Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wouldn't all of this require literally everyone that isn't in the inquisition to simultaneously decide that the inquisition is bad?

I mean, the Sisters could go off and say the inquisition is a bunch of wankers all they like, but if the Astartes (and all of them at that) don't follow suit, the Sisters get branded agents of Chaos and are wiped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Esser-Z posted:

So, are there any 40k RPG supplements that let me play a Tau? And is it possible to get my hands on a Crisis suit, if so?

Not that I have a game to play in any time soon, mind, but for the future.

Rogue Trader just added Tau. As for Crisis suits, I don't know

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PantsOptional posted:

There's the Tau Character Guide which, according to their ad copy, includes rules for the XV8 Crisis Battlesuit.

Yeah, was just gonna post that. Someone has the whole text up on google docs atm and I saw it there. Size "Hulking"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PantsOptional posted:

Pretty sure the stuff up on Google Docs is homebrew, as it doesn't seem to match the preview text from DriveThru.

Wouldn't surprise me. :filez: being the third Google hit for "Rogue Trader Tau" seems like an unlikely thing to last very long

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

OB_Juan posted:

Edit: Isn't DH2.0 coming out soonish?

At Gencon

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone heard anything about when we can expect an official Dark Heresy 2nd Edition PDF release?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FireSight posted:

Give it six months, thats how long it usually takes.

:wtc: that should be like a 5 minute process. Sad that :filez: will beat them to "File->Save as PDF"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FireSight posted:

It's not that MAKING it takes that long (although it is FAR more complex than that. The file used for printing is NOT the same as one you would use to make a PDF, speaking as somebody who has family doing the layout job for textbooks).

Yeah, but they were exporting PDFs of the beta constantly so they obviously have the whole process set up. Guess I'm just used to Pathfinder where the PDFs are available same day (or earlier) than the print books.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
For anyone that's been waiting for the PDF of DH 2.0 it's been released on drivethroughstuff for $30:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/135019/Dark-Heresy-Second-Edition-Core-Rulebook

edit: It's 300mb :laugh:

Azhais fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 4, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Werix posted:

That might be a thing with the PDFs. The actual physical copy of the book is beautiful to look at and behold. They did an especially fine job in the armory section, the small drawings of the weapons are the best out of all the books, I think especially since they colored them in for a change. The yellowed parchment doesn't bother me, and I find the charts easier to read.

But I guess to each their own.

So how's your book holding up? My buddy that bought it is reporting that his is falling apart to the point that he's concerned its going to start losing pages after a week and building 5 characters for campaign he's working on.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pharmaskittle posted:

2E aside since I'm not familiar enough with it, Only War is the cleanest, best version of the system. Fun-wise, it doesn't really matter where you start, so go for Rogue Trader if it's the game style that interests you. The ideal would probably be to use OW rules with RT setting and gear, but that'd require some familiarity with the game and having both books, so I'd just grab RT and let it rip.

DH 2E is basically just the OW system

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If any of you have ever had the burning desire to create Dark Heresy 2.0 characters with a program called "Whiplash450's ToonGen", your long wait is over!

http://heresycreator.96.lt/

Seems to work decently, other than the unfortunate ToonGen naming.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zeal posted:

30k Astartes bike squads rode jetbikes too; a general increase in anti-grav wouldn't be beyond the plae

Hover-Baneblades. The new 40k will be a lot like Hammer's Slammers

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

S.J. posted:

I genuinely don't see the problem with this.

Yeah, that's how it used to be done. You'd get a bunch of idiots in a whaling boat and send em out with pointy sticks.

This is you, only more grimdark.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't see any point in playing Dark Heresy without making a Daemonette harem one of your career goals.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shadow Isaac posted:

Roll20 and not paying attention to player bar.

He offered the urchin a throne and she made an unimpressed jerking off motion. He said "ah, you know what the throne is for." I gave him one corruption, we laughed it off and kept playing. You guys really have no sense of humor about this stuff.

Literally Roman Polanski

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cythereal posted:

IIRC Rogue Trader has options in various books for playing a Ranger, a Kabalite, and a Wych, but that's probably not what you mean.

He doesn't want to play no darkies

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mechafunkzilla posted:

So make the boss resist the power? You're the DM, the players can't see your rolls, you don't have to follow the rules.

If the players are doing stuff that you find narratively uninteresting then just change the narrative.

Untouchables everywhere!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

frajaq posted:

Granted some of the Tomes DO encourage the players to be dicks to each other, which doesn't help much

Every evil campaign in any system turns into party backstabbing at some point

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ronwayne posted:

From what I've seen, a lot more of the basic human enemies in 2.0 have body armor. also cover and whatnot matters more. Whereas in DH, basic goons and starting acolytes had 0-2 armor, now it seems goons have 2-4, and mid level troops have 4-6. This is compensated for by the fact that now EVERY starting PC can get a set of guard flak, if they want to, at chargen.

