Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I just threw in $5 for the PDF for now, I might up it to get the softcover when we get closer if I have the money. Definitely going to buy one when they are available if I don't though. Love this comic and have some family that would love it too, but aren't into the internet enough for me to get them to read it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Megazver posted:

Aw naw she din't.

New update:

quote:

And if we reach $50,000, Cucumber Quest will update four times a week from July to December 2012!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I love that he's partially freaking out over the fact that Cabbage wasn't joking!, more than the fact that this has been happening every 5000 years.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Yay. Cucumber did something useful with magic. I was beginning to think he couldn't.

What about this page?

And then, after taking too long to look for it, there was this response on the tumblr.

quote:

I know there’s no evidence to support it so far, but Cucumber is perfectly fine at magic. Honestly! He was good enough to get accepted into the world’s best school for it, after all—and not for the “Incredibly Wealthy” bit, either! (Although, if his dad supported his dreams, that might be different.)

If he had a decent wand, Peridot would be like “daaang”

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I can totally see that happening later. I want to see it happen too.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's even better if you re-read the previous page and then immediately read this page.

Huh?

HUH?! :gonk:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
From the way this page looks, I'm pretty sure the Disaster Masters are just 'sealed' in the Disaster Stones. I wouldn't quite call it death, but it's certainly not enjoyable.

Once the Nightmare Knight is summoned using the stones, he probably releases the Distaster Masters from the the stones and let's them do their thing, to various degrees of success I imagine.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I dunno, Almond and Cucumber seem to be pretty competent. At least, more competent than anyone we've met so far, except for maybe Cordelia and the Nightmare Knight. They may be the first to get it done. Especially in light of the tale being about the Legendary Hero, and here we have the Legendary Hero (brother) and Legendary Hero (sister).

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Eh, the stuff we're talking about isn't going to be happening for probably a few years anyway. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that we're going to be finding out between now and then, and finding out that some of stuff we've been told already that is actually misinformation or fairy-tale.

You're right though, if it were possible it probably would have already been done. I'm interested in seeing Cucumber and Almond's grandpa though. In action too, just as a comparison.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
This is the beginning of my favorite Peridot scene, so far at least. One of Almond's too. Peridot is probably my favorite side character.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

nerdbot posted:

Peridot is from the Crystal Kingdom, which is where Punisher Pumice lives, so there's that. (I doubt I needed to point that out to anyone, what with their names)

...God dammit.

I wonder if that figure in panel four is just a statue, or if it's something/someone else.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's in the Gunnerkrig Court thread. (post link)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Paul.Power posted:

Ah, but she's wearing a different dress!

Granted this dress could also have hyperspace pockets...

She's a Heroine, of course this dress has hyperspace pockets. All of her dresses have hyperspace pockets, or at least a matching hyperspace handbag if pockets aren't an option.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I'm thinking it's either audio feedback, or the sound of frustration from Noisemaster. I'm going with audio feedback as the more likely one.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Crosspost from the Paranatural thread:

Onean posted:

The timing on this is just uncanny.

Cucumber Quest

Paranatural

Cucumber just isn't enough of a capital H Hero. I mean, look at what Isaac did in one night/morning. :colbert:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Bingo. Ever since a second King was mentioned, this seemed inevitable.

I'm still not sure that the second king isn't Noisemaster's 'boy'.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Have you not been following Paranatural? I mean, it's a really great webcomic. (Early links, jokes get better along with the art, not that these are bad jokes!) It's also got some great bonus stuff. Just, don't mind the starting art. It improves dramatically, even through the first chapter.

Also, almost every page after the first chapter has mouse-over text, and it's generally amazing so don't skip it.

Onean fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 8, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tollymain posted:

This actually works really well. Going by the symbols, the Melody Kingdom is fairly obviously the one with two Disaster Masters. Still, this dude has 2 eyes. I don't know if it's actually confirmed everywhere but I thought all of the Disaster Masters shared the trait of having just one eye.

No, Gigi's been repeatedly, on both twitter and tumblr, saying that that's not true. The fact that Splashmaster and Noisemaster each have one eye is coincidence.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

wdarkk posted:

Well, Cucumber does have actual magic now so it's possible he can save her with water. Or plugs. Or pizza.

Cucumber's always had magic. He's just used to having a lovely wand.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Popo posted:

Strawberry Knight is a delight!

That Princess Nightmare outfit is gorgeous though, wow. :aaaaa:

(I'm sorry, I'm tired and can't come up with a clever rhyme. :saddowns:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

....uhhhh.

Huh.

So, Piano for best princess?