Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Three-Phase posted:

Kings Quest V bizzaro audio swap glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqunFIEI1IY

Just got through this entire fabulous thread and it's hard to pick a single best but this might be it. That mouse is just incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

*Super Mario Pipe Noise*

Thank you for turning this decent gif into an utterly amazing gif.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

+Yeah!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh my loving god dedede's face. Look at that face

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I always hang around and wait for the spectacle when I see a lot of NPCs walking toward each other on those narrow walkways in the citadel. Inevitably it's just a matter of time before they run into each other and at least half of them implode (they even leave their ammo boxes on the ground). There's even a flashy lightning-looking effect when it happens, because bugs are features in E.Y.E.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB9Cpjd7PxI

Not really a glitch but god this game does not have the hardware to support itself. mmaaaaAAAAAAAA--==-AA-=--

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Techno Remix posted:

For whatever reason I fired up Skyrim last night on the 360 and started a new game. After the logo fade, instead of enjoying a nice carriage ride to Helgen everyone was just stood in place outside of it. The guards were still on horseback but standing still. Myself, Ralof, Jarl Ulfric, and the horse thief were just standing there. I could move freely but couldn't do anything because my hands were still tied. And this being Skyrim, everyone had their eyes locked on me the entire time and followed me as I moved like one of those creepy paintings. No one talked, no one moved, they all just kind of stood there. I felt like I was backstage before a play or something and everyone was just waiting for the cue to go on.

I did want to play a Bethesda game, I guess.

You just know that one of these bugs (this or the one where the carriage just rockets into the aether never to return) has happened to some player somewhere, the first time they ever turned on the game, having never played any other bethesda games before.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't know where we're going...BUT SOVNGARDE AWAITS *blastoff*

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That's actually part of the normal procedure to spawn the end boss, the Bethesdite. You'll know you're on the right track when there are 3 turpentines in its inventory.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yes it's from battlefield hardline. Here's the source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69dh2VeuYE

Burn all video games.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Breaking Madden continues to be one of the best things you can ever read.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vYW8fNFDk

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RatHat posted:

Unfortunately it also makes mimics(and other ambush enemies) completely obvious.

It is not a mod you're meant to use if you're still new enough to dark souls that you don't know there's mimics in the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think I need a link to this.

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/70-dark-souls-aggressive-mod/

There's also this, which involuntarily switches your weapon to some other random weapon every 7 seconds. I haven't tried it out but I might.

http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1r8p37/new_weapon_every_7_seconds_random_weapon_script/

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Well this was a good page in the glitch thread while it lasted, see yall in the next one.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This writer is incredible.

quote:

After a little over 30 minutes, he was still standing there, refusing to play. This is what I choose to perceive as the consequence of setting players' Awareness ratings to 99. Their awareness extends beyond football. They have achieved sentience. They know that they are little artificial intelligences, incubating in a plastic box. They know what is happening, and they know it is bad. They understand what the oblivious Seahawks do not.

This was a nonviolent protest.

I know when the game is trying to tell me something. Ethically speaking, I had no choice but to end the game, and end what I assumed to be the Patriots' existential suffering.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm almost inclined to buy Hardline from the footage I've seen from the Beta. I'm not into FPS games, but if you're just rolling around in murdertrucks it wouldn't be so bad.

Don't. Its one redeeming mode is Hotwire which has a lot of driving sometimes but it's being increasingly ruined by an unlock that lets anyone get a rocket launcher out of a vehicle's trunk, so instead of movie car chase shootouts, anytime you pass another car one of you will instantly blow up, and the survivor gets 5 seconds of relief before probably getting blown up again.

This is not unlike the rest of the gameplay, which is now just about shooting people in the back until someone shoots you in the back. Head-on fights amount to somebody popping up in front of you for a tenth of a second, then one of you falls over dead. Repeat ad infinitum. They got rid of almost all the environmental destructibility and the large vehicles like tanks, boats, APCs and jets. Overall they just threw away a lot of battlefield's good qualities for nothing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Croccers posted:

How is this different from BF 3/4's gunplay apart from you get to turn around and see who shoots you before you die? Or you duke it out face to face for three tenths of a second instead unless you pro-headshot them? Or you start to shoot someone and you get poo poo on by a tank/heli instead? Tell me about BF 3/4's meta gunplay because everyone is saying this but I played Hardline the same way I play 4 and ran good scores still.
Explosives spam in Hotwire does get dull though but PS4 didn't seem to have this :spergin:-RPG issue the PC had. And they went too far with destruction removal. You should still be able to level houses in that Dustbowl map but since you don't have tanks it just takes longer. And gently caress that radio and water tower, any high-flying sniper perch should be destructible.

Where did I mention BF3 or BF4.

BF3 frustrated me enough to leave the series after 25 hours. I hated how much more like call of duty they made the game with the extremely reduced amounts of health, when bad company 2 was already there with a much better example of how to keep some of the battlefield feel while making it smaller-scale and more focused. Then BF4 was bad and now hardline is bad. R.I.P. Battlefield.

Re: Glitches I am at least looking forward to seeing hardline's inevitable silly battlefield glitches on release. Pretty much every game has had at least one hilarious bug when they come out but they always get patched out in a month or two so I've never gotten to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-FP-rVIvHM

Like this one. After a skyscraper collapsed you could still find the buttons for its elevators buried in the rubble, and the buttons still worked hooked up to nothing at all, so they would teleport you and anything near you up to where the roof of the skyscraper used to be.

Owl Inspector has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Feb 9, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Battlefield 2142 had some extraordinary glitches and goofy physics too, until it got patched to hell and back and sanitized down to a shadow of what it could have been. I'll never understand why features like Titan movement and guided ejection pods were outright removed.

