Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
ssssilenceee the dissscordddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

got dat wmd posted:

half the people that post in that pyf brony thread are ponypedos but "not those kind." actually this is true in p much every creepy fandom thread floating around. goons are quick to make fun of everyone in some creepy stupid fandom bs but they dont realize that they are the same as long as they associate themselves with and partake in the activity they are insulting

well once you become one you still have to believe there's somebody worse

i wonder if there's numbers on how many ogons made fun of animes/furries/bronies and after delving deep enough became one

i wonder how many android thread yosposters become 'droids themselves after mining iyg for badroid posts

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Inspect Your Gadgets

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
just watch (but don't obsess over) shows for adults

if you watching kids shows you better have kids

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

NotHet posted:

This is a very ambitious goal (it would make it among the fastest space projects ever in the history space) but we are committed to getting you into space as fast as possible.

we are committed to helping you :getout: of earth lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ADINSX posted:

pledge $100 dollars and we will shoot all of BobzoESC's posts into space

ad Astra per shitposts

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ADINSX posted:

ad astra per asper...gers

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

tef posted:

just imagine a social network full of hacker news posts
why imagine when I can pay rofl $50 for a year of it

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bob NewSCART posted:

Doc Block, when i try to use awful s ii maxx i log in and then the app just closes. it makes me very sad

wish it did that when you tried to post

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

that's the social network made up exclusively of white nerds, right?
worse, insufferable hacker news posters

if you want tweets about vc, node.js, and men's rights app.net is the identi.ca clone for you

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

poty posted:

tell me more about mens rights

they're the same as womens' rights but if you post on reddit.com you might not understand that

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Yodzilla posted:

Jetpack Joyride is a good freemium game. maybe the only one

i paid for the coin doubler

also i buy crate keys, mann up tickets, and loot vouchers in tf2

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Guido van Possum posted:

have you considered donating your throw away money to a charity instead?

no but it feels good to be excited about imaginary video game stuff that i'm party to

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

I am going to take the statpedia ratings feature and apply it to be a scroll over feature on search results. If a new version is rated poorly, it will keep reverting back until it no longer exists within search for moderators to review.

Then if people take advantage of this feature, we will just have locked versions and special permissions to edit content.

People will also be able to make collaborative groups for things where they can grant permissions.

Obviously people need to be able to lock edits if they are using themselves as a source.

hmm.

bro we're just gonna go in and upvote goatse and downvote poo poo you stole from w3schools

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

also ian i noticed some references to grover and grover's algorithm in your post. i don't know how you got in touch with him so quickly but DO NOT LISTEN TO GROVER

10 if house is acceptable
20 then
30 build addition
40 goto 10

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

what is this posted:

kaggle has been written about by forbes and wsj

they partnered with harvard business review

so yeah make fun of the name if you feel like it

counterpoint: RIM

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Install Gentoo posted:

what's weird about the way us televison works in this context.

television in other countries is mostly a propagandized element of the government where, even if the stations are independently owned and operated, they're legally required to play content that shows the country in a favorable light

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Pierogi posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1397300529/railsapp

Pledge $100 or more
87 backers
The previous rewards, plus access to the internal list for the project, where I'll be soliciting feedback about how to nail this

Jon-Paul Lussier Jr on December 13
Can also confirm non-receipt of backer rewards. I'd love to get the sticker and a handwritten Yehuda thank you some time in 2012, but that looks unlikely to happen. Can any other backer confirm that they've received their backer gifts?

Geoff Lanotte on December 21
I sent an email and though I never received a direct response, I did get an automated email requesting that I submit my address for backer rewards. I am assuming that it went out to all, but just in case it did not - that is what happened for me.
I still haven't received an update on the project though... is it vaporware? Has anyone heard? I have a mentee that I would like to get started and this would have been ideal.

Lin Qiu about 10 hours ago
LOL, I think our money went into http://emberjs.com/ (he's been pushing commits like a madman on github) which seems pretty cool anyways. Love what you're doing dude, but take five minutes to update everyone on what you've been up to for the rails app.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
the most worthless reward: a yehuda Katz poo poo sandwich

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

polpotpi posted:

brew install rbenv rbenv-bundler rbenv-gemset && rbenv install 1.9.3

that'll be 25000 please

new rbenv is rad

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
would they even have to design it? i thought chinese factories already stamped out shitloads of android hardware nobody wants, why not just buy some of that

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

just a butt posted:

translucent plastic

this is how you know its a devkit and not final product

guess they couldn't afford an aluminum case for their devkit

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i love that they correctly identified the problem (ruby sucks poo poo to use on osx) but then completely failed to identify the solution (ship a canned Linux VM that any idiot can use easily)

edit: talkin bout http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1397300529/railsapp

virtualbox sucks poo poo though, and rbenv + ruby-build work just as well on mac as on linux

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

Thanks for the job offer Proteus. I have an internship in DC with the department of homeland security within their cyber division over the summer. I signed an agreement with the government to work for a year in exchange for a full ride.

d/c sucks, it's expensive and the commuting is bull poo poo

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

terrorist

terror wrist

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

Dude. I am constantly reaching out to investors. What is your deal?

we've been watching statpedia for months and we still have no idea why anybody would find it valuable and we're not even going to give you money

how is a Qualified Investor going to decide to give you money?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

quote:

This brings wealth to the team in both a good cause, as well as financially. Down the road, Statpedia can take similar advertising approaches as Google has done. It would require a keyword input box for advertisers, then when those keywords are searched, Statpedia can display approved ads in a nice way. As Statpedia evolves as an organization, further growth and innovation can provide additional
meaningful wealth to the team.
i set google translate to "MBA => English" and it said "we'll sell ads like it's 1998 and maybe in the future we'll have an idea that actually works"

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

hmm. Then Siri violates this. Why does wolfram not sue apple? Because it is free advertising on Siri for them.

no, it's because apple gave them a shitload of money because apple has a shitload of money because apple sells products for money

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Ian McLean posted:

Tab with you literally made me bust up on the floor laughing. Who is that guy?

My ribs started hurting from laughing so hard. What did he do? Take some glue and some strap material then make this ridiculus kickstarter... wow.

Seriously couldn't stop laughing. That guy is too funny.

as dumb and gay as his project is, his monetization model actually works, unlike statpedia's

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

WorkingPeer posted:

how the hell is he planning to live on £10,000 for a whole year??

move to mexico

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

maniacdevnull posted:

what about video game players of color?

i'm one of them and also a queer gamer "gaymer" according to xbox live

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MrMoo posted:

It would be more productive to kick start a Linux port of Inky

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
isn't the whole idea of anime text dating sims that they're super low budget and don't require any talent or ability to make?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Heresiarch posted:

when rpg maker is just too complicated

i'm just imagining https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3p6uthbmkusf2ja/MASTABA%20SNOOPY.html but with "baby's first manga drawing guide" and without the lsd

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
"let's make unauthorized collectibles based on a toy company's IP" - an idiot

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Phoning It In posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jerkcity/the-big-book-of-jerkcity

if you missed out in 2003 here's a second chance to own the greatest Graphic Novel ever told

backers page has lots of 25-35 white male names

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Resplendent Spiral posted:

An arrogant high school jock wrongs a gypsy lunch lady who curses his yearbook so whatever people write in it comes literally true.

Fortunately, he always keeps a clean crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

utorrent

doesn't that have a "µ" in its name, and yokels on backwards computers just don't know the four digit code so they type "u" instead

• Locked thread