Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I think most of the Minimalist Movie Posters on that tumblr are pretty great, but this one is incredibly dumb:

Are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Young Freud posted:

This one's a little lazy, with the stones spelling Jehovah and all the rats? You'd think they'd include the bullwhip, Julian Plummer's Nazi pin, the dust used to see the invisible bridge, and some "humbling" saw blades.

Fake edit: also Indiana, the dog.

Yeah, I haven't seen Last Crusade for a while so I was looking at the poster and thinking "were the rats really that major of a plot point?"

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Apart from Sean Bean I don't think that poster looks particularly photoshopped

Really? He's the only one who looks like an actual person and not a ghoulish facsimile of life.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I think that's what he's trying to tell us with his facial expression there. It just screams "I made some bad life choices".

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Sean Bean looking like "What the gently caress am I holding? What is this thing?"

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's the 'British crime caper' template. What a cast though.

Which is great because from my understanding the premise is that Colin Farrell plays a hack writer who tries to write generic 'British crime caper' novels and then gets involved in a more bizarre, hosed-up crime situation in reality.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

When the actually face the consequences of how creepy it is in the film, I was very much :stare:

So the movie was pretty good, if really hard to watch, while it was doing this. Then, in the last five minutes it completely lets the Paul Dano character off the hook for all the loving rapes and abuse he's done, makes him beloved and successful and popular again, and even gives him the opportunity to start another relationship with Ruby. But it's okay, because he wiped her memory of all the psychological and physical abuse he gave her. gently caress Ruby Sparks, most repulsive movie I've ever seen. Other movies may have been more boring or incompetently made, Ruby Sparks on the other hand made a very concerted and very well-crafted effort to be a disgusting pile of gently caress.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

LeJackal posted:

If he got you into artier films, why was he buying drek with you?

Is it a cool guy thing to do to poo poo-talk the taste of a poster's dead friend? Need to know this.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So if you go to Netflix right now and look at their poster for Event Horizon, it's this:

Except Laurence Fishburne looks even more like a genie with a really long curvy neck. It wouldn't be so bad if the edge of his face didn't line up so well with the edge of the planet.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Was just checking the Wikipedia article on Spike Lee's Oldboy, and there's some bad news and some good news in regards to the Juan Luis Garcia story. Bad news is (and sorry if this has already been posted, didn't see it while reading this thread) that Lee doubled down and [url=http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/28/why-dont-you-pay-me-for-your-stupid-text-on-thanksgiving-day-spike-lee-digs-deep/]actually said Garcia should pay him[/ur] for the offense of sending him a letter on Thanksgiving. In Lee's defense, it seems like an indignant "If anything HE'S the one in the wrong!" reaction, rather than a serious call for Garcia to give him money.

The good news is that Oldboy is loving bombing and didn't even make back 5% of its budget in its first weekend.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Looks like he's using his newfound power to blast the gently caress out of some lame-rear end skeletons, so Billy's a good kid in my book.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Or just retcon it so we're doing Matt Fraction Hawkeye now, because Renner is a loving beast whenever he gets to play a character with an animated disposition. Carmine Falcone is about the top of his heap so far, but just let him cut loose a little and we're good.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Oh God no poor Effie, she just wants to be fancy. :smith:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

uPen posted:

Anyone who walks into a movie called Dorian Gray thinking it's a vampire movie deserves to be disappointed.

gently caress that, "Dorian Gray" is really obviously a vampire name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

Superheroes are known for having to wear a leg brace, yeah.

Dark Knight Rises