Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

WickedIcon posted:

Everyone I've met who didn't understand it just straight up hated it though? :confused: All the people I know who like/love it understood it perfectly.

Unless you have met everyone this isn't exactly conflicting with that statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That's a slightly simplified take on it, wouldn't you say?

I see this is the first post by Joker138 you have ever read.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How can it end here?

Taken doesn't have much of an overarching plot, and the closest it has to that was resolved in the last one.

Is he going to genocide Eastern Europe? :ohdear:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

This one takes place in America.

Well yeah, where do you think he gets the means to do the deed.

He is going to nuke Eastern Europe.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

In a movie where a man throws a shield like a boomerang at super-nazis who are lead by a man without skin on his face

Also where a villain has his conscious encoded into a computer from like 1978.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ThatPazuzu posted:

This is the first time I've seen Vision and holy poo poo he looks awful. Maybe it'll be better in motion and not in a poster but he's an eye sore.

He won't, Visions design even looks silly in the comics, it will not translate at all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It would have been necessary if it didn't feel like a remake instead of a prequel.

I mean even then it wasn't that good (wasn't bad either, it was just there) and I doubt anyone will remember it so who cares really?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Is there something even politically incorrect about the Human Centipede?

I thought it was just disgusting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GOT is enough to show she isn't very good.

You don't need multiple lovely jobs to judge an actress/actor.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

You of all people should hope that isn't true.

I am not an actor.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't know what this woman has done to earn such a vigorous defense.

Well she isn't the worst actor on the show.

That is something, I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The orgasmic way he says ShakMAAAAAA! is amazing. Shakma owns because you don't need to do a drat thing to make baboons and mandrills terrifying.

Shakma is adorable and the least threatening thing ever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Well since you mentioned it...

Is Heroes Reborn worth a goddamn? I saw a trailer and thought it looked like Hideo Kojima jizzed in a wishing well.

There is no way it has any of the fun of a hideo game

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The MSJ posted:

In Heroes Reborn, there's a Japanese woman whose power is to apparently enter a video game her father made. When this happens, it's presented as CG animated sequences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRhJ1joGCQ

That is straight from the 90s.

Also katana girl, WTF.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I thought that was a lightsaber klingon sword thing and got really excited for how bad this is gonna be.

Then I realized it's just a stick and now I'm back to thinking it's going to be regular bad.

I thought that too, but is a stick that much better

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Slugworth posted:

Wait, is the character's name not Bones? I haven't ever watched it, but I would have put good money on it.

It's a nickname of the main character but not her actual name.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's a nickname that the male lead calls her by in practically every episode. There's nothing at all odd about thinking of her as "Bones" rather than "Temperance Brennan".

I was answering a question, not passing judgment :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It is but they have a feel good story that doesn't make white people uncomfortable. They will focus on that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

Yes it was in direct response to what he said, because what he said makes no sense. How is making a gross person look gross a "bad" thing?

Him being gross is a more recent thing, he used to just be a dude in clown make up. Granted he has those scars, but they were more backstory related than having any physical meaning. The idea of making him gross is more of a recent push, and it is almost always dumb grimdark bullshit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am impressed they are still trying to make him a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

His love of underwear transcends borders.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

She also has a red dot on her mask. Because she is Japanese you see.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Both those opinions are correct, I don't know what is so eye rolling.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

4 was dumb, 5 is extremely good.

4 loving owns.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

I just thought it would be funny if it ended with them stomping rita repulsa to death while they all cry

(did you know that the reason rita started a war in zyuranger was that she sold her soul to satan in a pact to kill all the dinosaurs after a dinosaur killed her son? that should be in the movie too)

The original Japanese story is 1000 times more insane then what we got. If I have been told correctly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Doover poster actually does a decent job of making Adam looks younger. David......not so much.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But that is staying true to the character.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's PC gone mad Stu.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How am I supposed to enjoy a poster for a King Arthur movie without Keira Knightly's breasts being digitally augmented?

There is the WW one which goes the extra route by cutting the face entirely so it's just tits and a sword. It ain't King Arthur but it's close.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I've never seen this show but I'm gaga for Lizzie Caplan so I might search for it.

She gets oggled by a gorilla, this is a plot point. A serious plot point.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I actually think Superman wins, or its close.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

OptimusShr posted:

The Blue and Black posters are the only ones that look anything at all like the Zords. The rest look like random metal.

It also is kind of weird that there is no focus on the Zords when that is what people actually care about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The MSJ posted:

It was actually She-Hulk.

His cousin, hence the inbred. It was the most Millar story possible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Some guy that late 20/early 30-somethings like to make fun of because they're afraid of how media is changing for the youths and leaving them behind.

No he is a genuinely lovely person

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's possible but it's more likely a lovely attempt at an own that doesn't work.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

It's cool and good to tonally change the film as it goes on.

To bad the pirates movie never bothered to do that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Come on does it really need to be explained how La La Land would have been different from Beauty and the Beast, you're not this thick

The only real difference is it gets her dumb Indy cred which is useless unless you are a fan of that scene.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

What are people even talking about right now? That Emma Watson, who since Harry Potter has starred in multiple small movies, been a UN ambassador or something, and is starring in a big-budget Disney movie, has been denied her true heart's desire to be in a bunch of low budget weird stuff? What are you guys basing that on?

In a weird twist no one is actually interested in what Emma wants. Just what she should do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Maybe Gal Gadot is just not very good at emoting

She isn't very good at acting so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The second half was great, if only they could have found a better way to connect the two.