You could always control where your pod flew when you launched yourself out of an APC or a titan, although maybe the physics for it were changed early on to stop pod surfing*, I dunno.

Maybe it was outright removed in the one patch that happened after I stopped playing, but titan movement was already disabled on almost every single server I played on because it was bad. It completely lagged the servers and made fighting on the titans themselves even more laggy and janky. You think rubberbanding is fun, you have to experience it when your entire battlefield is in motion so everything is rubberbanding or randomly falling through the floor. And while it increased the spectacle of titan games because you had these 2 flying turbo carriers in the middle of the map raining fire on their missile silos to protect them, it also made them kind of unfun to play if you actually wanted to play the objective and capture missile silos instead of just chilling on your titan clicking on the ground.

Keeping titans from moving also worked just fine for game balance, because there was always that tradeoff between just holding onto missile silos to win a slow but steady victory or going in for the kill by destroying the titan itself. When the enemy titan would only ever be above their base, you had to go a long distance from the missile silos and your own titan, risking losing the silos or having your own titan get destroyed. Titan mode was glitchy but it's the only thing battlefield's ever done that beats Conquest mode. Great use of 2142's setting too.

*If it hasn't been posted about yet, battlefield 2142 had these little pods you could launch yourself in as an infantry. If you spawned from a beacon you would drop in from space(?) on one of these kickass space pods, and you could launch yourself out of APCs in these pods to get around the map, get on top of buildings, land on a titan (a giant flying aircraft carrier thing), etc. When the game launched there was a bug where you could actually move around in just the right way to make the pod fly in any direction while in midair, instead of following a parabolic arc. People used this to fly all over the entire maps as infantry and generally do things they were never meant to do. So these little pods would just zipping around in the air, slamming into gunships to destroy them and generally breaking the game.

It was patched before I started playing so it's another one of those great Battlefield Bugs I never got to experience, but the stories about it were wonderful.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There could be a different glitch (for :dice: I'd readily believe it) but the one in the video is actually what happens when an APC lands in the water, which makes it bounce around for no explainable reason. Here it's actually used to launch a vehicle from the ground to the top of a skyscraper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjxCP_eOko

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

This looks to be a side effect of someone changing the car properties on the PC edition by removing the friction.

Could be lies but the description says it's a few minutes into a fresh installed game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

A different sense of humor than me, therefore bad writer.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just want to point out the woman in the back in the last few seconds in case anyone was distracted by other things. This is a content-rich gif.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Burn all video games.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

On paper it would make more sense but depending on the implementation it might not be easier to code that way. It's something that only the designers could really answer. If the game was implemented well then that option probably would have been easier (not implying that it wasn't implemented well, just that you can't really tell).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

President Ark posted:

It's also possible - under rare circumstances - for a large explosion or something right after the cart starts dropping into the hole but before it actually hits the explosion trigger point to knock the cart away, at which point it becomes a contest for both teams to try to physics it back into/away from the hole.

TF2 rocket league sounds way more fun than 90% of payload rounds so I would count that as a feature.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Captain Lavender posted:

Is it normal for enemies to die this way? Is it an Elven Armor thing?

If a standing person turns into a ragdoll with no force applied to them, then they often fall down in a really weird way. Ice attacks in oblivion and skyrim tend to do that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bloodborne had a memory glitch where if you left the game running for over 12 hours or so, bosses became incapable of choosing an attack and so they would just repeatedly do the same thing over and over again, making them trivial to predict. Evidently the game would slowly memory leak if you just left it sitting for hours. It was patched out but it's an example that modern games are definitely not free from tech related glitches.

Not that you could use that specific one for a speedrun though, and you're a sad baby who is bad if you ever had to use that earnestly; real gamers beat their faces against the cursed watchdog for three hours, and also don't have jobs.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sights from my journey through witcherworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84XIRrzcJzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJkPLe9fDU8

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

neogeo0823 posted:

Now someone play Yakety Sax over it.

We can do better than yakety sax.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

7:45 to see it in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdUktT8loE

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If that gets patched out I'm not buying the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't even own the game and that offends me. At least bethesda actually knows when glitches need to stay in the game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Actually, even Bethesda usually removes game-breaking bugs like that one. Stuff like Oblivion's arrow-duplication glitch usually gets removed, because it trivializes the difficulty and devalues the game experience. The bugs they specifically intend to keep are things like the Giant Space Program in Skyrim, where the result doesn't actually hurt the gameplay since whatever got killed is already dead. Don't ask me how the Enchanting-Alchemy Loop stayed, though, that poo poo's egregious given how the rest of the game was designed. Technically not a bug, though.

Still, this sort of bug is something I'd expect the developers to fix in almost all cases, since as funny as it is it really does hurt the game as a package. Even Sonic Boom patched out the infinite-height glitch, although in that case I should argue they shouldn't have since that was accidentally really good game design.

I forgot that MGS has the FOBs which was why I was complaining, if you can take broken weapons into multiplayer then it definitely makes sense to fix it. But I mentioned bethesda because of the giant space program and the ability to steal things by putting a pot on someone's head.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Payday 2 updated today.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bloodborne has randomly generated dungeons. They can get very janky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR3tO1Lbudc

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh my god bethesda this is worse than in dark souls 2 :cripes:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dark souls 2 didn't speed up across the board. The frame rate only affected durability and a few other specific cases which were important but not nearly as important as the entire game speed.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you play the game to look at a barren shelf that might explain why you have different priorities than those of us who like to play the game and shoot things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA8mV8AnbA