Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hyperhazard posted:

Is it called "q" after Qqqqqqq, or is :q just supposed to be an ASCII version of a creepy face?

:q: predated Qqqqqqq, although I don't know where it came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Death Bot posted:

:wooper: is Wooper, the pokemon. A number of emotes (wooper included, apparently) get used incertain forums for a specific niche reason because they're useless and no one has any idea what they are anyways.

It was an ice hockey thing from a long time ago, I'm not sure on the details or if anyone still uses it for anything.

Incidentally, here's the explanation for :psyberger::
Once upon a time in SAS, someone took a screencap of noted Steelers quarterback and rapist Ben Roethlisberger with his hands on his head that looked incredibly like :psyduck:. It became a meme and someone made a picture of psyduck in a Roethlisberger jersey. Then someone else made an emote-sized version and added a syringe for reasons I don't quite recall but were probably related to Roethlisberger crashing his motorcycle while not wearing a helmet. Then a third someone paid money to add :psyberger: to the forums.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 09:28 on May 29, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You'll get it if you click this link.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Call Now posted:

What is :goatsecx:? Is it supposed to be an rear end?

It's goatse. Google it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I actually goatse'd a goon. My life from here on is anticlimax.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Suspicious Dish posted:

fishmech is also the smartest kid in America.

He saved Aeris too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The floating, screaming head of Carol Channing took over the forums one day. That smiley memorializes that day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Someone in Seattle has a vanity plate that says METIS and I have so many loving questions.

Almost certainly unrelated to :metis:.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It wasn't goon written.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Lowtax and the mods killed it off deliberately.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:lol: of course John Carradine is in it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

christmas boots posted:

Tuco was always a bit extra though

Listen, there are two kinds of people in the world, my friend: Those with a rope around the neck, and the people who have the job of doing the cutting.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Data Graham posted:

"peperony and chease" serves the same purpose as "F" for memers of a certain age

Honestly the first time I ever felt old was when I saw someone not get that this was a reference to those Tombstone Pizza ads.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're keeping a list of the reasons that random internet women would refuse to date you then go ahead and add "Could not figure out the riddle of the Pizza Tomb" on there

BRB changing my will to insist that "Could not figure out the riddle of the Pizza Tomb" appear on my grave marker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bring back :freeman: