.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

The Cameo posted:

It’s a pretty bad movie

Not at all surprising.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Amazing Screw-On Head is just the greatest if only for this bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLw2lyLnA8

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I feel like they should have just painted Harbour's fave red and gave him maybe a slightly bigger jaw and that would have been enough, but his forehead is doing weird things.

I aim to see the movie because I like Hellboy enough that I want to support Big Red but he's funky looking for sure.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I don't think I'd even heard of White Castle before the movie. I've still never actually seen one in person. I see their microwavable sliders at the grocery store though and occasionally think of buying one to see what they're like.

if you like soggy sadness, then go for it!

I assume they are better freshly made from the actual White Castle locations, because the microwavable ones are super gross.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Raul Julia WAS Gomez. He’ll never be replaced. :argh:

Gomez is such an interesting character because there are two actors who have placed their stamp on him forever. First you have John Astin, who is basically the model for all the animated/television stuff (Even the new Gomez looks like a mix of the Addam's drawings and Astin's face) and he was great as the funny Gomez.

Then you have Raul Julia and drat was he good. drat.

Both are great. Gomez is the best character.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Doesn’t he do a song with Will Smith in the end credits.

I’m gonna say they considered it.

He does. It's...bizarre.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Maybe he'll take over Eddie Murphy's role as the dragon in Mulan.

"I don't do that tongue thing!"

Rumors point to Jackie Chan filling in, if he has a voice at all.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Woebin posted:

The break from the meter really works for me, actually. I think it's pretty common to end with a shorter line like this, makes it come off more like a... twist, I guess? I don't have the right vocabulary to sound smart about this stuff, but it scans to me.

It's also used in the film's teaser trailer, and the way it's delivered (and the voice Anthony Hopkins uses) really is unsettling, so it feels like a stylistic choice to break from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY1oeoVD_zI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Pretty sure that's from the Funny or Die sketch they did when he was running for president in 2016 (with Johnny Depp under the makeup to play Trump)