Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Man, I like the show, but I feel that the pacing is too fast. We are just two episodes is, and the protagonist has gotten so far ahead that I don't feel the need to root for him. Not because I don't like him, but because things just keep going his way (other than what happened to him at the start of the first episode, but then again if it didn't he wouldn't even have the chance to be where he is now).

However, I could be proven wrong soon, but if it turns out to be a smooth ride all the way to the Moon, I will be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I am pretty sure that you can cover the windows of a bus without armor-plating the entire thing. What was the point of that, were they venturing out of the Green Zone or something?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I was honestly expecting Mutta to pull a watch out of his afro at the end.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

It's ok, Nitta, you can "relax" in the toilet from time to time, it's only natural.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

This show features the most underwhelming space photos.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

But keep in mind, they could be getting fed these instructions with the impression that cooperating will help their chances of getting picked.

Yep, and it's probably happening during the "doctor visit"

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I don't think so. The doctor check-ups are way more private, and allow confidential communication to go through. Also, notice how chimp dude was totally fine with the clock getting busted after his check-up. He is the new plant, and understood that the clock was the work of the last one.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Also, this week we finally got a Space Photo that was actually taken in space. Took them 22 episodes, but they got it right in the end.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Besides, the participants have already gone through all the tests in a controlled environment during the first part of the selection process, the examiners have all that data, and selected the participants for the co-habitation phase based on that. Which means that everyone was already good enough for them in regards to these tests, and doing better means nothing.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

paragon1 posted:

They have the internet Vincent. I'm sure he could find an audio file of one somewhere if he looked. Or just used a regular lawnmower sound. Or just held a weed whacker near a microphone. Audio engineers are creative people.

Well, he probably did that, and got a sound of a lawnmower without the blades powered on, and thought that that's how lawnmowers sound all the time, seriously, what's with the mawerchat all of a sudden?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Mutta, you shouldn't squat like that, you are going to ruin your knees, you gotta squat deeper.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Hahaha, the captain's name is Freddie Saturn, is that the first time this comes up in the anime? I didn't notice it before.

Shakugan posted:

One really has to wonder how difficult it would be to employ a single native English speaker to check the English. It would be such a small job that a single person could probably quality check 50 different shows.

The logistics of paying him would be weird, because by working for a large number of shows to check only a few sentences on each, he would have to be paid by the mimuie.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Come on, Anime, stop pulling things like that <:mad:>

Am I the only one who thought it was weird that these people trusted their technology enough to take them all the way to the Moon, but once there they weren't sure if they could trust their environmental readers?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I would watch that if he was playing Kerbal Space Program instead.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

On the contrary, I preferred the way it was actually played. If they fell in the first crater (or was it a chasm?), it would feel as if the author pulled something out of his rear end out of nowhere in order to create drama, but now it felt as if that was a real, actual threat that existed.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Well, yeah, but do they have any satellites in geolunostatic orbit for a gps device to work on the Moon?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Guys, keep in mind that this is the first time for Hibito on the actual Moon, and maybe even Brian hasn't done enough rides in the buggy to qualify as an expert moon-roamer. What happened was highly unlikely, but not impossible.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Well, it was designed as an unmanned drone, not a passenger vehicle, it probably can't carry both of them.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

:ohdear: You are not that kind of anime, Space Bros, right? Right? Please don't let this turn out ugly.

ps: Does anyone know what's the deal with the "space photo" at the end?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I was one of the people who thought that the buggy accident was an entirely plausible situation, and Hibito ignoring protocol to help his fellow astronaut was completely on par with his character, but the last two episodes baffled me. It was very out of character for Hibito to just give up and wander around to find a good place to die, the tension build-up with the oxygen timer felt completely artificial, and all that just so it would be resolved in a way that became obvious two episodes ago when they decided to sent Brian-3 to find him. And not to mention that what would happen was hamfistedly hinted at throughout the entire episode.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I just wish they didn't spent half an episode being happy about saving Hibito

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Is there an advantage to a lunar telescope compared to an orbital one like the Hubble? I suspect that lunar dust would make maintenance very difficult.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Holy poo poo that Vincent dude. Mutta's hardest trials have yet to come.

And are they even trying with the "Space photos" any more? Just a guy cutting a pie? Just pull a nebulae or something from NASA's site for gently caress's sake, seriously.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Well, Murasaki, if you stopped being such a dick to people then maybe NASA would let you go on a mission :colbert:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

Worst of all, there was no space picture at the end of this episode!

Was there ever really a space picture there?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

That was the lamest fistbump ever. I never thought I would be so underwhelmed by a fistbump.

Also, no "space" photo this week. I guess they gave up after all.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I was visibly shaking with rage. If I were a parent and I heard some teacher said to my kids I wouldn't rest until his rear end was fired.

I was more angry about the trucker hogging the leftmost lane, but yeah, that guy was an rear end in a top hat too.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Just strap Mutta on a rocket and shoot him to space already, gently caress.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

"Space is other people", I think that's the message of the show from what I understand because the whole going to actual space thing seems like a farce at this point.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Dan7el posted:

I'm thinking a hovercraft buggy would fit the bill. Except, for the fact that a hovercraft probably uses ground effect to get most of its lift.

And the fact that there is no air on the Moon that's needed for the air-cushion.

I loved the irony of the episode, and I feel that if designing a better buggy is what will get Mutta on the Moon, it will be the first time in the series were I will seriously be happy about him making it.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Look, ballet relates to space because WHAT THE gently caress SPACE BROS JUST SHOOT MUTTA TO MARS ALREADY

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Dan7el posted:

Olga definitely had an impact on Hibito. I wonder if they'll show us, the real audience, what is on the Olga years 10-15 CD

I hope they don't, the only good thing about this arc was the Silly Costume Rehabilitation Method, and they cut it short.

But anyway, Mutta is back next episode, so things are looking good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Hi Space Bros Thread, I kinda stopped watching this anime back in episode 88 (Hibito's panic attack case was about to be re-assessed or something), but I wanted to drop in and ask if they have sent Mutta to the loving Moon or Mars or just the ISS or anywhere that isn't Earth already? I honestly don't care about the rest of the drama, I just want to see them stuff Mutta in a rocket and shoot him off the planet.

• Locked thread