Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Toussaint Louverture posted:

If you like simple, I've got a Bengals Jersey for you:

Edit: Sure, the pants suck, but hey. Also I would nix the tiger on the sleeve.

The Bengals have undeniably the best uniforms in the NFL. Where else can you find an awesome use of Tiger stripes in a uniform? Never change Cincy Bengals without your ludicrous stripes the NFL would be a less dapper place.

Love the orange, love the tiger on the sleves, honestly make those unis look more like tigers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

This is a bad opinion. I like the all red :colbert:

Solid colors for uniforms are great. I hate how white has to be on every jersey, just gimme glorious glorious COLOR. All Red for the Cards is great, I don't really get the all black, but that is a thing these days.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Chichevache posted:

The nfl believes it is safer for a player to use one style of helmet for the entire season. apparently some players use helmets that are no longer made or in limited supply, so for throwbacks they have to use a different style of helmet. Because of how "unsafe" this is, the league instead outlawed using multiple helmet types. Why they didn't mandate that players instead use the latest and safest technology, I have no loving clue.

Fyi, this is a phone post from memory, accuracy not guaranteed.

Basically the NFL does not give a poo poo about the science behind concussions because it damns their sport. So they ignore it and let it be "personal choice" that guys don't wear the latest and the greatest. I'd say its conspiratorial, but if you're stupid enough to wear a 30 year old helmet that does basically nothing maybe that is on you. That debate can definitely split both ways, but it's a tenuous excuse at the bare minimum to say it's unsafe to wear different helmets throughout the season.

The real key is proper fitting, provided they have a good equipment manager this shouldn't be an issue. If college equipment managers can do it, the NFL could too.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

What is the deal with just enormous oversized misplaced logos? Bad trend imo

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Can't argue looks slick UNC, also Michigan St got some updates to their uniforms as well. I'm still dreaming of decent Hokie uniforms from Nike one day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

These are the only jerseys VT should ever wear:

Those have been our jerseys for almost 6 years now. Time for a refresh, that said the helmet that got cut out of that photo is the loving best helmet we've worn besides our regular helmet in forever.

My biggest issue with those is that unlike say LSU/Ole Miss/UCLA who have history with it, we don't I find them forgettable especially with the rotating cast of pants and helmets we've had the past few years. I want our uniforms to have a bit more brand identity to them.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Get a red helmet already.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

They aren't bad per se imo, just immensely boring. Like why doesn't it have some cool gold shadow poo poo on the numbers or stripes on the pants or something.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If it ain't broke don't fix it. At this point the 2012 is like the charm of the thread, how quaint those days of yesteryear.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Love the seahawks unis. Those were brilliant work by Nike. The Bucs and Jags however, p awful. Maybe they just hate the state of Florida or something up there at Nike HQ.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

As long as they never change the helmets the bengals can do whatever. But never touch those helmets they are glorious.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Nothing helps show off your uniform designs then a seizure inducing background.

My #1 complaint with these reveals. I can hardly see the uniform for the mess of jagged colored lines behind it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Wait we get a grey alternate helmet but not an inverse color orange one? I mean the rest is p unoffensive classic TN vibes, but really? That's the alternate helmet? Makes me sad.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Neil Armbong posted:

Not just gray, but mountains :science:

I missed this before, but yes that makes it marginally better. But still...

e: I don't mind the concept of the grey unis for the Vols, and these are better than the Adidas ones, it just irks me that they want to play with alternate helmets of a color other than orange first.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 1, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Seriously wow, if only that much thought was actually put into most schools unis by their provider.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Been really disappointed that VT has been wearing those Military Appreciation helmets for now coming up on 4 of our 7 games. I like them, but we've only worn our standard maroons once this season, and even the orange metallic helmets felt more us than the white topped Navy style ones.

They gave us a cool thing and now I feel like we're way over using it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Gotta have some reason to watch Thursday night football because it certainly isn't for the quality of play.

Those alts do sound/look cool in the teasers at least. And I love color on color, we don't watch black and white TV anymore there is really no reason to not play every game color on color provided they aren't overly similar.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Miami deserves those uniforms, it's not like their program resembles what they used to be anymore anyway.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The metallic finish on the helmet logos is kinda nice though right? That's a thing these days that I generally like.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Dave posted:

Petition to change it to 2010.

Second that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Nike unvieled the pro-bowl uniforms

honestly I like them, they feel classy

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

Well thats a significant improvement over what they trotted out last year.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

They really need to add different color socks/shoes and gloves to those things. The solid footie pajamas look is not a strong one.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The NFL's rule that teams must use the same helmet every week regardless of uniform is idiotic.

THE NFL is dumb, water is wet, the world is round.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I like that, but I gotta ask why stop at white when they could have red masks? Or do Giants fans really wish the red would disappear from their color palette?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

It would and I don't really understand the NFLs complete desire to replace white with silver on a lot of what seems like they should be red/white/blue teams (NYG, Pats in particular I guess).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Really hope that VT using just about every combination of our existing kit is to try and show diversity to recruits before we get something new next year. Please something new next year.

That said I really like how they've done the uniform reveals this year, and switching face masks is an easy way to get some extra out of our current stable of helmets.

https://twitter.com/HokiesFB/status/915709747252297728

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

I don't see them getting a full redesign any time soon because that is Nike's newest jersey kit.

They finally updated the design to the new template, but I assure you outside of the color of trim its a super generic uniform that is always behind the curve.

https://twitter.com/HokiesFB/status/920785204297502720

They made us something new, but again is basically just a font change on a design they already had. Annoyingly it looks like the UVA solid orange just with our fonts on it.

Although for years we were templates behind, I'm talking about an actual design overhaul not the underlying uniform technology.

• Locked thread