And the very first guys that you could find to fight in the "how to play" module at the end of the book have handcannons with manstopper bullets, thus negating any armor any of your guys have.

Also, everyone can start with a full set of enforcer carapace armor if they're so inclined with the Arbites background.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Some standardizing of the rules would help too. Like on the insanity front: Cortex implants in RT give 1d10 insanity, in OW the cerebral implants (which do the same thing) do not. So even the few cybernetics that have penalties aren't consistent about it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doodmons posted:

What's weird about 6 foot Alpha Legion is that I distinctly remember that in Gaunt's Ghosts, the average imperial guardsman is like 2 metres tall. I got the impression that was pretty normal in the Imperium and I chalked it up to 40 thousand years of natural selection in the grimdark universe, and a whole Dark Age of Technology's worth of widespread genetic engineering meaning that pretty much everyone in the Imperium was a 7 foot bodybuilder.

The average guard being 2 meters seems high. The DW book says that the average Space Marine is 2.1 meters tall in their armor (with very little variation marine to marine).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe the rest of humanity is just manlets. You can always tell which people are Inquisitorial agents because they're over 5'4"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Could also look at a Terracotta Army style for your Chinese legion. Pull out a Samurai themed one, curved power swords, custom helmets (granted, disguising themselves as demons has a distinctly negative connotation in WH40k).

Are there any published Legions based on the more South American cultures? Bring out the Aztec Shorn Ones.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Night10194 posted:

Why did you do either of these things? Did you forget you weren't in Black Crusade, or were you just going for irony?

He wanted to see how quickly he could get the rest of the inquisitional squad to kill him for being a chaos worshipper

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Night10194 posted:

Power fists are ridiculously powerful, yes, with the whole x2 SB thing. But then, 40kRP is basically Rocket Tag: The Game the second you get out of the flak and lasgun phase.

What amuses me the most is people running around with chainfists, which are specifically a mounted weapon and only usable on terminator armor.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Night10194 posted:

Why would you want a PC Navigator, anyway? The Navigator in the last RT game I played ended up begging us to switch campaigns because she found the class so insanely boring. It's just 'roll some dice to do a thing that's kinda important for random encounters sorta' and then a crappy cutrate psyker.

I've asked the same question. I also wish that RT's psyker class was just a sanction psyker vs the astropath which I just can't stop thinking of as some sort of glorified phone sanitizer.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kingcom posted:

This is un-ironically how hereteks come to be. They start trying to figure this stuff out and actually understand the technology and it drives them to heresy.

Innovation is literally tech heresy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
All of the martial artists were killed by robutts during the age of strife

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Esser-Z posted:

Dude, clearly you need to STEAL THE TOMB WORLD and somehow get the Necrons to work for you.

You hack the gibson

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
synirc

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kaizer88 posted:

Can I be a male Sister of Battle?

In a manner of speaking

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kaizer88 posted:

FEMALE SPACE MARINES

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah that would be pretty cool.

A land where chainfists involve literal chains, held in fists.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

John Dyne posted:

Using Deathwatch is a reaaaaally bad example, because I don't think many Deathwatch games here make it very far past the first handful of pages, because people get bored of playing/running them. Hell, there's not many Deathwatch games ever running simply because, as a consensus, it's boring as sin because the characters typically aren't very deep.

Someone just needs to do a wholescale XP revamping on Deathwatch. The characters are so boring because everything costs so drat much

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tias posted:

Yeah, but as I said, the only thing the Imperium does not tolerate is secession. Even potential sedition is (according to the book of judgment) punishable by having yourself and three layers of family executed. As I interpret it, I doubt even a space marine would be allowed to suddenly start a colonization project outside the purview of the Adeptas Ministorum and Administratum without conflict brewing.

I dunno, some space marine chapter deciding to dump a bunch of colonists on a death world to see if it results in a better recruitment source seems like a Thing That Would Happen.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

a campaign, in "everyone is psychic" world, where the players must oversee the administratum moving the Golden Throne there because it's cheaper than scouring the galaxy with black ships for this unimaginably rare resource

the players take the role of a regiment of Pariahs, each festooned with digi-meltas and unique xenos artefacts as their standard kit, who must project manage this move.

In the tragic fallout of this, your version of the Imperium Secundus has TWO eyes of terror

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

goatface posted:

Just think of all the fun you could have with a bunch of murder-hobo/billionaire autists rampaging through the webway with a "borrowed" crude webway map.

They already made that movie

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LuiCypher posted:

Crack open your Black Crusade books and start again! Everything going batshit because psykers is the norm for that kind of game anyway. Plus, everyone can brood on their failure to the Emperor high-five each other for being kick-rear end. let their inner 4 year old giggle about farting all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FireSight posted:

The webway is a structure that exists inside the warp, so I'd assume the same property of time fuckery applies.

I thought it existed outside of the warp. Like the layer between realspace and the warp. Basically the eldar are from *above* and the demons are from *below*. Nurgle confirmed to be Orz.