Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Just to clarify on the Xbox port stuff: Yes it's happening, there's a team working on it. It won't be done for a while, and the work is done on a PC anyway so there isn't a need to port it to the PC, it'll just get released on the PC too.

If this is really true then gently caress, yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I think this is more just Flash itself rather than the art style.

It's actually all Ed's fault. Lemme find you a quote from someone who apparently understands it

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/14/binding-of-isaac-rebirth-more-than-50-done/#comment-1432161 posted:

Binding of Isaac hit the mother lode of bad performance.

Written in the AS2 language which was replaced 8 years ago, and forces the code to run in the old version of the Adobe virtual machine. Uses true vector graphics for everything which means they have to get redrawn from scratch each frame, which is much slower than blitting a stored bitmap to screen (and vastly slower than using direct hardware acceleration).

Doesn’t do any pooling of game entities, so they’re getting allocated and garbage collected wile in the middle of combat. And just to add some horror, it was all put together within the old style Flash authoring program so you end up with .fla files that buckle under the weight of an expansion.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Fiend Computer posted:

Brimstone+spoon bender

Let's go. :unsmigghh:

This will be loving glorious, you guys. Ignore the naysayers!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

PostNouveau posted:

drat, seriously? I've played 20 drat hours, and you're telling me there's a harder boss?

:allears: I have nowhere near enough hours played of this game but there are people who have spent hundreds of hours on this game :catstare: So yeah, by beating Mom you barely started playing the main part of the game.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Dingle is literally the poo monster from Starbound :haw:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Damascus404 posted:

Genesis 22:10 in the video refers to Abraham just moments before killing Isaac

Perhaps one of the new final bosses?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

repiv posted:

Even the 30fps Youtube video looks so smooth :circlefap:

It actually looks like 60 FPS, YouTube added that feature recently and it makes the videos so much better to look at (not only Isaac's).

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

repiv posted:

They've released some of the new tracks, see for yourself if it sucks now v:shobon:v

The new Caves theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praLLgVrYFE

This is so good. I'm still leery of pre-ordering because gently caress that, but I have 2 months to cave in and do it and we all know how that's going to end up :shepicide:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Zoolooman posted:

Can you imagine how long it'll take for many of the combinations to be discovered and understood? Can you imagine how many BUGS will go unnoticed for weeks?

More importantly, I don't want to imagine how many more bugs will there be in Rebirth.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

AbstractNapper posted:

Because this doesn't explain the existence of spider mod community fixes and the community remix.

I just assume some people are crazy and/or crazily dedicated. A lot of fan works must've required hours and hours of tinkering with limited tools.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Finally preodered Rebirth, thanks steam trading cards! :3: November couldn't come soon enough.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

The Kins posted:

Soundtrack is up for pre-order for $3, six tracks available now with the rest coming November 4.

Holy poo poo, it's amazing. I wish all the songs were unlocked already. Just listen to it. Everlasting Hymn is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I'm not familiar with other Nicalis games but the 20 or so hours I've put in the new game have been stellar. It's really sad to see some people are having problems, let's hope the devs will work out most of the kinks in the near future because the game itself is great fun.

• Locked thread