Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chichevache posted:

Gleason is campaigning to raise awareness of a disease, should he really risk his reputation just to save a few pussies some mild concussions? Gleason shouldn't have to put his work in jeopardy just to keep a few people from being dinged up in a contact sport.

I would think not reporting it would do more damage, at least if found out. Unless you are just being sarcastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't see why any of you care what they do. Outside of maybe "my team was going to draft him, now I have to wait. :(" it literally has no relevance to you.

I mean I could see if it was something horrible, but this is rather innocuous.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 14, 2013

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

Exhibit #287b in the museum of "Some people wake up every day determined to find something to get high and mighty about so they can feel better about their miserable lives"

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140911/SPORTS0101/309110104/-1/rss12

Good god, get off your high horse you jackass. Why do so many jerkoffs feel the need to get offended on behalf of another person?

That is just weird, yeah if Cam was white it probably would have been different.

but he isn't so who cares?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sash! posted:

I was once accidentally rude to Troy Polamalu in a Barnes & Noble. Should I recount the tail to Peter King?

Um that story doesn't involve Peter King so why would he care?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

I had like 20 meltdowns at the way the media took Palmer's side in that. The exact same people who crucified 85 the year before were applauding Palmer. It was disgusting.

Yeah while I fully support Palmer for what he did, it was obvious they were only on his side because he is willing to work with them a bit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It seems pointless either way, as this seems more like Lynch being a a big ole baby about that fine.

It happened, it is dumb, get over it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People are writing about him in anticipation?

Even as far as belligerence goes he isn't very interesting or entertaining.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't think athletes "owe" me their thoughts, and the attitude that they do is straight up stupid. Marshawn's contract is for playing football, not giving interviews. He's made it clear that he just doesn't like doing interviews, that it's not personal. Get the gently caress out of his face.

they are actually contractually obligated to speak to the media. That is why they can fine him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chichevache posted:

You remember a couple years ago when I called you a pedant and you didn't know what I was talking about? This is what I was talking about.

Well either I am misunderstanding the point he is trying to make, or he is flat out wrong, pedantry isn't really a factor here.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Chichevache posted:

It kind of is when his point is that all this contractually obligated stuff is nonsense, that the man's job is to be good at football and he does that well. That the needless over complication of the American workplace is so ridiculous that we no longer have janitors but "custodial technicians", and that every job in the world comes with a million dumb clauses and contracts, even if you're a ditchdigger.

Or something like that.

Well I thought his argument was going along that line (which I don't do agree it is nonsense) but then he talked about him also being signred to play football, and it seems rather arbitrary to see one as valid but not the other.

I mean you can say one is stupid, but he does owe it to us as much as he owes us to play football.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That does make me curious, what do people want them to say exactly?

The questions are generic but they seem fine to me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

Yea well he isn't going to give them so they have two options. Cry like little babies or nut up and go try to get a quote from someone else. Since it is the media, break out the kleenex

Well this can be reversed and applied to Marshawn as well.

They aren't going to leave him alone, so he can either play ball or be a baby, it is his choice.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No Safe Word posted:

PFT calls out Stephen A and is right about it

Stephen A should stick to being bad at basketball reporting instead of doing bizarre cherry-picking bullshit fishing for race issues in the NFL.

Well I mean you don't have to fish for race issues in the NFL. Which makes that kind of bizarre.

Hell you don't even have to fish for that particular team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

People are accused of a being a lot of things without repercussions all the time I don't know why racist is special.

Jackson was called a literal gang member (which is much worse an accusation) and nothing happened from that.

Cowherd also strongly implied a dude deserved to get shot because of his rough upbringing (which turned out to not even be the case) and the dude never even had to say sorry.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 9, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Who are these people whose lives have been ruined?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I see some posters here are throwing around accusations that I have ruined lives without a shred of proof.

This has done irreversible damage to me and my life. So I hope you are happy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

how is it a serious problem.

name some tangible effects.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That doesn't have much to do with what we are talking about but okay.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That doesn't make any sense, unless Winston just imploded horribly, he was always going to get a good sized contract. The timing really doesn't matter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This won't solve poo poo, it will be settled out of court like most of these cases.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Im too lazy to argue that Jameis took the stance of complete and utter innocence but whatever. If it was going to settle for cash and a non-disclosure, she'd have gotten her "15k" months ago

Got to haggle bro, Jameis is thrifty as well as a rapist.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

GNU Order posted:

That Chris rock bit is used a lot by racists for justifying their use of the n word. It was funny as a joke but not as a life philosophy.

Yeah it perfectly shows the point he was trying to make.

I mean its jjust a comedy routine if you want to get all stuck up about it, but whatever.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ehud posted:

@RichSandomir: Jason Whitlock out as head of the Undefeated, replaced on interim basis by Leon Carter.Whitlock will stay at ESPN, mostly to write

lol

edit: in case you don't know why this is hilarious, here is a really long article on what a huge jackass he is:

http://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

Holy poo poo he fired a girl he after using a letter she wrote for the majority of his column.

The Reason? Speaking out of turn in a meeting he didn't attend.

Jesus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yes because the Vietcong knew and gave a poo poo about Ali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

swickles posted:

Well now he only has to out crazy Shannon Sharpe and not Stephen A. Smith, so going forward he will start to make more sense.

Smith also did a segment where he pointed out of phony the whole anthem thing is. He brought up the fact the US paying the NFL is the only reason they are there at all.

Weird loving week.

• Locked thread