Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ayb posted:

Do footballers go bankrupt after retirement at the rate NFL players do? I

Judging by the secret footballer plenty are on the border even before retirement. Owen is hawking himself around so much to keep his horse habit up which will be terry and then rooney in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ninpo posted:

Oops sorry, I don't have embedding on so youtubes are just links. Will edit.

e: content

From here.

That would be the same Meppen-Walter who is accused of death by dangerous driving.

Everyone knows the best drivers passed 2nd time.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

This guy does half and half kits every year without fail.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Corporal Jenkinson getting called up reminded me I don't think this has been posted. This is how every players childhood bedroom should look IMO.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Almost identical

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

s0meb0dy0 posted:

It'd be fascinating to see this broken down by possession in last 5 minutes or shots on goal. I imagine if one team is attacking intensely, there'll be more time added on.

It's all moot if it's not statistically significant.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Oh come on this is a purely bullshit graph. Most matches get 3-4 minutes extra time at the end, trying to imply they generally get 25s is loving ludicrous at best. Why did you even post this?

It's the additional extra time they get when losing vs winning

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Gun gestures in Mexico will get you a straight red..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tgQFQ5n_pQ

I'm glad my suggestion for red cards for any coordinated celebration is gaining traction.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Hahaha, a guy literally rang 606 on Saturday and said it was so unfair that Bale has been labelled a diver because he hasn't done it all season....

Savage was agreeing with him too

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Can't wait for the full length DVD.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3iNHpZX_hg

So Emre is being prosecuted for saying what he did that later resulted in this challenge and the prosecutor wants him to get 6 months to 2 years for it

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/former-newcastle-united-player-could-face-two-years-in-prison-for

Love this. Think i watched it several times a day for over a week when it happened.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

s0meb0dy0 posted:

In Barcelona v Benfica earlier this week, Barca started a team of Song, Puyol, Villa, and youth. Barca kept possession in midfield but was just bad everywhere else.

So they brought Messi on.

And no, they didn't get the ball.

Reminds me of this photo of maradona

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Tigren posted:

That's a good post there.

Hahaha I missed that, how disappointing.

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 8, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Love jack

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

loving lmao, .gif of the year

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Not a picture, but this is funny nonetheless

(In Italian) http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_estero/2012/12/27/ibrahimovic_verbo_zlatanare_dizionario_svedese_sprakradet.html

Apparently the group that introduces new words in to Swedish has added zlatanera, from Ibra's name of course, to the language, a word meaning to "dominate" or to "do something with a lot of force/power". Is there anything like that in English, where a player's name has been verb'd? In Italian we have "fare una cassanata" from Cassano, which is to do something insane or incredibly stupid, but I can't think of any others.

e: Ah, found one in English: http://www.thelocal.se/45298/20121227/#.UNyDE2__l8F

Mullered is so common I bet most people who use it don't know where it comes from.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That headbutt was probably the greatest thing I've ever seen on tele live. The utterly distraught look on the face on the French guy next to me as zidane walked down the tunnel made it even better.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013636y

Shebby Singh, Blackburns 'global advisor', was on 606 yesterday. Only heard clips so far but it seems like it was absolutely hilarious. His answer to his first question "what exactly is a global advisor" is "not telling!"

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Thirteenth Step posted:

His entire house is SHOCKING
Phil Neville's old gaf is great

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXjmV8h9c_0

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Is Rooney really worth £60mil?

Well you see he plays for manchester united

EDIT: whoops wrong account

No

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Some guy did some caricatures of footballers for the guardian

Some of them are a bit poo poo but I love the Bergkamp one, an Arsenal fan needs that as an av

There's more on his etsy store http://www.etsy.com/shop/Footynews

Going to have to an order a print of this or the Bergkamp one

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dunban posted:

Is that famous Arsenal player £7m Profit in the background?

naturellement

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

What a shameless dive

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ooEskECNbM

I don't think this has been posted (most excited commentary ever)

That owns. I hope he's recording them because he's sending them to the bbc every week hoping for a full time job.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

:allears:

Recognise him instantly from the pose and hair but it does look like he's cachetic.

EDIT:

:wtc: this is supposed to bergkamp right?

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 27, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Adulterous Hitler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUhHkr43a40&t=38s

Muslim player scores a goal for their club, 300 Israeli fans walk out in protest

i hope the isreali league becomes 100% muslim players

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bit cruel to cage him like that

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

The oldest lad looks alright tbh he's got some tekkers.

Clearly been watching lots of ronaldinho clips on YouTube

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The legal age for getting a tattoo should be raised to 50 for professional sportspeople.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Hegav posted:

Daniel Agger

Lol no. He has YNWA on his knuckles

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

tevez cost 45 million

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

El Hefe posted:

For the gunners.

He's coming home once someone meets fuentes's price

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

ragle posted:

Sort-By-Minutes/(Goals+Assists)

Walcott objectively better than Mata, Ozil, Robben, Ribery, Higuain and Bale :chord:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

vaginal culture posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2doncfKGiQ

Enzo Jose Jimenez, a player for Bella Vista in an Argentinian lower league, wasn't happy when a stray dog interrupted play with his team down a goal. So he picked up the poor thing by it's neck and hurled it off the pitch, right into a fence.

Jimenez was confronted by players from the other team, and fans hurled objects onto the pitch. He received a red card and was ejected from the game, probably for his own safety.

Good thing this didn't happen in Korea, said the referee, but in Spanish.

What a horrible thing to do :smith:

Was it in argentina where a player kicked the poo poo out of an owl and killed it?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Anyone seen this video? It's real funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Why are they pushing Tottenham so hard btw? They aren't even in the CL, you'd think they'd go with one of the top four teams. Bale billboards in Times Square and all.

People are hoping they can jump on them before they get big and then they don't seem like such a huge plastic.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Blue Screen Error posted:

Here's a nice way of visualising how disgustingly plastic the entire loving world is, a map of where tweets mentioning teams originate from.

I'm a fan of the lone Norwich fan in Madeira and the Palace lad in the Seychelles.

Maybe they're on holiday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Frankston posted:

Agbonlahor tackled one of the One Direction members in the Petrov testimonial today, here are some of the reactions:

The horror tackle itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6YufTa9ow

lol the reaction is incredible

edit and ladbrokes have gone full troll:

Ladbrokes ‏@Ladbrokes 6m
Gabby Agbonlahor did this to 1Direction's @Louis_Tomlinson earlier ... http://ow.ly/i/35Xqw #1D #sticktosinging

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 8, 2013

• Locked thread