Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

At the end of BttF, there's a guy who rides by on a bike looking ridiculous. In BttF 2, it turns out that's Doc's Future self who's decked out in secondhand clothing from the Salvation Army or something.

I think the bum on the park bench in 1985 was the mayor in 1955, but I could be misremembering. ...Which is the perfect excuse to watch it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Crusty jugglers... :mad:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I just saw the Avengers again. Near the end, after Iron Man falls back to earth, seemingly dead, when Thor pulls off Tony's face mask, the little connectors and mechanical do-dads inside actually are bend and reflect the fact that the face plate was torn off by a demigod. They're all bent or snapped off.

Dunno if that counts as a spoiler, but I covered the part that seemed like one.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Stayne Falls posted:

Speaking of MI4, I just learned that Tom Cruise really climbed that building. They had extra harnesses and tons of safety equipment off camera, of course, but that's really him in all the shots. Holy Goddamn.

Yes, actually. He's also one of the few people to have autographed the highest point on the Burj Dubai building. I think it was the top of the flagpole, but might have been the base of the pole. I don't remember which.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I just caught a little piece of The Jackal, a Richard Gere/Bruce Willis cat-and-mouse action thriller in which Willis plays an assassin with the titular... title. Willis is going to kill the president with a remote controlled gun. To get into the area, he's dressed as a cop. What I noticed this last time is that his badge has and designation: Sharpshooter.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Just remembered one. In Return of the Jedi, C-3PO calls Jabba "Your Worshipfullness", the same sarcastic title Han used when talking to Leia.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I was just watching Megamind because I got a wild hair to do so and it's a cute movie anyway. Early on, Megamind is bantering with Metroman and says he's shaking in his custom baby seal-leather boots. You know, because only a really, really bad guy would have boots made from baby seals, right? Later on, toward the end of the movie, you get to see the bottom of his shoes and the brand name/logo on the sole is SEALZ, with a cute little seal picture. It's really quick, but a nice detail I thought they added.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

tobu posted:

The most obvious subtle hint in that movie is the seatbelts on the helicopter that manage to secure Dr. Grant even though they are both female clips.

This one took me a second, but yeah, Grant found a way.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Something I noticed from Man of Steel. Despite having a different name, Zod's right-hand gal had a partner in the big fight scene who was pretty massive. Fairly sure that they were supposed to be a nice callback to Ursa and 'Silent' Non from Superman 2, if by other names. The big dude doesn't even say anything, just grunts and roars.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

And incidentally, Hooper drives the boat.

During Quint's speech about the Indianapolis, I loved the non-verbal acting that Dreyfuss and Scheider are doing. Not so much subtle, but the slow dawning realization that they're in the hands of a borderline lunatic who isn't so much 'salt-of-the-earth/sea' as he is a horribly traumatized vet is a great reaction to probably one of the best monologues I've ever heard.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I saw Die Hard witih a Vengeance at a very young age and it has always been one of my favorite action movies. Jeremy Irons's character is such an amazing puppetmaster villain. Every time he's on the phone with the police or FBI, he's loving with them. All the riddles, idioms, accents, nervous ticks, and losses of composure served to convince them he was this manical vengeance-driven terrorist, which he absolutely wasn't.

I like how when he's faking being an agent surveying the damage of the bomb site. His fake American accent slips just a bit when he smirks to himself and says "Somebody had fun."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Well, at least he did just one thing right. v:shobon:v

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Riptor posted:

Nor Haley Joel Osment or Jude Law in A.I., I believe

Or Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. Not because he's a robot, just creepy. :stare:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Chainsaw McGee posted:

Or in the Gargoyles-verse they could have used some kind of magical artifact to visit Notre Dame (actually this makes so much sense I'm not sure it didn't already happen).

Yeah, the Phoenix Gate. They used it a lot during "Goliath, Eliza and Bronx's Fantastical Boat Quest".

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Nastyman posted:

I just rewatched the original Predator (is there even a reason to spoiler this one?) and noticed something that was kind of neat. when the Predator is dying under the log trap and Arnold says "What the hell are you?" the Predator repeats it like it does every time it hears someone say something. It doesn't really mean anything as far as communication goes, but considering the context, it could be taken as "I'm something that hunts men like you hunt animals. I'm far superior to you both technologically and physically, and you still managed to kill me. What the hell are you? If that makes any sense. It's barely anything at all and yet it seemed really clever.

Reaching too far?

Actually, I don't think it's that much of a stretch. The predator is quite intelligent and has been studying them for a while. Hell, the elder in Predator 2 had a pistol from, what, the 1800s? Probably collected that as a trophy personally. I'm sure it's picked up enough of the words and the nuance of spoken language that he could, conceivably, pull off a sarcastic wise crack. Like when he kills Mac, he plays back that sound clip from when the guy was threatening Dylan. I think it was so show how even an alien isn't all that alien. It understood the irony of the badass getting taken out by a bigger badass.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Ah, good Ol' Chief Woodenhead :allears:

I remember the Hitchhiker story from 2 when I was a kid. Creeped me the hell out. "Thanks for the ride, lady!"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Probably not very subtle, but I was watching X-Men Apocalypse last night and noticed that when the bad guy recruits Angel, he's backstage at a concert. The band playing is Metallica, and they're rocking out with The Four Horsemen :v:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Memento posted:

I liked that in War Dogs. Efraim is exactly the right kind of douchelord to watch Scarface and go "man, Tony Montana is awesome, I want to be just like him".

Back when I still got stoned and watched MTV, I always wondered about all those rappers and hip hoppers who had tons of Scarface memorabilia and posters hanging up in their places as if he was someone to idolize. I mean, yeah, he came from nothing and made it to the top, but did they completely forget the entire last third of the movie? It does not end well for Mr Montana :s

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Didn't the Electric Mayhem do that at one point?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Just saw this while browsing. Everyone freaks out when Cadet Barbara turns around except Tacklebury. He's a gun nut who knows the gun is safe because the cadet never chambered another shell.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Ah, I hadn't realized. Thanks :)

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

It's not the helmet, it's the crazy crystal inside

Or maybe it's in his chest

or maybe literally in his brain

Also he's the step-brother of Professor X

One time he was a hero

Comics are dumb

And one time he banged She-Hulk. True story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think you'll find it's a stark indictment of the state of the modern ninja.

More like a nonja.